jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Are the Religious Winning the Debate?

1. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Definitely going back to the middle ages. The law now is suspicion without evidence.
    No more 4th amendment. I once thought they were coming after me with their pitch forks.
    I took off work early and made a quick exit.
    If the circumstance is right they will all, except maybe one, turn against you.

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
      Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Slowly but surely.

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They cannot win the debate. Only one reason is because of the hypocrisy built into the belief itself.

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

No, the religious are running away from all real debate as they always have, the cannot win because apart from all the dribble that is on the net there are many ways to receive an education online.
    The internet may save the world from religion given a bit more time.

3. 0
    Muldanianmanposted 5 years ago

I must admit to being very nervous about some of the views expressed on here and from people I have spoken to in real life.  Their beliefs are primitive, believing that people who have mental health problems and those who are left-handed are possessed by the devil.  Yes, this sounds absurd to rational people, but such primitivism is growing.  I refer people to the question, asked by a hubber on here, where they seriously suggest that the mentally ill are possessed, and the surprising number of people who agree with the suggestion.

Also. more and more people are turning away from the belief in evolution, and returning to primitive creationism.  Even the scientific evidence for global warming is now questioned by most people.  Science has become a dirty word for many people, and this view is spreading. 

There was a time, in the 20th century when it looked like science was winning the debate.  I no longer believe this is the case.  Whether it be Islamic of Christian fundamentalism, I truly believe a lot the world is rushing to accept such ideologies.  I realise some will think I am reacting to my fears, but from evidence, I really do believe the religious are making great advances in spreading their ideology, whilst the scientific rationalist is having to shout louder and louder just to be heard.  It seems evidence is no longer able to win against the fundamentalist.