jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

The Different Compartments of Hell

1. sassyk73 profile image78
    sassyk73posted 5 years ago

I was in Bible Study and we were talkng about Hell. The leader mentioned this but did not go in depth. They said this is not taught much because it can confuse people. If it's part of the Bible, Why don't most churches teach about this?

2. brotheryochanan profile image60
    brotheryochananposted 5 years ago

This is dantes inferno.. a book, it is not bible.
    If there were to be a doctrine about levels in hell it would have been taught openly.
    No levels in hell in OT
    none in the NT
    Hell is synonymous with the garbage dump of gehenna, a place where garbage is utterly consumed. One level.. consummation.

I also believe that this belief is flesh oriented. Flesh would like to see all wicked people get "their just deserts" its kinda like vengeance.

1. KK Trainor profile image61
      KK Trainorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's it, Dante's Inferno. It's very interesting, but not Biblical. He has a very specific outline of the different rings, and if you buy the book there will be a diagram. It's divided up into different levels for different types of people and according to their offenses on earth.

1. sassyk73 profile image78
        sassyk73posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks KK...the book sounds ineresting. I think I will check it out. God bless you.

1. KK Trainor profile image61
          KK Trainorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's part of the 3 part "trilogy" called The Divine Comedy (Paradise, Purgatory and Inferno) by Dante Aligheri written in 1308.

2. sassyk73 profile image78
      sassyk73posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you brothery. I really appreciate the information you provided smile it is really helpful. God bless you.

working