If their is a God in heaven and Jesus died to save me...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (39 posts)
  1. heavenbound5511 profile image64
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

Okay some of you don't believe in God & Jesus. I do believe and know for sure there's one God and Jesus died for everyone.

I am taking prayer requests from believers and non-believers.
    I am looking for personal prayer requests,
    Such as if there is a God in heaven have him reveal the truth of Jesus to me.
    Or you want to understand God more-more wisdom from God.
    You're sick with such and such and want healed.
    Whatever you want me to pray for I will.
    Prayer changes things and I will pray for you if you allow me.
    I already know some of you will not take me seriously. Even if you don't I will pray for everyone that makes a comment also.
    God is awesome! Jesus saves, heals and delivers!

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok. Pray that your Almighty himself will make a peaceful appearance here on earth, seen by all simultaneously, and clear this problem up, once and for all; leaving no question in anyone's mind as to what the devil is going on with all the religions. That should get the ball rolling.

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well then if I see a righteous man I will let him know OK?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
        Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It shall come to pass that you will.But you shall see more than that.You shall see the SPIRITS that the words will be coming from.

3. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please ask your god to stop providing so much to some Christians and nothing for others. The dead bodies of starving children are piled really, really high and he just keeps saying "NO!" to their requests for a morsel of food.

Thanks, will be waiting patiently for his response on your prayer.

smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have not because you ask not.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Starving children ask and they have not.

Your god said, "NO! Let them starve to death, let their dead bodies be piled high and let the stench of their deaths be ignored as I answer your prayers and provide everything for you, instead."

smile

4. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please pray that I may be able to become invisible.
      Thank you, and Amen.

1. profile image0

Let me get this straight. You're offered a miracle and you choose invisibility for yourself?  Whatever happened to the altruism all the atheists talk about?

1. earnestshub profile image80

I think Getitrite has not taken it seriously Emile, I know I don't.

2,000 years without a single prayer being answered does tend to put an end to it being taken seriously by anyone who can add up and think logically. smile

1. profile image0

I know, it just struck me as funny when I read that. I'm in a punchy mood this evening. I should probably get off the internet before I get myself in trouble.

Nah! Go for it and unload a little! lol

1. profile image0

I guess I should remember to use those faces when I post, so people will understand when I'm laughing about something. I guess there is a lot of confusion here. I've talked to people and realized, halfway into a crazy conversation, that what I thought was a joke was deadly serious on their end. smile

It has happened to me as well. There are a few with loose screws on these forums. smile

2. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I really sets your head spinning when that happens doesn't it?  Did you miss something vital, or does someone really have a loose screw as Earnest says?  You never know sometimes! big_smile

1. profile image0

Yes. It's been an eye opener. A couple of times I haven't been able to make heads or tails of the other end of the conversation.  It rambles in and out. I think I've read more scripture posted here in the last few weeks than I've ever been exposed to in my life. I think about posting rambling, disjointed passages from my favorite books in response sometimes. Just to see their response.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 12 years ago

Sorry heavenbound, but are you new? No, 14 months, so  you know how these kinds of threads go over like a fart in church, right? Some may answer you but mostly the ones who want to ridicule what you have to say will respond. Good luck, maybe you should pray for the unbelievers here at HP.

heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sandy!
      I know what I am up against on here. It is worth it. Someone will be affected by my prayers and testimonies. God is good and prayer works. Who knows what God's timing is but this will sow a seed for there future.By them just posting on my prayer forum get's my attention to pray for them personally even if they don't ask for personal prayer. I'll also pray for what they ask. If you want me to pray for anything I will. God loves it when we seek him for help and believe that what Jesus accomplished on the cross is more than enough.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting on the forum I posted. I believe against all odds and darkness that I can by the spirit and power of God overcome and shine the light of Jesus Christ into this dark world and people will be saved/delivered.
      God bless you!

Then why don't you grab one of those religious signs like the ones we see on our streets and go flog your religion there?

Make sure you use a loud hailer. That way no one can interrupt your rantings.

Than I wouldn't get to talk to you guys! smile

If you want prayer on something particular just let me know-even though you don't believe anymore. God is still waiting on you to come to Him- He'll lead you into truth and it will witness to your whole being.
          Thanks for commenting!
          God bless you MR smile

The biblical god could walk under the carpet with a high hat on and remain unseen.

This tiny little neurotic god of the bible has nothing to offer anyone.

