What would happen if, the World abandoned the Bible?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 12 years ago

It’s was a Evan thought, at first, blame Evan or maybe blame Satan or me, what do care. still I have faith in almighty Evan.

It's fun to imagine all kinds’ things of what ifs.

What do you think would happen if the world abandoned the Bible?

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The world hasn't accepted the bible.

Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For most part yes, Christians are still the largest group.

1. qwark profile image59
          qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Castle:

Yes. About 2.1 billion.
          2.1 billion isn't 1/3 of humanity.
          Gosh! That means that about 4.5 billion people don't know the god thing of this "bible!" Wow being a capitalist, that's a helluva market for the bible business.
          Maybe we shouldn't get rid of bibles eh? What we need is more good salesmen! Lets make a buck and put some folks to work.
          I think if ya just told a potential buyer it was a fairy tale that about 2.1 billion people like to read...they might buy it and we'd become billionaires...eh? watcha think? any takers? lol
          Qwark

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Qwark, I think you stats are off a little bit. lol

There are 4.1 Billion who believe in a god and/or practice religion(mysticism) of some sort.

Christianity happens to be the largest portion at 2.1 billion.

Don't forget the Muslim/Islamic. lol

1. qwark profile image59

CAgs: ya gotta keep up.
              The title of this thread is: "
              What would happen if, the World abandoned the Bible?"
              I'm talking about making money selling the bible fairytale.
              Islam? We're not gonna sell the qur'an...jeez!
              Now lets get busy and advertize for some great salespeople...we're gonna be billionaires...muahhhahahahah! lol
              Qwark

I realize the thread is about the bible. However, the Muslim/Islamic religion does have something with regards to the bible(Jesus).

So, if you discard the bible, then the Quran is just as much as useless, so it should also be discarded. lol

tongue

1. qwark profile image59

No problem ...let it be so!   we're gonna sell bibles...and join exxon in quarterly profits...

WE may do the qur'an next...!

Concentrate!    lol

Qwark

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Not a bad idea Cagsil might have to rewrite a new thread

If Evan is God, he could hire me as ruler of the World until the next election. The first thing is to outlaw the Bible and the Quran, in which is most of the world’s population.

Imagine what would happen  - First draft

1. There would be mass suicides of hard core Religious folk, maybe cut themselve loose into space, not knowing what end is heaven or hell.

2. Billions of spiritual addicts jumping on the Buddha and Hindu band wagon,

3. Make Mark becomes the first atheist president of the USA for a band new  hope and change.

4. Mass amount of people being forced to solve their own problems

5.  Greedy rich tooling the ancient spiritual leader would have to release their financial slaves

6. Cagsil can set up his churches and schools of love all over the world

7. qwark reprograms and re education people to higher brain powers

8 Earnest imprison all the clergyman child molesters and give humor lessons

What do you think of this master plan?

Sounds doable. However, I would never setup a church, even for love.

Schools, I be glad to fund that, and if the teachers didn't love what they do, then they can pick another profession or go work somewhere else. I would only want teachers who are interested in actually teaching students, not making robots for the workforce.

Other than that, I wouldn't care too much if everything else fell into place. If it didn't fall into place, then we(collectively) would work to make it happen. smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

You mean like Coke and Pepsi Harry Potter Vs. The Bible...Who Wins?

Strong, biblical commentary on the Harry Potter books and why they are so dangerous, and what Satan is setting up behind the scenes with these books...

I don’t know if it would work, Harry Potter seem less fictional than the bible
            Unless you rewrite the bible again to make it sound less painful, like Harry Potter.

1. qwark profile image59

Hey Castle:
              There's a fool born every moment!
              We can do it! Muahhhahahahahaha...lol
              Qwark

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Okay, are you talking about just abandoning the bible?  Or religion in general, as those are two different things.  Sure, bible is part of one religion, but I don't think you can say it applies to all religions in the world.  Personally, I don't know what would happen if the world gave up the bible completely. 

Sure, I know atheists would argue to say that the world would be a safer place for all of us, without the influences of the bible corrupting society.

Whereas Christians would argue that without the bible, it would lead to absolute anarchy, without the influence of god.  Citing how wars were really caused by man's greed rather than the bible's influence. 

To be honest, I think with or without religion in general, society wouldn't change as much as you think it would.  As there's still going to be greed, money and wars in society.  Humanity still hasn't embraced the fact that we're all universally the same regardless of race, religion, sexuality, political status, or even economic status as well.  Don't get me wrong, I think humanity is capable of reaching that point someday, but it's going to take years.  Hell, I think everyone in this forum will more than likely be dead by the time it happens, so none us will ever be fortunate to see it.  However, as long something exists that causes a division in social classes, then society won't change.

3. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Over half of the world doesn't pay attention to the bible as it is...  So i don't support an idea that there would be much change.  Especially if we didn't  know it existed, as is the case in many Eastern countries and cultures nowadays.

Maybe so.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

The world would have to first "accept" something to then abandon that thing, would it not?

