jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

what religion are you and why?

1. SuccessfromHome profile image72
    SuccessfromHomeposted 6 years ago

I've been doing research and it seems the more research I do, the more questions I have.....

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did the religion bit. I did the belief in god bit.

Then realized, I didn't have a need for either one, because neither one is actually a requirement for living. wink

2. Julie2 profile image61
      Julie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was born INTO the Catholic religion. FORCED to attend mass, join the choir, join the youth group, Legion of Mary and teach Catechism. Got fed up after I was ridiculed by my congregation, priest and fellow Catechists. Said to heck with you and was done...

Now I light my incense and candles at home and just am living my life for once. Of course I still get people that want to pray for me and force their religion down my throat and I kindly say thanks but no thanks and I keep it moving.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

I am a Pagan. But that is not necessarily a religion, but more something akin to whatever spirituality is.

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I don't do religion. smile

1. Lea Gonzales profile image61
      Lea Gonzalesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And why almost people they have one religionnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But some folks (like earnest) do not believe in God at all (or any gods for that matter).

smile

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

None because I have yet to see a good reason to reject the null hypothesis.

5. Mikio profile image93
    Mikioposted 6 years ago

I believe in the literal truth of the Bible. (Don't ask me why.)
    I believe that Jesus is my personal Lord and Savior. (I have no idea what this means, but I believe.)
    I believe that all non Christians are going to hell when they die. (What a nice guy I am!)
    My religion?  Bigotry and hatred of those who are not like me!
    Now, seriously.  My religion is to practice: compassion, fairness, and moderation.  I am who I am because of what the universe does for me.  This is my religion.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Way to start the crap, Mikio!  I was wondering how long this thread would remain civil.  Apparently, it was for seven posts.  That might be some kind of record in Religion and Philosophy!

lol

6. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 6 years ago

I have been an Anglican, a Jehovah's Witness, a Quaker and now a Spiritualist.  I no longer believe in a personal god or any theology, yet I do find myself praying to God in spite of myself.  I tend to find myself siding with anyone, whether atheist or religious believer if they are having a hard time of it.  I cannot however support any kind of bigoted beliefs, whether based on religion or politics.  And despite being a Spiritualist, I do not believe in life after death.  However, I do feel the need for some kind of spiritual input in my life, even if I have great trouble believing in what I am being told to believe.  So, I would describe myself as a practising contradiction.

working