jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

1900 years ago

1. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

It is written that ...  1900 years ago John received a revelation of things to come.

Rev. 1:1   "...God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which Must SHORTLY come to pass"

"Blessed is he that readeth and they that HEAR the words ...
    For the Time IS at Hand"

It seems as though few people hears the words  ...
           "Shortly come to Pass"
           "For the time IS at hand"

If we do not understand   THIS ?  How can we understand the rest of the message? 
         This revelation that John received begins very simply and then    ....  If we do not understand THIS simple part ?
    We become lost in our own complexity.

Just 40 years after this message was preached, ... That Hebrew Nation that this message was given to, ceased to exist.

The End of Days for That Hebrew Nation which was Gods Chosen people came to an end just as Jesus foretold.
        The 70 weeks that they were given to finish the transgression (Daniel 9:24) had been accomplished. 

We should ask ourselves ...  Who was God talking to when these prophesy were given 2400 years ago ???

1900 years ago God said THE  TIME  IS AT  HAND   even at the door.
        And here we are ...  still waiting ...  for things that has already passed.  Not knowing what is yet to come.
       Because we misunderstood a simple sentence.

Many simple sentences actually.

1. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And, you'll wait another 1900 years, and then another, and then another ... smile

Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Really do gotta go now, I'll be back later.

2. Jaydeus profile image79
    Jaydeusposted 5 years ago

Things written during that time were in a writing style known as the ''Apocalyptic''.  It is kind of like our modern poetry in that our works are only understood by us today, especially those with more artistic and cognitive brain functioning.
    To me and others that understand this concept, Revelations and the other books of the New Testament(not counting the Gospels, for they are unique in the fact they are often contrasting stories of the same phenomenon)are not meant to be taken in literal context or even seriously, as most of it was anti-Roman rhetoric by poets and writers of the time, much in the way we have government dissidents today who seek to disestablish the current rule. 
    Instead of taking seriously the works of semi-educated sheep herders and fishermen, jump ahead 1900 years and join the modern world where perception is reality and all the miracles that happen are most easily explained with rational thought and science.
    The purpose of Christianity in its modern form is not to inform or educate you, but keep you single-minded and in the dark, for knowledge is power, and that power is in the collective reasoning of our world and its inhabitants.

3. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

What you say is true  AND   not.

The messages are simple, until we intelectualize them.

1900 years ago ...  it was written that a man made religion would rise up out of the sea.   240 years pass  and Constantine establishes it.

The Roman Catholic Church and the Roman Empire became ONE

It became known as the Holy Roman Empire.

This was the will of God.  For what purpose I'll never know.

It is written that this organization will be given 42 Months to blaspheme.
       As the 62 weeks in Daniel indicates,  62 weeks is the same as 568 of our years.
       42 months would then be equal to approx 1650 years.

What was happening 1650 years ago?
       Is the end of the 42 months upon us ?

1. getitrite profile image82
      getitriteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Unless you were there to witness the divinity of these verses, you have nothing but gullible, blind belief.

Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Everyone believes something.   Me too

4. Jaydeus profile image79
    Jaydeusposted 5 years ago

I believe in 27 weeks and one day I will have a beer in celebration of my 27th circle around the sun.  Proof that God exists for I will be a prophet if said action comes to pass.

5. 0
    Uirikposted 5 years ago

When christian say Jesus is comming soon, he should soon as in not less than a given time otherwise his statement is meaningless!