3. mrpopo profile image72
    mrpopoposted 12 years ago

Gays wouldn't be hated, stem cell research would not be opposed for ridiculous reasons, contraceptives would be used in AIDS infested African countries... to name a few.

Stevennix makes a good point that society wouldn't change that much - there would still be a few boundaries or divisions. But I think it'd be a step closer to even recognizing those walls, and overcoming them.

4. dutchman1951 profile image62
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

probably some one wold invent something else to take its place and control people for power and world wealth. a struggle for who could control things.

Just realised my answer here. smile  I guess what I am saying, in short, is not much would change....lolol

5. Joy56 profile image69
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

A lot of people have abandoned the bible.  Lots of people who claim to be religious never really read the bible.  I think.......

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"I Think"  that Most Everyone that ever reads the bible have already been programed as to how they are supposed to INTERPRET it.

They already Subconciously know the message that they are  "SUPPOSED" to get out of it.

When it is all said and done .. I Think .. everyone will be saying ...  "Why didn't I see that"

But that is just another opinion.

My destiny is all per program by Jesus, mmmm time to change the remote

6. dutchman1951 profile image62
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Joy, some have read it well, and thats why they abandoned it..!

I hear per capita, the Bible is the most unread book in the world

Many people perfer suffering and fight clubs, I would even abandoned my real father if he was that way.

2. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

true for me! smile

7. lizzieBoo profile image60
    lizzieBooposted 12 years ago

Atheists would have nothing to talk about. hee hee!

You mean to be crumpy and crouchy about,

There is a happy middle other than Heaven and hell don't you think?

2. earnestshub profile image81

We would still need to sink the sister ship remember. smile

Atheist try to reason them to death, it hard to get pass those crazed looks in the eyes about their slave master, maybe deep down they don't want to lead their own lives.

How do you bust through those bubbles as they just blow off these perfectly good questions somehow.

1. earnestshub profile image81

The terminally uninformed! lol Hard to get through to someone who refuses to listen because god told them not to.
          Not well at all mentally. smile

Flock Bullies

I have never heard that before, and have no idea what it means. smile

I just made it up, over controlling blind sheep, as a kid in church, I was forced to count the attendance and it put me right to sleep, they fire me, My best defense from bullies is falling asleep or ignoring them, they just walk away

Good strategy! lol

8. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

I can't see that it would make any difference.  Religions come and go.   Christians make up the largest world religion, although if trends continue, Islam will soon have the largest number of followers.  The world continued when the old pagan gods were forgotten, it made no difference to the everyday running of society.  Just because the gods are given different names or different religious texts replace the old ones, things will continue as before.  Economics, which has the biggest influence on our lives would not change in any way.  Politics would not change.  The natural environment would not be aware that a section of humanity no longer followed the teachings of this religious book.  Man's ego makes us think that what we believe really matters, but this is not the case.

9. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

Where is the 2.1 billion statistic coming from? My government classed me as Christian until I was 18 because I went to the CofE school in my village (the only school) And at no point have I been religious.

I think it would also be interesting to see the numbers of practising christians vs practising muslims.

10. thisisoli profile image73

Okay case in point, Wikipedia (Which lists by countries the population of Christians)

44,522,000     71.8%

Thats out of a population of around 62 Million. 

Now, from living in the UK I can confirm that in my entire village there was one Chrisitian family, and a vicar. The church was mostly involved in community activities, not religion.  From what I remember my parents sayingthe sunday service attracted around 10-20 people, thats out of a population of 2000.

Living in York, a population of 200,000 I met one fanatical christian, no others in my rather vast network of friends (I worked in an office, a bar, and operated a social network with around 2,500 members). During that time I met around 20 other people who were Christian.

Just from living in England I have seen next to no proof that there are anywhere close to 71%.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
      Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think 6% is closer the mark. They do like to lie a lot though - you have to take that into consideration. This is closer to the truth:

http://www.johannhari.com/2010/08/10/th … ristianity

2. profile image0
      Muldanianmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think the 71 % comes from the fact that many people when questioned will describe themselves as C of E.  This does not mean that they believe in God or the teachings of the bible, but simply that people associate themselves with the religion of their ancestors.  Most in my family describe themselves as C of E, even though none of us have stepped through the door of a church, and as far as I know don't even believe in God.  It is more to do with tradition.  That old idea that to be British, you must be C of E, support the queen, drink tea and sweet sherry and enjoy fish and chips.  Religion is associated with nationhood more often than with any real belief in God.  You will often hear people say in conversation, "we are a Christian country, after all."  But based on the numbers of those who attend church, this really is not the case.

11. thisisoli profile image73

I know actual church attendance in the UK is well below the 10% mark, don't want to give a figure more accurate than that without searching for sources to back it up though.

I have a report that says only 3% of Christian attend church on a regular bases. That is not much faith when you consider most repentance will not make it to church on time. Your God see you not repenting on time, then Poof!!! YOU end up in Hell

12. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

What would happen if, the World abandoned the Bible?  Probably not a whole lot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)