It is a poorly conceived farce.

"If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through."   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Psychosis anyone?

2. profile image0

So, asking for a peaceful resolution to the conflict caused by religion and asking that the hungry be fed is ridicule? I would have thought those requests were included in the prayers of every christian. I guess you do learn something new every day.

1. profile image0

It is the prayer of all Christians.  It is also a work that Christians do. 

Did you know that in the US all charities were started by Christian organizations?  This makes all other no chirstian charities copycats. 

It seems Satan loves to copy God, but does such a poor job of it.

Heavenbound, keep living your testimony as you are led to.  Don't let the naysayers get you down.

1. profile image0

If all charities were started by christians, that would mean christians started the copy cat charities? Are some christians satan? How do we know who is who?

1. profile image0

By their fruit you will know them.

1. profile image0

So, just the food banks are Satan. Good to know. Thanks.

2. heavenbound5511 profile image64

God is the one that places the desire  in peoples heart to give-non-beleivers & believers alike.
            When we are hurt by people suffering- it is non-believers and believers that feel pain from witnessing because God hurts also when his creation no longer will reach out and take His hand.
            God wants us to intercede and pray in Jesus name for all problems sin has caused. We live in a world of sin and it causes the bad effects we see in this world and Jesus died and resurrected from the dead to free us from this curse of sin that harms us.

We know them by their fruits (actions), we know them by their love(charity), anyone who does not love, doesn't know God- For God is love.

2. heavenbound5511 profile image64

Emile-
        Yes we need to and should be already praying for people to have peace. We pray for the hungry to be feed and we should already be doing something about feeding those that are hungry. Thank God there are quite a few organizations & Churches that contribute to feeding the hungry-But for sure more people need to have softer hearts and give from what God has given them-and what he has given them/us the strength to earn to help those in need. We do not have a lack of resources right now but a lack of enough people worldwide to give and do there part. God can change a person's heart and give them the desire to help people.
        God bless you Emile!smile

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you are praying for people to have peace and food it's not working.  Perhaps you should pray for a "snow" of manna over the world.

3. mrpopo profile image73
    mrpopoposted 12 years ago

"Whatever you want me to pray for I will."

That's easy then, just pray to God to grant us whatever we want. No specifics needed because God should know whatever it is we want.

I really want to see everyone winning the lottery.

Hmm. I ask for specific for details. smile

Here's a recap for you-->>>> I am looking for personal prayer requests,
      Such as if there is a God in heaven have him reveal the truth of Jesus to me.
      Or you want to understand God more-more wisdom from God.
      You're sick with such and such and want healed.
      Whatever you want me to pray for I will.

God bless you Mr PoPo! smilesmile

1. mrpopo profile image73
        mrpopoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I know you asked for the specifics. I'm saying you don't need them, since God should know these specifics anyway smile

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

After two thousand years and not one single prayer answered I would have thought it was time to give the game away.

Not one solitary prayer answered.... ever.

And what prayers of your weren't answered?
      I you don't mind, I'd like to know.
      Thanks smile

I don't pray, why would I? Prayers not being answered despite their being millions of prayers doesn't worry you at all, despite the fact that it proves that jesus lied. Why am I not surprised? smile

I help where I can directly and can see the fruits of my work almost immediately.

As ALWAYS, you have not addressed the issue.

Please leave me out of your worthless prayers and useless blessings from the invisible impossible myth.

5. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

my prayers are often answered

I have been hearing that for 30 years, but not one has ever been proven. We have had a spate of "miracles" here in Australia.

The latest was a family of religious nutters who poured vegetable oil inside a wall to make it look like a miracle.

Jesus is supposed to have said in the bible (in truth he never wrote a single word himself) That if you pray it will be answered. No ifs or buts.

That would make him a liar, or at least those who said what he said were liars.

Millions if not billions of prayers daily for thousands of years and more than half the worlds children are starving.

What the hell have they been praying for? God to find their car keys? smile

6. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

Instead of praying for all of the world's ills to be solved, maybe it would be a better idea if we, as human beings actually did something about them ourselves. If prayer really worked, there would be no war, no starving people, no disease, no abuse etc.  It should now be obvious that no matter how many people in the world pray, there just aren't any answers.  Only by taking personal responsibility for the problems we have created can we do anything to put them right.  Not that this will happen of course, we are selfish creatures and aren't much interested in helping our fellow man.  So, we ask God to do it for us instead.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)