False Doctrine

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (211 posts)
  1. reb4822 profile image61
    reb4822posted 12 years ago

When Muhammad was given the Koran, it was given to him by Satan, why, will if a man can not read or write, and the only knowlege he has is what he hears from other people in the region in which he lives, this would make him a good way to bring a lie into the world.People who will kill you because you are a non-beleiver, but in true we are the true believers, for we that believe Jesus is the Son of the Almighty by faith believe, those that don't believe are the Muslims, unless you have Jesus as your Lord and Saviour then you are one of the Faithful. Since Abraham the Arab people have been at war with Israel, which happened when Ishmael and his mother Hagar were run off by Sarah the wife of Abraham. At that time God sent an angel to Hagar and told her that Ishmael would slao be a Great Nation that would always be at war with his relative, yes I said Relatives, Issac and Ishmael are brothers, half brothers but brothers just the same. Read the word of the Almighty and hear what the Spirit of the Lord says to your Spirit, and the truth will set you free.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.
      To some of that.
      The word "great" doesn't always mean good, nor Godly.

2. Abhaque Supanjang profile image72
      Abhaque Supanjangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Muhammad means the praised ones. Al-Qur'anul Kariem was told to Rasulullahu 'Alaihi wasallam through Jibril, the Greatest Angel - the Leader of all Angels. Satans are nothing for Muhammad Salallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam. They are afraid of him. Even, they will be burnt if they dare to get closed to the greatest Prophet. I am sure, you know nothing about Islam, then you just create your own false assumption on this religion...!

reb4822posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No,I in order to understand I have read your holy book. It is all that one takes from one religion, twist it to conform to what the people are looking for in order to mislead the one who would believe in the true God, Hitler did this himself to cause hate to the true people of the Almighty. The almighty God of Abraham sent to use his only begotten son and whom ever believes in him shall not perish. But back to Hitler he murdered those who did not conform to his belief just as the Muslims are doing today to those who will not believe in the Greatest Lie Satan that old serpent has made known to the world. May the true Spirit of the Lord Jesus the Christ open your heart to the truth before it is to late and you are cast into the lake of Fire. Peace be with you.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice! You ended it with a threat from your god! lol lol lol

2. Titen-Sxull profile image70
          Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So God plans on burning people in a lake of fire eh?

Burning people forever is a pretty evil thing to do.

Conclusion: your God is evil.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
      Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Satan? didn't your parents teach you that there is no closet monster when you were a child?

1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image72

We don't believe in monster. It is rubbish...!

2. Abhaque Supanjang profile image72

We don't believe in monster. It is rubbish...!

1. djoutsider711 profile image60
          djoutsider711posted 12 years agoin reply to this

... Why not? Monsters are much more feasible than a god. Giant squids, cannibals, serial killers, child rapist...

3. reb4822 profile image61

Jesus is the Redemmed, sent to save all of us. If being a Hippy is bad because they looked more for Peace and not war then a Hippy I would rather be.

4. Abhaque Supanjang profile image72

What are Satans ?
      Satans are kinds of animals that hate good human. Since they were born into this world, they have been predestined to be thrown into the hell. Their live is under the command of their great king... iblis. Satan always tempt human to do bad things to their surroundings as well as the whole world. They hate peace situation; they detest the ones who do favour to the other; they play human off one and another in order  they kill or fight; they whisper to every human that the bad things is good and the good thing is bad. They pass their live in frustration until the end of time. They are very bad creature; they are  great drunkards, they are great beggars, they are great liers, they are great slanderers. They do all bad things to all human being behind their fatal weakness in their live.
      The only religion that knows satan precisely is only ISLAM....! Satans are actually weak animals, bad animals...! They may be visible as well as invisible. They invisible satans are in the family of genie, the cursed genie --- meanwhile the visible ones are human themselves. Human that have characters as I mention above included in satan.
      Satans hate Muslims to their bone, soul and skin. In their heart, actually, they believe in Allah Subhanahu wata'ala, the only God for the whole universe. But they are shy to admit it -- they are hypocritical creatures. All good things for satans are prohibitted in Islam. Islam prohibits adultery, hard drink, cheating, slandering, stealing, robbery, lesbian, homosexual, usury, and many more. They hate them so much.
      They hate Muslims, because We are not willing to follow their ways.
      Satans are nothing for Nabiyullah - Rasulullah Muhammad Salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam. They are so weak animals that they will be burnt if they try to get closed Muhammad Salallaahu 'alaihi Wasallam; even for any good Muslims in common, satans are nothing -- they are rubbish. They are even worse than the drop of  dog and pig, the animal that is also prohibitted in Islam to take care and consume; but satans like them.
      Satans detest the Muslims that recite Al-Qur'anul Kariem. They will run away from the Muslim houses in which Al-Qur'an is recited, else they will get killed by the content of the most holy book in the universe.
      Satans hates the Words: ASH-HADU AL-LAA ILAA HA ILLALLAAHU .... WA-ASH-HADU ANNA- MUHAMMADARRASULULLAAH.....
      Allahu Akbar.......!

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why would Allah create Satans if they are so evil?

You really do spin quite the fairy tale. smile

ASH-HADU AL-LAA ILAA HA ILLALLAAHU.....WA-ASHHADU ANNAMUHAMMADARRASULULLAAHHH....!
          It has relationship to the aim of creating Nabiyullah ADAM 'Alaihis Salaam  (you call him Adam) by Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala. Adam is honoured by all Muslims like other prophets; from the beginning, He had been created by Allah to live on the earth. He was predestined by Allah to stay for a while in the heaven, got Eva (We, Muslims call her Siti Hawa); they got married in the heaven.
          Beside their existance, Allah also had predestined Iblis (a kind of genie - the king of Satans) to be the first unbeliever in this universe. Iblis did not want to appreciate the creation of Adam and decided to run against all what Allah asked him to do. As the consequency, Allah asked him to stay off the heaven, and predestined to be in the hell forever after the  judgement day. He was in grudge, and promised ... until the end of time, he would mislead as many as Adam's descendants to be with him in the hell.
          Iblis then went down to the earth and married some genies - the ones that had been existed on the earth far before the coming of human being onto the earth ---  programmed  his descendants to revenge to Nabiyullah Adam 'Alaihis Salam and all of his descendants;  the descendants of Iblis are Satans. All of them will be in the hell after the judgement day. It is the reason why I was so ridiculous at the time I read the false statement written by reb4822 above; it is not us who hold false doctrine --- He does it. He knows nothing about Islam, but pretend as if he knew much. Even, he could not differentiate between Iblis and Satans. Satans are nothing for Rasulullah Muhammad Salallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam. Even, Iblis -- the ancestor of Satans were so frightened of the Great Nabiyullah.
          Iblis and Satans were created by Allah as such testers for human to distinguish between the good human and the bad ones. Allah lets satans do all efforts to mislead you, I, all people in this world to follow them; in the other hand, Allah endow some selected Human the power to encounter all bad ways whispered by satans. We, Muslims really realize this condition. This is not fairy tale, this is not false doctrine, this is not a zonk argument...... all things that I write here were from Nabiyullah Muhammad Salallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam. And all of his words were coming from Jibril...! Allahu Akbar...!

Why would Allah create "bad humans" and then create testers for us to distinguish them? That makes no sense at all. Why doesn't he just create good humans, instead?

It sounds just like a fairy tale, full of magic and mystery and things that simply defy our natural world. smile

2. djoutsider711 profile image60

Sooo... you don't believe in monsters but you believe in "satans". They seem fairly monstrous to me.

I do suggest you to the read my Hub entitled "The UNSEENS"..... Monster is only a false story created by some people among you to frighten your kid. All Rasulullah since Nabiyullah Adam 'Alaihis Salam until Muhammad Salallaahu 'Alaihis Salam, had warned all their followers to be careful to all actions done by Satans.

