jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (28 posts)

The Mouth - A Weapon of Faith

1. fodiogor profile image61
    fodiogorposted 5 years ago

The mouth of the Believer is a strong weapon in his faith walk, in spiritual warfare and soul winning. It is very important for every Christian to be conscious of this weapon and use it to his or her advantage.

In Genesis 1, at creation God used this weapon and we can see the result. God said "Let there be light: and there was light" Gen.1:3 (KJV). All we have in the universe were what God said. What he spoke happened.

In Mark 11:14, Jesus spoke to the tree. What he said happened. (seeMark 11:20-21). Your faith is expressed by your words. People who are not Christains do this too and they call it affirmation. They develop statements of faith, as it were, and keep confessing it. You must find the promises of God concerning your life situations and start to confess them.If you have not done this before, you may find it difficult at the beginning but I can assure you that if you continue you will get results.

Jesus said "For verily I say unto you, thet whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be removed and be cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith." Mark 11:23 (KJV).

The reasons why it will work for you are:
    1. Jesus said it will work for you.
    2. You were made in the image of God.You have creative ability.
    3. You are redeemed and restored to a place of authority.
    4. It works. People who practised it in faith have testimony.

I urge you to use this weapon today.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Terrible behavior. Is that all you believers ever think about is warfare, weapons and fighting?

Is it any wonder religions cause so many wars? smile

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Spiritual warfare , why are you insisting on abusing every single person who writes on spirituality ?

"Your faith is expressed by your words" so true.

1. Cagsil profile image83
          Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why do you insist on claiming spirituality is anything more than Love? roll

1. mohitmisra profile image61
            mohitmisraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try to add or answer the question intelligently then the thread will become a nice one instead of  ruining it.

1. Cagsil profile image83
              Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The object isn't to abuse anyone, but to get a straight answer. The problem is religious folk and mystics alike, don't give straight answers, because they don't know how to.

There. I answered your question, now answer mine. wink

2. Tony L Smith profile image69
    Tony L Smithposted 5 years ago

Dear brother, the comments to your hub prove that the toungue is a weapon. Sometimes connected to a heart of bitterness, sometimes connected to a pure heart. Thanks for the post
    to your victory

3. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 5 years ago

Aleph: "Creator is NOT exclusive to 'Christians', as he was not exclusive to the Hebrews".
    Tov: "Creator is NOT a respecter of persons. Righteousness is judged by righteousness, everything else is judged by the law. This IS the purpose of the law, reason for the Work and validity/evidence of the testimony (things unseen made manifest) in each one: that they ARE Faith and DO the work of faith. Else, they are tongues of serpents, clanging symbols, the priests of baal, cutting themselves with swords beneath the desert moon.

4. 68
    paarsurreyposted 5 years ago

One should speak softly ,lovingly and with reason; it is a tool one is endowed with by the Creator-God for expressing one's thoughts with other human beings and also for convincing others to one's own point of view.

1. earnestshub profile image86
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Suras 9 and 5, the most violent and vile of Suras are the last spoken by Muhammad, and they abrogate all previous verses in conflict with them. Do not allow Muslim apologists to deceive you by citing verses abrograted by verses in Suras 9 and 5.

Muslims lie to Infidels about what the Qur’an says. In fact, the Qur’an honors and promote deceit to advance Islam against the Infidels.

Taqiyya masters will tell you the Qur’an is being mistranslated to English. This is BS.

The verses in all the translations are remarkably similar. A manifest of intimidation, war and murder. It’s easy to see, but hard for many to believe because its vileness and deceit are repulsive.

Now you will understand just a bit more about how jihad is fundamental to Islam.

Muslims claim you are reading an English Qur’an that has misinterpreted the original Arabic. This is complete BS.

The Qur’an is not that complicated at all. The chapters are out of order, which is stupid and confuses the reader who does not know this, but now you know the correct sequence. You can look at many English translations, and they are extremely close.

Really, how does ‘kill’ in Arabic get mistranslated into ‘love’ rather than ‘kill.’ It simply can’t be.

