jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Days of the Week

1. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago

BEFORE there was DAYS, ........there was "NUMBERS".
    1-7 would be the focus here 6 of which God created the heaven as we know it and the earth on which we exist.
    In the beginning there was no names,how did they begin?Every country seem to have their own calender.

1. Brinafr3sh profile image89
      Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is a good question Pastor Jack. Where did the names of the week come from? Not sure, but I will be checking into this forum to see who might have any answers.

1. Apostle Jack profile image61
        Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know about todays knowledge concerning the days and months that came from and are name after Roman and Greek gods and kings.I am speaking about during the time of Adam and Eve when it all first began.When Noah build the Ark.When humankind first became aware of time and how to measure and name days.When there was NUMBERS  and not NAMES.

2. aka-dj profile image79
    aka-djposted 5 years ago

Rather than ask us, you ought to have Googled it.
    I did, and here's your answer.

http://www.pantheon.org/miscellaneous/origin_days.html

1. vector7 profile image60
      vector7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

Well done dj..

cool

1. Brinafr3sh profile image89
        Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

3. Brinafr3sh profile image89
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

What is the best (monetized) Article Site other than Hubpages?

4. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

A Day represents a span/an instance of action -what we call creation. To that was added a continuum of lessor days, based on the sun and moon 'locations' at the 'time' of observation.

Days were apportioned based on recorded lunar cycles.
    Nearly all ancient calendars are exact, having 28 'days' in a single lunar rotation. the Gregorian is an inaccurate format, activated 2,011 years ago.

Interesting enough, nearly all calendars of the ancient world were based on crop cycles, as it takes 28 days to sprout vegetation, grain etc. 84 for grain to come harvest, etc. Also, it takes a female mammal 28 days to cycle their womb for having a child.

Now, we no longer a required to live by days or celebrate times/seasons/dates. We have access to Days once more.

smile
    James.

working