1. djoutsider711 profile image60

" Monster is only a false story created by some people among you to frighten your kid" or someone you seek to control.

I hope that my children (when I have them) are more scared of rapist than the boogy-man or Satans... both of which are intangible, not real and figments of the imagination created to try and explain something (previously) explainable.

Let me ask you this.. technically these Satans are human, right?

If so, to follow this reasoning, what happens when these satans breed with your gods people (which is likely to happen over a 2000+ year time span)?

I guess the child of that coupling would be a torn individual, constantly fighting the urge to do both good and evil... thus the turmoil of the soul.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this theology of yours. Does it not scream fantasy to you? It seems very fantastical to me. Gave me flashback to Tolkien and H.G. Wells.

Just to put this out there, what if, I just as Muhammad, can hear the voice of God you would call me crazy, it is to the savation of all that concerns me, that all of us be saved, But unless you believe in that Jesus is the Son of the Most High you will be forever lost. Peace be with you.

5. Michael Jon profile image61
      Michael Jonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

reb4822 "The truth will set you free", that is misleading and deceitful. Lies are laoded with partial truths.

When the scripture is taken out of context, it opens the door to false doctrine and Satan is an expert at doing this. I know that you didn't do this on purpose but please be more careful.

The truth is this... Jesus said to the children of Abraham (the Jews who believed him), "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32

6. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
      Shahid Bukhariposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know ... and so should you ... know ... where we get these Ideas of Evil from ... and who gives us the false Concepts, of Reality ...  from whence all Fallacy, flows  ...

For, as Humans, its our Duty to Understand ... That primarily, all Faiths, Beliefs and Religious Scriptures ... Follow The Truth ... That basically there are only two kinds of Humans ... the Good and the Bad ones ...

Thus while Knowing ... That there is only One Truth .... should we allow Satan ... to sow dissent and doubt among our kind ... should we assist the accursed by following his designs ... ?

Please Spare the Koran ... Muhammad ... Islam ... and Muslims ... from Prejudice's tirades ...

Do you know ... one of his followers ... with a Muslim name ... [and your granted honor of ... Sir !] Salman Rushdie ... is the author of "Satanic Verses" ...  That another, Osama bin Laden ... also bearing a Muslim name ... at the behest of his like others ... are jointly responsible for causing ... all this senseless bloodshed in today's world.

That Ariel Sharon, a Jew ... is the accursed murderer of helpless men, women and children of Sabra and Shatila camps ... That Hitler and Stalin are Christians, gone insane ... That Pol Pot was a Buddhist ... and so were Einstein and Oppenheimer ... as much as Harry Truman ... the murderers of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ...!

We Muslims follow The Ordained ... and we do not need anyone's Certification to Believe that The Way we Follow, is the Ordained Way of Peace ... The Way of Love and Respect, for all Humankind...

Do you know what the Word, Islam ... means ... It means and stands for ... Peace ... in the world ... and the Hereafter.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"When Muhammad was given the Koran, it was given to him by Satan".
    Must be hell living in a world where a good deal of the world's population follows Satan.

You can follow only one God, this is the God that sent to us his son inorder for us to have salvation. Jesus is the son of the true God, those who don't believe will perish in the lake of fire with all who believe in the teachings of Muhamm. All one has to do is open your eyes and see for yourself, and not what Government tells for most of what they say is lies.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you have any idea how arrogant this sounds? Your belief lays the foundation for conflict and wars.

Ironically, it is you that is being controlled...since religion is one of the most powerful tools at the government's disposal.

1. profile image0
          brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes and if this were a political forum we would be supporting some warmonger or if this were an economics and someone said Reagan.. others would protest this too...

If catholicism had not have been the way they were, way back when, with the inquisition then Christianity would not have such a bad name.
          If the koran, which was delivered by an angel.. the bible delivered by God to moses... if the koran is false, which it is then metaphorically, satan would have delivered it. It is a standard Christian belief of a personified entity of evil bent on destroying mankind. Supervillans can do all sorts of things... but i have trouble believing that God gave permission to allow ha sawtawn to deliver a book of such ... terribleness.
          So whether the originator of the koran be a man, the masons or satan the point is still on the table whether governments use this for control or not
          Actually believing in God is liberating, its not controlling but allowing goodness to rule instead of malice, envy, jealousy.. etc. Those are controlling influences that control more than any government. Goodness has to be pushed into activity and the ability to push this type of goodness is a gift of God.

1. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yet,your book is almost as violent

1. profile image0

The book tells it like it is/was.
              man-up will ya

2. lizzieBoo profile image59
            lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Protestantism is just like Islam. It's about worshiping a man-made book.

And lets just look at Christianity at the time of the 'inquisition': Elizabethan England under the protestants had more violence and torture than at any other time before or since. Fact.

1. profile image0

catholicism is not christianity. Fact
              ya might want to open the history books on england again and discover that much of the violence was political.

1. lizzieBoo profile image59

Yes, everything after the reformation was political because protestantism killed religion. It trampled on the faith and culture of the people. Thereafter, protestant England took the  same message around the world and created a huge empire by trampling on the religion and culture of as many other nations as it could. By its nature protestantism is political and about social order. By its nature it is divisive. The giveaway's in the title.

1. lone77star profile image73
                  lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good points, Lizzie. The "original sin" had to do with similar divisiveness.

Perhaps, though, Christianity had been made comatose much earlier ... say the ecumenical council presided over by Justinian, the Byzantine emperor. That royal ego arrested the sitting pope, and jailed him until he would submit to the emperor's ideas of how Christianity should be run. Then, "mysteriously," on the pope's way back home after years of incarceration, he died.

The Catholic church claims Peter as their first pope, but how many popes have ever walked on water? My guess is only the one, and Peter likely didn't know that he had been elected to that lofty position.

I suspect that there is a great deal about Christianity that needs re-evaluating -- getting back to the fundamentals, but not as the so-called "fundamentalists" would have us believe.

The biggest problem is in ego and the hidden motives borne out of it. That's what ruined religion, time and time again.

And the antidote to ego is humility. (There! Now, that I've said it, my ego feels so much better. And therein lies a real Catch-22! Assertiveness, self-righteousness, and such all strengthen the ego.)

lone77star, I'm sorry for the delayed response.
                    I don't quite know what you mean by, 'Christianity had been made comatose much earlier'. The history of the Popes is both fascinating and outrageous. Pretty much anything a person can be accused of appears in the history of the Church. There have been some hideous ones as well as some saintly ones (a bit like American presidents) but the doctrine and Apostolic tradition were not changed, and the faith of the common people, crucially, remained uncorrupted.
                    Peter was first Pope yes. I cannot imagine he accepted this fact without the utmost gravity or sense of purpose. He stuck by it to his grisly death after all. Popes aren't there to set themselves up as saints, and nor, for the most part, do they. They represent the Rock: The absolute and unchanging nature of truth. I don't think that ego has anything to do with the structure of the Church. The Church is the body which reiterates the foundations of Christianity. Again, its a bit like the American constitution. I believe the constitution is repeated daily by all American students so that there can be no twisting or hiding, or overly personal inetrpretations of the real meanings within it. It would be no good saying to everyone to only take which bit they wanted from it. To deny any part of the constitution is to undermine the whole constitution and people are punished accordingly.
                    The Church is not a legal authority but a similar constitution is in place which is entirely morality based.
                    Humility is certainly the greatest virtue but I can't think that anyone has achieved it completely. We cannot abandon the ego completely or else we would have no desire to be closer to God. Ego is the sense of self. We need it, but we need to keep it contained.
                    I don't think that Christianity needs re evaluating. People just need to be properly educated about it.
                    You are quite right about humility though. It is that age-old problem. How do you focus on being humble whilst also forgetting yourself? And if you have achieved humility and know it, aren't you then back to square one?