1. 68
        paarsurreyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is not a dot that got abrogated in Quran; it is all intact, pristine, rational and full of brilliant arguments. All the atheists agnostics skeptics whatever; neither severally nor jointly can author such a Word revealed with brilliant reasons.

Abrogation is irrelavent to Quran.

Quran challanges:

[2:112] And they say, ‘None shall ever enter Heaven unless he be a Jew or a Christian.’ These are their vain desires. Say, ‘Produce your proof, if you are truthful.’
        [2:113] Nay, whoever submits himself completely to Allah, and is the doer of good, shall have his reward with his Lord. No fear shall come upon such, neither shall they grieve.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=111

5. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Total Bulldust! Read the book!

1. 68

I have read it; it is very rational and reasonable

Quran Surah 44: Smoke
        Those in torment will claim to believe and ask Allah for relief. But he will refuse since they will return to their disbelief. 11-16
        Those in hell must eat from a tree like molten brass that burns their bellies. Then boiling water will be poured on their heads. 43-48

Show me how this is "reasonable?"

Better still, show me how it is rational! lol

2. 68

I give the verses:

[44:8] The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, if you would only have faith.
          [44:9] There is no God but He. He gives life and He causes death. He is your Lord, and the Lord of your forefathers.
          [44:10] Yet they play about in doubt.
          [44:11] But watch thou for the day when the sky will bring forth a visible smoke,
          [44:12] That will envelop the people. This will be a painful torment.
          [44:13] Then will the people cry: ‘Our Lord, remove from us the torment; truly, we are believers.’
          [44:14] How can they benefit by admonition, when there has already come to them a Messenger, explaining things clearly,
          [44:15] And yet they turned away from him and said: ‘He is tutored, a man possessed?’
          [44:16] We shall remove the punishment for a little while, but you will certainly revert to disbelief.
          [44:17] On the day when We shall seize you with the great seizure, then certainly We will exact retribution.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=10

What is there which one cannot understand?

I understand perfectly well as do others who are not blindfolded by their indoctrination. I wonder what you see when you read this? smile
            Obviously different to one with eyes still open to read.

If you can't see the psychosis in these passages even after it has been sanitized then you are ignorant by indoctrination, and finally by choice.

6. thebrucebeat profile image60
    thebrucebeatposted 5 years ago

It is interesting to note that the OP gives examples of talking to trees, mountains and God talking to Himself when commanding there to be light.  None of these examples are talking to people.  The weapon is not being used against another person, in the given examples.  Coincidence?
    I like St. Francis of Assis's view.  He said,  "Evangelize always, and when necessary use words."

I agree, if one is to evangelize at all.
      In all the years my son was a chorister not once did anyone at that church squawk about their faith to me.

They were simply a group of nice people doing a great job to feed the under privileged.
      Non believers such as myself respect them. Their focus is on helping the disadvantaged

1. 68

That is concentrating to a part of the purpose of human life

2. 0
      Twenty One Daysposted 5 years ago in reply to this

good one Bruce.

7. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately your interpretation of the use of the creative voice is misaligned.

And the good Lord said "Let there be Light".  Also John's Gospel 1:4 In the Word was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.

This has naught/nothing/zilch to do with speaking words from a book.  It's about creation itself.

The Mouth as a Weapon of Faith in modern days, has nothing to do with the original use of the voice or the word.  (The Word also has naught to do with scriptures, it also is a principle of creation).

Evangelism is like Al Qaeda - a break away sect that believes their belief is better than someone elses.  And it's dangerous in the wrong hands!

8. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 5 years ago

The voice is a weapon and sometimes it's best that people keep their mouth closed! smile

1. 68

If one says it is a tool; it is peaceful

1. Jewels profile image82
        Jewelsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

An axe is a tool, a knife is a tool.  You can chop wood or cut oranges, or you can maim and murder.

9. peanutroaster profile image79
    peanutroasterposted 5 years ago

I was taught - if you don't have anything nice to say, shut your mouth.

10. Martial Artist profile image83
    Martial Artistposted 5 years ago

Very true. Great hub!

11. Jefacity profile image60
    Jefacityposted 5 years ago

Well then it is imperative we speak nicely of each other. May all be blessed and enjoy the golden state.