jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

what religion are you and why?

1. SuccessfromHome profile image64
    SuccessfromHomeposted 5 years ago

I've been doing research and it seems the more research I do, the more questions I have.....

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did the religion bit. I did the belief in god bit.

Then realized, I didn't have a need for either one, because neither one is actually a requirement for living. wink

2. Julie2 profile image78
      Julie2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was born INTO the Catholic religion. FORCED to attend mass, join the choir, join the youth group, Legion of Mary and teach Catechism. Got fed up after I was ridiculed by my congregation, priest and fellow Catechists. Said to heck with you and was done...

Now I light my incense and candles at home and just am living my life for once. Of course I still get people that want to pray for me and force their religion down my throat and I kindly say thanks but no thanks and I keep it moving.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

I am a Pagan. But that is not necessarily a religion, but more something akin to whatever spirituality is.

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

I don't do religion. smile

1. Lea Gonzales profile image60
      Lea Gonzalesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And why almost people they have one religionnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......

1. 0
        Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But some folks (like earnest) do not believe in God at all (or any gods for that matter).

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

None because I have yet to see a good reason to reject the null hypothesis.

5. Mikio profile image91
    Mikioposted 5 years ago

I believe in the literal truth of the Bible. (Don't ask me why.)
    I believe that Jesus is my personal Lord and Savior. (I have no idea what this means, but I believe.)
    I believe that all non Christians are going to hell when they die. (What a nice guy I am!)
    My religion?  Bigotry and hatred of those who are not like me!
    Now, seriously.  My religion is to practice: compassion, fairness, and moderation.  I am who I am because of what the universe does for me.  This is my religion.

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Way to start the crap, Mikio!  I was wondering how long this thread would remain civil.  Apparently, it was for seven posts.  That might be some kind of record in Religion and Philosophy!

6. 0
    Muldanianmanposted 5 years ago

I have been an Anglican, a Jehovah's Witness, a Quaker and now a Spiritualist.  I no longer believe in a personal god or any theology, yet I do find myself praying to God in spite of myself.  I tend to find myself siding with anyone, whether atheist or religious believer if they are having a hard time of it.  I cannot however support any kind of bigoted beliefs, whether based on religion or politics.  And despite being a Spiritualist, I do not believe in life after death.  However, I do feel the need for some kind of spiritual input in my life, even if I have great trouble believing in what I am being told to believe.  So, I would describe myself as a practising contradiction.