2. profile image0

exactly... the protestantism there in England, ireland and scotland is different than the protestantism Luther encouraged. The wars and conflicts are age old, steeped in culture and tradition.
                  The religion that was ruling before protestantism was catholicism and the reformation under that regime was needed, so thanks to protestantism - reform happened but not without a struggle.
                  It has been so long in the history now that to see protestantism as a hero is difficult to distinguish.

English protestantism, in particular Puritanism, which gets its name from the attempt to 'purify' the church of its Catholicism, comes from Luther/Calvinist thinking. It would not have taken off to the degree it did, had not Henry VIII waged war against the church in England, which was a mighty force in Europe. The church needed reform at that time. There was corruption and wrong teaching in the upper ranks and it was being reformed by the truly faithful in and around the 1540s by the likes of the great Thomas More, Erasmus and John Fisher. The actual Reformation didn't  reform the church but instead set up a new religion. Catholicism was banned. Freedom of faith was banned. The Puritans were extremists. They banned dancing, music, wearing colour, even celebrating Christmas.
                    You are right that in England, protestantism was never heroic, since it came about by force and bloodshed, which is not true of Catholicism.

3. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 12 years ago

And seeing as the Koran is largely derivative of the bible, that's a very good deal of the worlds population!

4. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years ago

Are you serious?

Yes, look around, who is murdering who? Muslim are even mudering there own people, because the hate all that would be good. Read your Bible and ask for understanding from God and not Man for man willlead you astray.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"for man willlead you astray".

Went and looked at your profile before commening.

Robert;  you are a man ...  are you trying to lead us astray?

Ha Ha

No, if you ask for wisdom, knowlage and understanding the lord will bless you with more than this.

2. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It seems like in places like Iraq and Afghanistan they are both killing each other.  Oh...I forgot, war is not murder.

There are three fingers pointing back at you.

Yes, a 2000 year old book should suffice.  No need using our intellect to discern reality.

1. profile image0

when you get into the 'do whatever you have to do' mentality of islam and muslim. anything does happen.
          The worst people get from christians is have a nice day (or in some cases the truth about their evil doings) I can't remember the last time a christian shot someone over their religious belief in my neighborhood or country (canada)
          A lot of dispute over there centers around waterfront property, water, land issues and population distribution. Iraq has lots of money, as does arabia and a couple of other countries due to oil, and money as we know makes people crazy in their ambitions.

The 2000 yr old book does not replace our intellect to discern reality it helps us to handle our immediate reality in many ways that a heathen would never think of. And remember the book is not our only source of guidance every day, God himself leads us by the spirit.
          So you are way off the path in saying what you said.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Satan is non-existent, so how did Mohammad get it from something that doesn't exist? lol

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

elfin magic...of course!      smile

2. reb4822 profile image61

So you are saying that God does not existe and you are waiting for little green men to come get you.

3. profile image0

The same way joseph smith got his golden tablets which no one saw.
      or
      IF the masons are behind the creation of islam, mohammed may have been their boy.
      or
      since there are strong similarities between catholic and islam perhaps the perpetrators of catholicism needed another weapon to keep the heat off themselves - like they used the jesuits.

brothery, its completely absurd to compare Islam with Catholicism. They are different in every way. Islam started with a book, Catholicism did not. Islam cannot show any images of man or nature in its Mosques as it would be blasphemous, Catholics churches are packed full of images of everything under the sun and every mystical thing it can imagine. Islam believes the world is dominated by the devil, Catholics believe it is dominated by good. Musilims say 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,' Catholics say 'turn the other cheek'. Nor does the Catholic church order Fatwahs against people, regardless of what Dan Browne and his Da Vinci Code would like to have you think.

1. profile image0

islam have beads to pray with, the women wear quite similar attire, jesus is just a prophet. mosques and cathedrals are very close together. Mary is reverenced by both. Jesus' diety is attacked in both as mary gets the higher ranking in catholicism, jesus is only minor prophet in islam.

These are a few, there are more.

All major religions use beads to aid prayer and meditation.
            Catholic women wear what they like. Becoming a nun is a choice and based on the imitation of Mary's modesty and chastity.
            Mosques and Cathedrals are similar inasmuch as they are both very large to fit lots of people. Its called organised religion.
            Mary's position as great woman and holy mother does not threaten the status of the one and only  God.

1. profile image0

whatever
              have a nice day

6. profile image58
    c.karcherposted 12 years ago

I would Suggest that it was given to Muhammad by a Greater Demon who is looking to take people from Gods true Path and gain glory for himself

7. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Actually the Qu'ran is a confabullation of what Momo thought were the correct stories of the Bible. And that is evident by his misunderstandings of the stories and his mistakes in historic aspoects of the stories. And it is not hard to understand how a man growing up in a time when oral tradition was passed along, and not much writing was used, in that part of the world. Could learn to speak so brilliantly and masterfully. Being illiterate does not mean he is stupid.

And lets not forget he was a master orator, momo never wrote a word of the quran, it was all spoken, and at times he could not even remember the surahs he had given previously. It is in the sunnah themselves that he would change and re-write surahs he forgot. Allah even had to dedicate a piece of the quran to condoning momos changes, as though allah himself had changed them. As is suppored by the verse reading... Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it.}[2: 106].

many do not know the quran also has abbrogation involved and there is where it gets dangerous. Allah in effect canceled the conciliatory verse to non-believers and Jews and replaced them with the more violent verses of Jihad. A fact too many people ignore.

8. TMMason profile image61

And yes most likely demonically inspired.

And God also told Hagar that Ishmael would give birth to a great nation and 12 kings would arise from his line. I fnd that interesting, considering the 12 imam is awaited in Islam.

1. profile image0

Why are they waiting for something called imam? The 12 sons of ishmael are listed in genesis 25:13-17
        Genesis 25:12   Now these are the generations of Ishmael, Abraham's son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's handmaid, bare unto Abraham:
        Genesis 25:13   And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
        Genesis 25:14   And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa,
        Genesis 25:15   Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah:
        Genesis 25:16   These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.
        Genesis 25:17   And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people.

1. profile image0

i wouldn't mind an answer to this question

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
          Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

According to a few sources I looked at, the name is not Imam. Imam is like an Islamic pope. Mahdi is prophecized as the last imam before the year of the haj. Parallels between haj and apocalypse are evident. Parallels between Antichrist and Mahdi are evident.

1. profile image0

thanks.
            So the 12 nations from ishmael are 12 prophets that span millennium and each one is an imam.

Not real keen on those details, but that's what I would envision. The 'last imam' implies that 11 caliphs have collapsed. Or perhaps its a departure from traditional ways because there are many more recognized caliphs these days.

1. profile image0

thanks again

9. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Nobody will agree with what I'm going to say. 

Same-Old Same-old.   I'll soon be done spouting off.

The church teaches that the holy people will be taken out of this world or 42 months while the world is given unto the Beast that rose up out of the sea and the False Prophet.

I think they are right in this interpretation (not sure)
      The church also teaches that a day in prophesy is as a year for us.   I think they are just a little off in this intrepretation.  Just a little!  (about 33%)

SOooo   by their interpretation the true believers will be taken up for 1260 years while the counterfit ......
    (counterfit as in except for a miner flaw, looks kinda like, at first glanse looks JUST like, and will fool many) religion and false Prophet are left here on earth.

I think I'll leave it like this and see if anyone wants to think about it ???

the original 12 of the 12 who kept the Law, not all of us!

I am not sure of which you speak?

Isaiah in the O.T. His profacy to the Jews, that those who kept the law would be raised up, He did not promise we all would be raised up

it was the 144,000 of the original ones who agreed kept the law, thier sons and daughters and children, Gods chosen, of 12 tribes. I believe, thats what was being referd to,  not all of us who claim to be true believers will be taken up. Is what I am refering to. I am not 100%, but I think that was what was meant.

I think you are absolutely correct.  "ABSOLUTELY"

This is one of those tiny things of which I spoke a couple posts back.

