jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What is divine purpose?

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image87
    Slarty O'Brianposted 5 years ago

Christians often tell atheists that without god there is no purpose to life. But they never tell us what this purpose is. So I would Christians o tell us in concrete terms what purpose it is they are talking about. It must be grandiose and a meaning purpose being it comes from a god. So all us atheists should be able to understand the importance of this purpose and agree that it really is a divine purpose.

After all, I hear about this purpose so often but have yet to hear the secret of what it is.
    So please dear Christians, explain it to us so too might know divine purpose.

Warning: Your answer may become part of a hub.

1. heavenbound5511 profile image82
      heavenbound5511posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Divine purpose-

I. The Divine Purpose (1:3-14).
      II. The Divine Power (1:15--2:22).
      III. The Divine Proclamation (3:1-13).
      IV. The Divine Presence (3:14-21).
      V. The Divine Provision (4: 1-16).
      VI. The Divine Pattern (4:17--6:9)
      VII. The Divine Panoply (6:10-20).

“And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment – to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ” (Ephesians 1:9-10).

To understand that God’s ultimate purpose is to unite all things alienated in the universe into one harmonious whole through the one cosmic event of the reconciling work of Christ from which all blessings flow.

The heavenly disclosure is the “good news” that salvation is the gift of God in and through Christ alone. Jesus Christ is at the very center of God’s divine purpose in bringing universal reconciliation in every sphere of life in heaven and earth. In him alone we have been chosen, adopted, redeemed, forgiven, sealed and consequently glorified. Halleluiah!

1. Evolution Guy profile image61
        Evolution Guyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So  - pretty much being self righteous and starting as many fights as possible? Doesn't seem too divine to me.

Not a Super Being I would follow myself, but I can see you are pretty scared so I sort of understand why you need to think you will live forever.

2. 0
        Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

meanwhile, 99.9% of humans get to go to hell - yippee!!

2. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago
        Slarty O'Brianposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol... Yup.

3. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Slarty,

The divine purpose of Christians is to serve their god.

Plain and simple. Cut and Dry.

They do so willingly putting HIM before themselves(unlikely, but are suppose to) and other people.

It's called having a higher purpose.

Slarty O'Brianposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok. Very good. But it must be more than that. They are telling atheists we can not have purpose in our lives with out a god and that without a god our life has no meaning.

So what is this meaning and purpose their life has that an atheist is supposedly unable to have with out god?

I mean, if it is just serving the master it isn't a mystery why an atheist doesn't have that kind of purpose..

1. Cagsil profile image83
          Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is their own ignorance showing.
          You would be unable to receive "Godly" love offered to those who believe and sacrifice in serving.
          Many Christians believe that Love that humans feel isn't "God's" Love. They put a different value on it.

The real truth is that purpose of life is to be created by the individual, which brings meaning. No god required.

As for the "Godly" Love, it's a BS myth. Ask any Christian if they love a stranger or willing to put their life on the line for a stranger and 99% of them will say no. Yet, they are supposedly feel "God's" Love, which is different.

I learned to love myself, by understanding myself, which showed me how to love other people and yes I am willing to die for any other person in this world. And, I have no god.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
          schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you have a purpose like anyone else...anyone who does good things has a purpose.

4. Create Sun profile image60
      Create Sunposted 5 years ago

Sometimes the answers are not as deep and vast as we would like them to be. 

Everyone must find and determine their own life purpose for themselves.

5. knolyourself profile image61
      knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

"So please dear Christians, explain it to us so too might know divine purpose."
      It is make a profit. Only profit has meaning, since only profit explains why one does anything, as more than before. What the sense in sitting?

6. Phorcia profile image61
      Phorciaposted 5 years ago

I like this