jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Idleness leads to waste.

1. 61
    boilerboy48posted 5 years ago via iphone

I have found that simple things like TV watching lead to wasted time. It is one thing to look on the TV listings and watch a program for entertainment. It is another thing all together. With the TV on and no particular program to watch my family and I spend many an hour just sitting and doing nothing. When the TV is off we accomplish much more. We spend quality time together. We complete tasks. Life is much fuller and satisfying.
    The next time I want to have a productive day the TV will be off, along with the Internet.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...i got rid of cable...don't miss it...so the TV is in the spare bedroom taking up room on the floor...lots of music however...but that was usually the way it was anyway.....now...how do i get rid of the laptop?????????...that's next i figure........haven't been using it long (habitually) for personal reasons - just over a year now....but need it for work....

3. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

I sometimes just leave my tv on and use it for background intertainment as I go about and do whatever it is that I need to do.  I never sit and just watch it but always listen to it like a tv radio....lol

4. Disappearinghead profile image89
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

Yesterday was completely unproductive for me as I spent much of it on Hubpages forums. big_smile