Neighbor came by    back in a while

2. profile image0

Christ promised all would be raised up, even those who don't believe.
            i'd like it if you would quote the verse for that 'partial raising'.

10. Jerami profile image59

I think that we can look at any true story, and inject an untruth ever so small, if put in the proper place, and use that tiny untruth and chance the whole intent of a truthul story.

Whatcha think?

1. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly Jerami. Many look for the complete opposite of Christ in the Anti-Christ. I would say he would be more a slightly twisted version, just enough, but not to much.

2. earnestshub profile image80

24. Robbery commanded
                Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
               Robbery forbidden
                Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15
           25. Lying approved and sanctioned
                Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
               Lying forbidden
                Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8
           26. Hatred to the Edomite sanctioned
                2 Kings 14:7,3
               Hatred to the Edomite forbidden
                Deut 23:7
           27. Killing commanded
                Ex 32:27
               Killing forbidden
                Ex 20:13
           28. The blood-shedder must die
                Gen 9:5,6
               The blood-shedder must not die
                Gen 4:15
           29. The making of images forbidden
                 Ex 20:4
               The making of images commanded
                Ex 25:18,20
           30. Slavery and oppression ordained
                Gen 9:25/ Lev 25:45,46/ Joel 3:8
               Slavery and oppression forbidden
                Is 58:6/ Ex 22:21/ Ex 21:16/ Matt 23:10
           31. Improvidence enjoyed
                Matt 6:28,31,34/ Luke 6:30,35/ Luke 12:3
               Improvidence condemned
                1 Tim 5:8/ Prov 13:22
           32. Anger approved
                Eph 4:26
               Anger disapproved
                Eccl 7:9/ Prov 22:24/ James 1:20
           33. Good works to be seen of men
                Matt 5:16
               Good works not to be seen of men
                Matt 6:1
           34. Judging of others forbidden
                Matt 7:1,2
               Judging of others approved
                1 Cor 6:2-4/ 1 Cor 5:12
            35. Christ taught non-resistance
                Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52
               Christ taught and practiced physical resistance
                Luke 22:36/ John 2:15
           36. Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed
                Luke 12:4
               Christ himself avoided the Jews for fear of being killed
                John 7:1
           37. Public prayer sanctioned
                1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
               Public prayer disapproved
                Matt 6:5,6
           38. Importunity in prayer commended
                Luke 18:5,7
               Importunity in prayer condemned
                Matt 6:7,8
           39. The wearing of long hair by men sanctioned
                Judg 13:5/ Num 6:5
               The wearing of long hair by men condemned
                1 Cor 11:14
           40. Circumcision instituted
                Gen 17:10
               Circumcision condemned
                Gal 5:2
           41. The Sabbath instituted
                Ex 20:8
               The Sabbath repudiated
                Is 1:13/ Rom 14:5/ Col 2:16
           42. The Sabbath instituted because God rested on the seventh day
                Ex 20:11
               The Sabbath instituted because God brought the Israelites   
               out of Egypt
                Deut 5:15
           43. No work to be done on the Sabbath under penalty of death
                Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36
               Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath and justified his disciples in
               the same
                John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5
           44. Baptism commanded
                Matt 28:19
               Baptism not commanded
                1 Cor 1:17,14
           45. Every kind of animal allowed for food.
                Gen 9:3/ 1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14
               Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
                Deut 14:7,8
            46. Taking of oaths sanctioned
                Num 30:2/ Gen 21:23-24,31/ Gen 31:53/ Heb 6:13
               Taking of oaths forbidden
                Matt 5:34
           47. Marriage approved
                Gen 2:18/ Gen 1:28/ Matt 19:5/ Heb 13:4
               Marriage disapproved
                1 Cor 7:1/ 1 Cor 7:7,8
           48. Freedom of divorce permitted
                Deut 24:1/ Deut 21:10,11,14
               Divorce restricted
                Matt 5:32
           49. Adultery forbidden
                Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4
               Adultery allowed
                Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3
           50. Marriage or cohabitation with a sister denounced
                Deut 27:22/ Lev 20:17
               Abraham married his sister and God blessed the union
                Gen 20:11,12/ Gen 17:16
           51. A man may marry his brother's widow
                Deut 25:5
               A man may not marry his brother's widow
                Lev 20:21
           52. Hatred to kindred enjoined
                Luke 14:26
               Hatred to kindred condemned
                Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29
           53. Intoxicating beverages recommended
                Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps 104:15
               Intoxicating beverages discountenanced
                Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32
           54. It is our duty to obey our rulers, who are God's ministers   
               and punish evil doers only
                Rom 13:1-3,6
               It is not our duty to obey rulers, who sometimes punish the 
               good and receive unto themselves damnation therefor
                Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan 6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/
                 Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35
           55. Women's rights denied
                Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor 14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
               Women's rights affirmed
                Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9
           56. Obedience to masters enjoined
                Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
               Obedience due to God only
                Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10
           57. There is an unpardonable sin
                Mark 3:29
               There is not unpardonable sin
                Acts 13:39

I wasn't hiding from this post.

Just saw it.

I'll check these verses out later and let ya know what I think.    was just taking a break from working out side. 

Brake is over.

later.

1. profile image0

Don't bother checking the verses its an earnest post... all out of context, all misinterpreted.
          Its a laugh hes still got it in him
          the indoctrination of hate doctrine runs deep, me thinks.
          If ya do ... make a hub out of it!
          I bet the red face shines to the edges of the earth
          hilarious

ill stab this one however:
          37. Public prayer sanctioned
                    1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3    (OT... didnt ya notice lol)
                   Public prayer disapproved
                    Matt 6:5,6         (NT... didn't ya notice)
          so funny...
          and this one:
          27. Killing commanded
                    Ex 32:27             (the golden calf incident, God used the levites as a tool of judgment as under the law certain things were penalized by death - god is the law and God decided.)
                   Killing forbidden
                    Ex 20:13        (Ten commandments lol this is an exhort to people to not MURDER but to bring to judgment transgressors that the law may decide)
          Totally without context... my ribs are sore...
          Lets do one more:
          53. Intoxicating beverages recommended
                    Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps 104:15
                   Intoxicating beverages discountenanced
                    Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32
          screw it i think ill make a hub.... and email ya direct buddy lol
          By the way drunkeness was frowned upon and alcohol addiction not the occasional glass of wine or as some translations go... GRAPEJUICE - unfermented wine.
          Which atheist sight did ya pick this off cobbie?
          Did you actually do some research after reading this? lol
          Ya know you can't believe even half the stuff you read on atheist sights
          lol
          Thats my laugh for the day.. thanks!

I don't do hate. That is a religious speciality. smile

Everything that doesn't fit your personal beliefs are out of context. Reminds me of paara! lol

I think you mean "cobber" and I am no "cobber" of yours. Too little substance, too big an ego for me to call a "cobber". lol

1. profile image0

ive been through 8/10s of the list and i cannot believe you believe these are contradictions. Especially some  of them. Really earnest, 1 cor 7... you think paul is actually saying marriage is not permitted - i just about fell of my chair.
              I really gotta say that my heart is so saddened to realize how this post proves anything other than the fact that you should stay away from the bible.
              Yes context is completely beyond you and rationality escapes out the door also.
              I don't know what to say i wanna give you a hug and tell you God loves you not your interpretations though (although i think you just blindly copied and pasted this from some poor saps sight who doesn't know his bible either - please tell me you did)
              ego?.. i predicted you would fail and you did. You are not the strong and terrifying source you think you are. Ego goes on your foot, for now i am feeling helpless to help you.
              I wish you hadn't posted that post.
              have a nice day, if you can, if this was the sum of your knowledge about bible how can you even show up here, let alone claim to know more than the christians.

2. profile image0

You totally do hate.
              Hate is what brings you into this forum. Hate is all over your mocking one liners and cynical short commentaries and your name calling and the posts where you just post false information and then parade around like you did a good thing.
              Oh you do hate alright.

