jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Is Superman Jesus?

1. tHErEDpILL profile image88
    tHErEDpILLposted 5 years ago

I'm too busy right now to post all of the similarities but trust me I will be back.  Hopefully when I do this forum will already have some life.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, he's not.  However, there are religious symbolism relating Superman as a Jesus Christ figure if you ever analyzed all the films closely enough.  But in the end, he's not Jesus.  No, he probably has more in common with Hercules than anything else.  He's a mighty being with unfathomable powers using his physical attributes to defend mankind.  Jesus was a pacifist, so you know he never got physical.  However, this hasn't stopped Hollywood from playing up the symbolism over time in the movies.

tHErEDpILLposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I will be either hubbing the many facts I have soon or putting them up in here.  Trust me, when I'm done you will probably agree that he wasdefinitely molded after Jesus.  I promise all will be explained.

1. sabrebIade profile image86
          sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know exactly what you mean.
          But if you are gonna do a Hub on it I'll keep my mouth shut.

No matter how much it kills me.

tHErEDpILLposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol, I know if anyone knows where I am going it is you Sabreblade.  smile

2. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

actually many people think Aquaman has more similarities to Jesus - turning water into wine, feeding the 5 thousand with two fishes and loaves of bread and walking on water

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He has been called superstar

Make sense, He is the Sun of God, you never see him in person or captured on film. I think the church made him into a superstar to sell some of his words to power themselves, and hide the words they don't want you to know about.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image71
    C.V.Rajanposted 5 years ago

If Jesus wants to, he could manifest Superman powers at his will. But mostly Jesus (or any divine personality like him) is more content to express his divinity through human ways.

4. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

No, they are not even close.

Superman is a fictional character, a comic book superhero disguised as Clark Kent a mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet newspaper.

Jesus is the central figure of Christianity, venerated as God the Son incarnated, and believed to have risen from the dead after being crucified.

5. Fiddleman profile image70
    Fiddlemanposted 5 years ago

They are not one and the same. Jesus was God incarnate in the flesh. Most can't explain but it was part of the Divine Plan before the world was formed to reconcile fallen man (Adam the first man) back to God through the sacrificial death of his Son Jesus (the second man) who was the God-Man Who satisfied all the requirements of a Just and Holy God. Those of us who believe He was Who He said He was and accept his death, burial and resurrection. In His atoning death on Calvary the Sin debt of man was paid in full.

1. shogan profile image87
      shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, I think you're right that most people can't explain.

6. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago