jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

A Great American Haunting

1. diabloknight profile image83
    diabloknightposted 8 years ago

Check out my article series, A Great American Haunting.  In this series, I reflect on some of this nation's famous haunted houses.  It also will boast the oppertunity to check out some places that, I'm sure, none of you have ever heard of.  Also, coming soon is a mini documentary to visit these places, mix of Ghost Hunters and Unsolved Mysteries, that will be posted along with the articles.  I hope you enjoy!

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Posting with the sole purpose of promoting your hubs (or - Gob forbid! - external sites), no matter how good or relevant to the topic are they, is not allowed on those forums - except for Extreme makover, were quite a few people try to mask their promotional purposes with request for feedback. smile

3. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 8 years ago

You might want to be careful when ghost hunting diabloknight.

Both the movies 'Amityville Horror' and 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' were taken from true stories.

4. diabloknight profile image83
    diabloknightposted 8 years ago

Thanks for your concern Make Money, but all is grand on this front.  I haven't been on a hunt in a year or so, I'm more into researching the area now, rather than hunting at this point in my life. 

Emily Rose is based on actual events, but the Amityville situation still draws a question mark.  Shortly after George and Cathy Lutz were divorced, she went to the press and told that it was all a ploy to hopefully make a little money on selling their story, considering George's business was in severe trouble and their debt was growing deeper and deeper.  George swears, to this day, that the events were and are real, but there's no way of really knowing.  The original house was destroyed a few years back, but no other reports were taken from anyone else on the property.  Considering these accounts, Cathy's claim that it was a scam is plausable, considering it is documented that the family were in finacial ruin.  However, that could be blamed on an angry spouse as well.  I know of one crew that went to the home and researched it.  No one got any kind of EMF readings, nor did they get any kind of EVP's on the property.  Which gives more reason to believe that it was a scam.  Nobody can really say if it's true or not, but it made an interesting story.  Perhaps this will be one of those mysteries that will be debated for a long time to come.