45. Every kind of animal allowed for food.
                        1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14   (NT testament)
                       Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
                        Deut 14:7,8    (OT testament)
              The NT and OT are different dispensations that God gave at diffferent times in history. The OT is defined by the books of the Law or Torah. In these books are many laws that OT people had to abide by. The NT is defined by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ in which the OT laws were ended.

Do you really think eating shellfish will ruin our walk with God today?
              Now that's a riot.

Accusing all of hate who don't believe your myth, then displaying that hate in your threads is enough evidence for me of where the hate comes from. The bible is the source of course.

The Torah is only applicable for abuse and threats against non believers in the whole myth apparently.

1. profile image0

again with the bad interpretations
                  Of course you would see hate, Hate is your program, man. All you see is hate, killing, death, murder  - that's it.
                  To show you love is just wasted energy. Scriptures that show Gods love you have no ear for. John 3:16 is probably your most hated scripture.
                  Hate hate hate that's all you have. Its so plainly evident and what is worse is you put that on others and say they hate. Perfect projectionism, psychologically speaking.
                  The bible is not my source for hate, but it is yours and even though you are wrong to apply it, you do.
                  Good luck with that

of course you never answered my question about shellfish. Can you man up to this difficult question mr ceo of some mysterious cbmc

contradiction # 57
                  Mark 3:29   But he that SHALL blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

shall blaspheme puts this into a constant tense. Its not a one time thing but continuing... people who continually rant against God cannot find forgiveness because their hearts are not in the right position to accept forgiveness and because this condition of blaspheming or ranting and raving against God continues they are in danger of judgment.

Acts 13:38   Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man (Jesus) is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
                    Acts 13:39   And by him (Jesus) all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

these people are not in a state of blaspheme they are in a state of believing and are justified from all things through Jesus - not some other god - just for clarity sake.

No contradiction just another sloppy interpretation.
                  You seem to have mistaken blaspheme and believe for the same word.
                  How did you do that?

11. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

If we assume Islam is false doctrine, handed down by Satan then it would only follow that the Catholic church is right that the Protestants were misled by Satan when they broke from Catholicism. The Catholic church is wrong(we know this, thanks to the Protestants) having been misled at the Council of Nicea (by Satan).  Jesus was a Jew, after all; so Paul was misled by Satan with his interpretation (or so some in Islam have said).

Jesus spent some time in the desert with Satan, so he's suspect too. If you remember your old testament, Satan spent some time in the company of God, so I think it's obvious God might be suspect also.

The only safe stand is atheism. They are the only ones who haven't had a relationship with Satan. They couldn't have, since they don't believe he exists.

logic?  how dare you.....lol

just kidding  smile

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Might not be logical, but it couldn't sound any crazier then all this infighting over who owns the road to God.

That is what I been sayin 

There isn't any road outa here.

It's kinda like they are going to send a cab.

aaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhh.........."we know this, thanks to the protestants"....you are truly lost lady.

1. profile image0

yah paying indulgences to get the dead out of hell
        Praying to dead saints who aren't even around
        the inquisition

Looks good on a resume lol

Thank God for protestants

keep going...when we die, we die right? No communication with the dead cos they're dead yes? And yet we go on for eternity. So what is heaven and hell all about? Do we die when we die or don't we?

1. profile image0

We die when we die, we do.
            When we die we die. No communication with the dead. Mediums and spiritualists who communicate with the dead are completely false and lairs, self deceived in their thirst for self importance or just complete shams and scams trying to make profit on others peoples earnest desires by way of their ignorance of scripture.
            Most of what people believe comes from TV.
            Heaven is where the focal point of God is: beyond the cosmos. We never get there, we inherit the earth just like as in the beginning. God is full circle. Hell... obliteration, to perish, cease to exist.

brothery, this is another point of view of yours which is news to me. Our understandings of the soul are completely different from each other, nevertheless I find yours interesting. The soul is what defines us, in my book. It is born when we are born and, as non-physical matter, it cannot die. It cannot cease to exist. I like how CS Lewis puts it: we are not a body with a soul, but rather a soul with a body. Hell is the absence of God, because God is love.
              You say that when we die, we inherit the earth. What good is the earth to the dead?

That's odd, how can either of you gain an understanding of something that doesn't exist? It's like trying to gain an understanding of leprechauns.

And, you know this how? Where did you get this information? smile

1. profile image0

i dont understand you lol

Yes, I know, despite the pun. smile

What makes you think the soul doesn't exist?

1. Cagsil profile image70
                    Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't. What makes you think it does? Are you confusing it with your consciousness and conscience? hmm

2. profile image0

Yah but we are not dead this is the beauty of a thing called resurrection.
                Souls are not immortal, the bible does not teach that any part of us is immortal.

Genesis 3:22   And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and LIVE FOREVER:
                Genesis 3:24   So he drove out the man;
                God stopped us from immortality.

But we get immortality after judgment
                Revelation 22:2   In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the TREE OF LIFE, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                  Revelation 22:14   Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have RIGHT (access) to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

2. profile image0

It was a joke lizzieboo. You guys need to stop fighting over who has the best line on god. If he exists, this whole shebang has got to be an embarassment to him. It would be to me.

sorry Emile. I'm having a bit of sense of humor failure.

1. profile image0

No problem. I'm not really that funny anyway, but I try. smile

12. TMMason profile image61

By that logic you should all love my avatar. he called alot of people out on the carpet for their associations. And HUAC should be your golden standard by that logic. So logic is probrably not the word you want there.

1. profile image0

Wow. I didn't realize that was an avatar. I thought that was an old picture of you. I was really impressed that a guy that old knew how to navigate the internet.

13. Jerami profile image59

Earnest, I haven't checked out every verse that you listed above, but of the ones that I have  ???   
       If you do not understand why they are not contradicting each other ???   Well;  I just do not have the literary talent to put it into words for you to understand.

In some of these instances a MAN was expressing his opinion and you credit God as having said it.

strong wine is said to be good for the weary of heart, and stronger drink is good for the terminally ill,

but a wise and healthy man should not waste his talents by wasting his days getting stupid drunk.

Is this a contradiction saying that strong drink is good
                                           strong drink is bad.

call it however you like, 
      Sometimes it is wrong for your dog to sh=t in your neighbors yard and sometimes it may be recomended.

If you do not see the difference, get rid of your dod.

Is it OK to steel back that which was stolen from you.
      Some times it could be  and sometimes not.

I'll check out the rest of these references that you have given. 
      I think I would do better to answer them one at a time.
    I think I'll do that, one at a time over the next few days.

1. profile image0

I know jerami. on a lot of those if only one verse either forward or backward were read the context or explanation comes fully into view. 1 cor 7 explains itself to any goat herder lol

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Jeremy you are flogging a dead myth, there is no way to hide from the contradictory words in a book filled with psychotic scripture.

I know this first hand from the many church theologians I have had this argument with in the past, arguing as a christian and a foundation member of CBMC I may add.

The same results are obtainable from the quoran too. smile

Psychosis is it's own detractor.

1. profile image0

CBMC???

catholic what?

No catholic nothing. You mean you don't know? Amazing!

You don't need non believers to question this stuff. you can't even agree amongst yourselves as to what any of it means. lol

2. earnestshub profile image80

So you hate catholics as well?

I'll add them to the list of people you can't accept as christian. smile
        You should read more... I have never been a catholic. lol

1. profile image0

still didn't answer the question.

CBMC
          Are you just flaunting some lie to make yourself seem more important than you really are?
          You don't understand why jesus died on the cross .. so you weren't born again, You say the bible contradicts itself and yet that is just sloppy interpretation on your part, others as well.

Do you drink LOTS of alcohol on a daily basis?

I don't lie
            I don't drink except a beer on a hot day occasionally.
            I don't bother with fools who have no real arguments and make snide attacks and tell misleading lies about others. smile

http://www.cbmc.com/about/history

Do some research before calling anyone else a liar!

Pathetic! lol

1. profile image0

there you go with projectionism again.

When you post a post and someone puts it in proper context and you continue to post the same post as though nothing has ever happened, but you did read the response... this is an act of lying.
              Not calling you a liar, i'm sure in some things you don't lie, but look at the situation and if the shoe fits.....

oh so you lived in chicago... don't see your name mentioned anywhere.
              So this is what it takes to get a direct answer. I'm hardly convinced you had anything to do with this organization.

see the organization i am a founding member of
              http://www.whitehouse.gov/
              Pathetic lol

You called me a liar again. Read about CBMC. It is a world wide organisation. lol

Can you not read?
                If you like to check, I was a foundation member here in Australia.

You really don't like to admit you are wrong, you would rather make up stuff.
                if you are going to make a prolonged attack on me about CBMC you should at least read who they are!
                http://wn.com/Christian_Businessmen%27s_Committee
                Pathetic! lol

1. profile image0

im looking for evidence that you are a founding member. It might be true that you attended... i know they are a world wide whatever, but thats not whats in question here.
                  Just show the evidence and stop dancing around
                  4 posts for one solution...
                  Pathetic! lol

49. Adultery forbidden
                            Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4
                  no question about the forbiddeness of adultery
                           Adultery allowed
                            Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3
                  Numbers 31:18   But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
                       Wheres the adultery in this?  Adultery is married woman and divorced women.... there are none such in this verse or the surrounding verses.

Hosea 1:2   The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.

He married a prostitute. So where is the adultery in this. Marriage is okay with God. Do you think this is wrong because she was a whore? How unforgiving. Still no adultery.

and forget hosea 2:1-3 thats not even close either.
                  Another supposed contradiction that is not a contradiction at all.
                  So far you are zero for 32.

So you are caught out in a lie, that is simple enough, so now you want proof that I was a foundation member as well?

Are you willing to agree that CBMC exist yet?

Who is telling lies here and doesn't have big enough goolies to just admit it I wonder?
                    I said I was a foundation member.

Grow up!

2. profile image0

What i hate is people who wrongly tell me what i hate.
          I don't hate catholics - i dislike the catholic system.
          This should be fundamentally obvious - even to your poor interpretation ability. Lets run through the basics again shall we.
          What did jesus say
          Love your neighbor
          What does this mean about sinners?
          Love the sinner
          What did jesus say about sin?
          Go and sin no more
          What does this say about sin?
          dislike the sin
          So what do we get?
          Love the sinner, dislike the sin.
          Remember now?
          or didn't they teach this in the cbmc

15. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

It remains absolutely astounding to me that such "devoutly" religious people can justify hatred and perpetuate it so freely. From what I see, so many of the "devout" must suffer horribly from conflicted consciences, and perhaps, therefore, lash out at each other over the most ridiculous pettinesses.

I think you are all victims of your twisted thinking. Victims, obviously, are very violent people.

I hope you can examine yourselves at some point and figure out you don't have to be so self conflicted and therefore, don't have to lash out at others because of your overwhelming self doubt.

1. profile image0

I hope you realize that we have no overwhelming self doubt and that your opinion of what we should do is just that - your opinion.
      Do you know which are the christians and which are not? Mostly what happens in here is a christian says something and then a atheist says something really stupid, in which the error of the atheist thought pattern is easy to refute but then the atheist says something that is way more stupid.
      Thanks for dropping by

1. profile image0

I realize it is pointless to comment, but his statement was dead on. I find it interesting that you immediately attack the atheists. It had nothing to do with the argument between atheists and christians; and everything to do with the fact that the christians, at times, appear as if a group of cockroaches under glass, the imagined food source long since gone and the survival of the 'faithful' is tied to the ability to cannibalize one another. 

Do you not see how much you all stab at each other?  A few excerpts;

‘I know more than the average wanna-be evangelical Christian knows about their own protestant faith….

Protestantism is just like Islam. It's about worshiping a man-made book.

the Catholic Chuch is and has been a disgrace to Christianity, and I see very bad things in store for the Popes

I am smarter than the average Christian

Yes, everything after the reformation was political because protestantism killed religion. It trampled on the faith.

When Muhammad was given the Koran, it was given to him by Satan

Considering the true Sabbath is friday night to Saturday night... they (the catholics) are oblivious to the fact that they might as well piss on sunday.

catholicism is not christianity. Fact

And that's just the christians insulting each other in a couple of local threads.  At least atheists can claim a desire for a greater good. I'm still trying to figure out what, other than ego, drives the bickering christians.

1. profile image0

You should either spend more or less time in here.
          Once you discover what christianity actually is, you will know that catholicism is not of that.
          I don't know what the problem is.. its fine for people to hash out discrepancies, wrong interpretations, ideologies. Christians are not offended by discussing scripture with other Christians, most of us delight in it. The forum is actually for just that sort of thing.
          What you see "cockroaches under glass, the imagined food source long since gone and the survival of the 'faithful' is tied to the ability to cannibalize one another" is not viewed that way to us.
          jerami put out his say and here's what one non christian replied with:
          "Jeremy you are flogging a dead myth, there is no way to hide from the contradictory words in a book filled with psychotic scripture".
          Did you perceive this as two christians bickering? because this is not the case.

1. profile image0

As I stated, it was pointless to comment. If you noticed, I didn't include the post you referenced, probably because it was obviously a discussion between a believer and a non believer.

If you think that when you attack a fellow christian in the manner that I referenced; it is little more than politely discussing differences of agreement in interpretation of scripture, then you are correct. I have no understanding of the concept of christianity, if you are a fair representation of christianity.

Emile, I appreciate your concern that us Christians are at each others throats, but seeing as you have read the threads you must surely see that it is not people of the same faiths that are arguing here. The same reference book, ie; the Bible, is being represented by different religions. brotheryorchanan here, doesn't believe that Catholics are Christian. By his reasoning we must also assume he doesn't think that Anglicans, Methodists or Orthodox are Christian either. We are not two people from the same group bickering about where saints fit into our lives, for example. One has no belief in saints at all.  There are profound and elaborate differences here, which can be demystified by an argument, but we're not about to kill each other over it.

1. profile image0

Not people of the same faith. Interesting. I learn something new about christianity every day.

1. profile image0

yer welcome smile
                  There is a lot to learn
                  Its easier to accept that jehovahs witness are not saved, Christian scientology are not saved, mormons are not saved. These and others consider Christ to be less, much less in some cases, than what he is.
                  Romans 10:9   That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
                  Salvation is through Jesus Christ.
                  Catholicism has demoted Christ and given mary preeminence.

1. profile image0

That was sarcasm on my part.

2. profile image0
                    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You might consider learning about the actual teachings of the Catholic Church before you make grand pronouncements about what it has done. 

Mary has not been given preeminence over Christ anywhere in Catholic history.  If you have any questions about the actual teachings of the Church, I would be happy to enlighten you.  Although, I don't consider myself the ultimate authority on Catholicism the way you apparently consider yourself the ultimate authority on Christianity.

You, like many of my Protestant brothers and sisters in Christ seem to be misled on many aspects of Catholicism.

Please, for the sake of not alienating others who may not understand the Church's teaching, do not put forth as if you know what they are when you are very mistaken about them.

Peace. smile

16. DoubleScorpion profile image76
    DoubleScorpionposted 12 years ago

I have often wondered about the 144,000. Since God claimed the Levites and God had the earth open up and destroy the tribe Reuben (Dathan and Abiram), one would be lead to think that all of those of the Levite line would be Gods already and not counted and since the tribe of Reuben was supposed to be wiped out how did they get counted? Just a thought.

1. profile image0

Dont understand what you are saying. The 144,000 have no connection with the sons of korah in numbers 16

17. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

Their fairy tale is wrong, our fairy tale is right, yada yada yada.

What makes you so sure that your nonsensical nonsense is as real as some one elses nonesensical nonsesnse which yu can obviously see is false?

1. profile image0

So you are saying there is absolutely no way to tell the false from the real?

1. profile image0

i guess your not saying that are you.

18. www.lookseenow profile image61
    www.lookseenowposted 12 years ago

From earliest time a rebel managed to bring a lie into the world.  Jesus affirmed the account in Genesis when he rebuked his enemies:

“You are from your father the devil, that one was a manslayer when he began, because he did not stand fast in the truth.  When he speaks the lie he is speaking according to his disposition, because he is a liar, and he father of the lie.” 

What was the first lie?  When Satan challenged God saying: “You positively will not die!” That lie made him a manslayer, or murderer, because of that lie that Adam believed we are all dying.  Through one man death entered into the world, and death through sin.”  (Romans 5:12)

1. profile image0

not sure what version your quote is from but here's the kjv
      Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Ye will do - The word "will," here, is not an auxiliary verb. It does not simply express futurity, or that such a thing will take place, but it implies an act of volition's. This you will or choose to do. The same mode of speech occurs in John 5:40. In what respects they showed that they were the children of the devil he proceeds to state:
      1. in their murderous disposition;
      2. in rejecting the truth;
      3. in being favorable to falsehood and error.

who was the worlds first murderer? Cain of course. murdered abel then lied to God about it. I keep telling people this: devil has a small d on it not a capital. This is not a proper noun and not a proper name. The word used is diabolos. The root is a primary preposition, dia, denoting the channel of an act. devil is/was a metaphor for bad or evil things being done through an act of some sort, not a personified super angel at all.

To infer satan into the garden scenario has no creedence.

another point your just a tad off.. adam didn't believe the lie. Eve did, she gave to her husband and he ate. Adam had no discussion with the snakey. And another point... through one MAN sin entered the world - again no mention of satan.

19. earnestshub profile image80

Judge away! Your own peers won't even have a bar of your constant personal attacks and inuendo.

Sicking your fairy on me for blasphemy is hilarious! lol

Bet you wish you could shut me up yourself eh? lol

20. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

I'm here to argue again.  You're all wrong. 

Thank you.

wink

Very well said! Thank you. lol

1. profile image0

A pleasure, earnest.  smile  Hope you're well.

I'm well thank you and hope you are as well. I can't sleep though! smile

1. profile image0

I had that same problem last night...was up till 3 this morning and back up at 7.  Ugh.  I feel your pain. smile

It is a bit annoying!
              I don't take sleeping pills, and drink too much tea and coffee too late in the day sometimes.

Just a wild undisciplined brat at heart! lol
              3.33 am here. smile

1. profile image0

Coffee is part of my problem as well.  The act of drinking coffee is comforting and relaxing for me, but then the caffeine gives me trouble later, of course. roll 

There have been times, though, when I'm at my most productive overnight.  Of course, last night wasn't one of those times. smile  It's midday for us - 12:46pm on Saturday, 7/2.

Wish I was there! I love your city, but both times I was there I did not have enough time to see enough of it.

I met a few locals though. Real nice. smile
                  Nice city Chicago, I loved the time I spent there looking at automotive museums.
                  No false doctrine from any of them. (in deference to the thread title.)

1. profile image0

Plenty of false doctrine all over the city, unfortunately...lol

But, yes, it's a wonderful city.  I wanted to live here from the first time I visited.  If you make it back, let me know you're coming.  We'll have coffee together.  And, we won't discuss one whit of religion. smile

21. djoutsider711 profile image60
    djoutsider711posted 12 years ago

Face, meet Palm... Palm, meet face...

Sorry, this entire post seems to have been made in jest. What this person has originally said is "false doctrine". Even I know that with minimal virtually nonexistent, knowledge of the Islam faith system of the Quran.

22. earnestshub profile image80

I don't think much of the words either! lol

23. earnestshub profile image80

More mumbo jumbo and side stepping while still calling me a liar about something unrelated and making a personal attack which you got the wrong side of as always.

I don't have to remember what I said last time as I don't lie. smile

You are a right piece of work you are! lol

As I said, I was a foundation member of CBMC.

1. profile image0

a rant is all i get..
      well done!
      no wonder you cannot sleep

jesus is lord
      have a nice day
      founding member of nothing

Have you ever made a comment here that is not a personal attack?

Are you going to keep insisting on me being a liar after a proved that the cbmc

1. Is an actual religious organisation.
        2. Is in Australia.
        3. Is established in my city, where I am very well known.

If I lied about being a foundation member there would be dozens of people who know me scrambling to set the record straight of course.

If I get Clifford Wilson, (another foundation member and the Director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology at the same time) to call you and tell you directly you would still call me a liar. He is still a religious zealot, but he would have to acknowledge the fact, as my name is on the charter. lol

I still have the photos somewhere, should I post them? Of course you are so hung up on this CBMC "issue", and have so much hate vested in it that you would claim it was photo-shopped. Then if I got a lab to prove they were not, you would claim the lab was a front for scientists wanting to dis-prove religion.

You need help.

So far in your attempts to ridicule me and others you have made so many mistakes, told so many lies, that I am losing count of them.

Perhaps someone else would like to do a quick search and turn up a dozen or so of them to make the point.

You have succeeded in making yourself the most unpopular poster I have seen since paara who I see has returned to fill us all with the luv of the other "good book," and will no doubt fill the pages with more religious crud.

1. profile image0

ill send them your picture and see if he remembers you.

don't ever tell me i am not open to evidence, because i am.

please to show me my mistakes because i have certainly shown you yours.

1. profile image0

email sent with a snappy nice picture of you i snapshot off your hub profile page and i mentioned Clifford Wilson also.

and hey! don't be gettin all mad at me. I asked you to back your claim up and you refused. Then you stretch it out into 7 posts and then inferred a claim that i won't listen to your evidence. We tangle so very often, whenever i ask you to account for yourself you don't. You purport the same adequately refuted jargon over and over and said at one time, "you (not I) don't care". Sorry for not believing you but i have no REASON TO BELIEVE YOU.
            If you prove to be a founding member, i will say i am sorry for doubting you ON THIS ONE ISSUE. But the slew of attacks is hardly rational behavior. You ask for evidence and fully expect to receive it.

Now you have to prove where "you (me) have made so many mistakes, told so many lies, that I am losing count of them". Stop digging a deeper pit for yourself and just accept the fact that not everybody thinks you are golden, especially me.

Great! Ask him if he remembers bringing the dead sea scrolls with him, and if he wants to be remembered to Allen Wells. smile

1. profile image0

Not a dead sea scrolls fan
                no idea who allen wells is
                so no.
                I just want him to respond to the email and i will post the details.

24. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Muhammad and Quran are both tuthful.

25. Michael Jon profile image61
    Michael Jonposted 12 years ago

Here's one for you all, have you heard about a new religion on the rise? It's true, look it up. It is called "Christlam".

Someone came up with the idea of combining Christian with Islam. My guess is that this has something to do with the "New World Order" where there'll be a one world government and a one world religion. It is my opion that the two religions will never be able to come together as one, because one denies the death and resurrection of Jesus and the other is based on it.

However, I have seen a picture of Pope Jon Paul II kissing the Koran and I suppose that after the rapture of the church (when all true christians will be taken out of this world to be with Christ and enjoy the marriage supper of the Lamb), this new religion just might fly.

26. earnestshub profile image80

You do that brothery.

Then crawl back here and apologise for your stupid prolonged worthless attack. smile
    You should be ashamed of yourself, but I notice you haven't seen that you have left a trail of petty abuse across these threads. smile
    Seek help, your life on this thread is a reflection of petty misery!

1. profile image0

I've done it. I will dig up proof for you. No need to thank me.

but you now need to prove the lies i have told AND the mistakes.

I doubt I need to do that, they are here on this thread for all to see.

1. profile image0

oh but you do need to do precisely that.

2. profile image0

i've just gone back over the cbmc posts and i am sorry to inform you that i will not crawl back here and apologize. You are the one who prolonged it.. i just asked for backup, evidence and you refused. It is not an offense to ask someone to back up a claim that they make.
      Ashamed of myself ... for asking you to back up your claim or for giving back to you what you give to others or uncontradicting all the false contradictions you post... again you misinterpret small paragraphs.
      speaking of petty.. mr all i can see is hate and violence, well the torment of being between two worlds is evidently tearing you apart and i wouldn't want to be in that situation.
      My life is fantastic thanks! it was petty before, as is yours now because all life without Christ is vanity and worthless, petty and mundane. You can say you are the happiest person in the world, but why are you here with your crafty one liners. Why can you not divorce yourself from your former ways completely? Because you live between worlds, one with christ and the other without.
      I wish you well with that and hope you find some final resolve in the near future, as do all the other christians here to.

36. Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed
                Luke 12:4
               Christ himself avoided the Jews for fear of being killed
                John 7:1
      Notice this is chapter 7, there are 28 chapters in the book of john.. christ could not let himself be killed 1/4 way through his mission or before the cross.  How could you miss or forget that?
      AND
      John 7:1   After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him
         Fear is not mentioned in this verse. You couldn't even quote the verse correctly.
      This is why i say, biblically, the blunt end of a joke
      contradiction #36 down in flames.

1. profile image0

sorry typo.... 21 chapters in the book of john... so Jesus would be 1/3 the way through his ministry, not 1/4.
        apologies

You have a lot more to apologise for than that.

You owe most of the posters here an apology as well as me. smile

1. profile image0

can you back that up?
            or do we just go on your golden laurels?

and while your at it.. got a comment about the contradiction YOU posted that I just blew out of the water or are you just going to ignore i thrashed it and you with your silly post about contradictions inthe bible that clearly (read above) do not exist.

Seen all the convolutions before Brothery, one would have to live in a vacuum not to have. I've seen church leaders and theologians swallow an elephant and choke on a gnat before.
              All nonsense of course. smile

1. profile image0

can't man up eh. Well cobbie after all this time that is exactly what i expect from you.

Still on the cobbie I see. The covert hostility can be seen from over the horizon! lol
                  Still smarting over having your clock cleaned for the zillionth time?

Stick around, there are dozens of others you have insulted to call you to order yet. lol

1. profile image0

exactly what i expected from you.
                    Wheres my clock been cleaned? prove it. This allegation has as much substance as your contradiction posts and your cheesy one liners.
                    how UNfounded are your words and something else i think also.
                    as far as i am concerned, you must enjoy the taste of your own foot.

I still wonder about the cmbc, if you were a founding member, why do they not respond? I have come to several conclusions, but i like this one the best: You have stated so many times that prayer never gets answered. I know of this major reason why prayer doesn't get answered and brother james said it so brilliantly;
                    James 4:3   Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts (fleshly desires).
                    Now taking into account your veracity of hate posts and general nasty speech to other christians and the lack of support you have yet to offer to any of your claims, plus, it is obvious you do not understand the simple basics of christianity. I have come to the conclusion, being as the church you said you subscribed to was a business oriented church, that, you were in high probability a wolf attempting to wear sheeps clothing. That is to say that you thought these simple minded relatives of goat herders easy prey to further your career.
                    Sleep well

3. profile image0

Still no answer.
      i guess they don't care about you. Such a christian organisation. I'm glad you left, lol.
      I'll send them another.

1. profile image0

Still no answer.
        I'm gonna flood them now.
        You must have made quite the impression lol

27. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

doctrine can be false or true depending on one's faith and so it is useless to debate on it.. for Christians Muhammad's version is false doctrine , for Jews Jesus was false messiah and so on...so it is mere belief and one must keep one's belief to oneself rather than being judgmental on others...

28. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Islam is a false doctrine in as much as Judaism and Christianity are false doctrines. I think the truth is closer to 'distortion' than falsehood. Deliberately distorted? Perhaps. Confined by the ignorance of primitivity? Very likely. Either way the result is division among humanity and that is not in tune w/ evolution.

1. profile image0

That's a rare opinion smile
      got some evidence?
      I know.. what's your favorite bible contradiction

Favorite? Tough one. I guess it would be The Flood.

"And then God vows never to annhilate the entire human race, like he had just done, ever again."
        - The Sarcastic Genesis

1. profile image0

the flood
          Genesis 9:15 God vows not to use a flood to destroy the earth. He did not say anything about fire, wind, comet, earthquake or even supernova.
          I think because all that water had to go somewhere. Now funny thing about our continents, they fit together, tectonic plates as well, but on a smaller planet, Which is called Pangaea. In order to disperse the flood waters i think there was an enlargement of our planet and the continents were moved. There are documents about a great flood from other parts of the world far around that part of the world. I believe our planet is now  at its maximum size.
          Earth is not a term that means only the whole world. We have earth -  the planet, and earth - soil. Terms like the known world - meaning much smaller an area than the actual world. So do i think the flood went around the whole world ... no i don't.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evolution is not in tune with itself.

Might be this...might be that..wink

29. earnestshub profile image80

"Do you know what the Word, Islam ... means ... It means and stands for ... Peace ... in the world ... and the Hereafter."

.. and kills those who don't believe it is peaceful. smile

1. profile image0

how ironic
      how are they gonna get any peace in heaven with all those women as soon as one gets jealous they'll be gettin no piece.
      doubly ironic

30. Jonathan Janco profile image61

On the contrary, I think our planet is still in its early stages of evolution. How much of that evolution is meant to include us I dare not say, but I think Earth will grow far beyond its current size.

As for the flood, I don't think it encompassed the whole world either,but the OT rendition implies it encompassed their known world, i.e. Mesopotamia, Asia Minor, Egypt.

1. profile image0

Interesting you say our earth will grow far beyond its current size. Rainfall erodes mountains, that is to imply, if our earth were billions of years old, how do we account for all these mountains? just a thought.
      How do you figure the earth will grow. Scientists say that if our earth were one mile bigger it would burn and one mile smaller it would freeze. That doesn't mean i climb up a mile high ladder and spontaneously combust, but that the seasons and climate would be affected to the point of our extinction.
      not lookin for an argument, just sayin.
      Thanks for the reply

I wasn't implying it would happen soon. A few eons maybe, probably long after we're gone from here. Gas giants like Jupiter probably didn't just appear in their current form just like that but mustve taken quite some time. The earth evolving far beyond its current size is an idea I enjoy entertaining. And my gut says it will eventually happen with or without us.

31. Jonathan Janco profile image61

So, I guess Jesus should have stuck with being a carpenter?
    No NT, no Roman Church, no inquisition, no Salem witch trials and no Tea Party.
    Fine.

Not a bad outcome at all. Takes care of most of the hate specialists in the USA.

Hey earnest

Had a good night sleep. Had one of those regular sleep dreams.
        No stroke either and no temporary blindness yet.
        Still havent made a doctor app yet though

Nice to know you're feeling good. I would not be too concerned, it may be the way you are built! There is so much difference between individuals that it takes years just to establish a base line in post Jungian dream therapy.

Your mind may simply have a good link to some of the massive list of goodies hidden away in the subconscious. There is a good documentary running on TV about people with very special abilities that can be quite extreme, so a lot would need to be known about your Psych to be able to form a conclusion as to source if this is the case, and it probably is a non problem and just needs to be enjoyed. smile

Ruling out medical sources would seem prudent though, and your GP may already have some understanding of savants and other such phenomena.

32. Jerami profile image59

Yes everyone agrees ...    Doctrine is false,   after ..IS
    ..  after.   
      lets start here and agree.

33. Jerami profile image59

I'll be touching base from time to time to ask simple questions   .....    looking for simple answers.

Good night yawl.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)