jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

It IS

1. Jerami profile image79
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

There is none so wrong as he who that thinks that he is RIGHT,

There is no one who is abloluely right.
       And none who is absolutely wrong.

If we can't come together,    the truth will be lost forever.

1. Extinct Soul profile image61
      Extinct Soulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have to accept the fact that your "truth" can't be imposed on every walking meatballs you meet. They've their own truth's too.

State your point if you think it was right, but be open to other opinions and find the reason behind why people say such things.

If you can't stand such arguments, stay away from those forums....

Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I try to be open to every ones views,  but closed to many attitudes. 
           I don't want to impose my version of truth upon anyone, because If I did?  that makes me somewhat responsible for them if I have lead them astray.

Yet on the other hand, SOMETIMES it seems that it is a persons duty to share something that we know with someone that needs to know, just like if they don't have anything to eat and I have two sandwiches.

EDIT   but we must remember ....  everyone can not like liverworst  (SP).

2. lone77star profile image91
      lone77starposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Jerami, some beautiful ideas here. You are "abloluely" right! wink

But seriously, I think we can learn a great deal from each other, especially if each comes to the discussion with humility. Heaven knows, I have too much ego, but I keep trying.

Extinct, you're right, too. wink I particularly like to find out the motivation behind people's viewpoints. In high school world history class, 44 years ago, the teacher ensnared me with a similar take on humanity's past -- not memorization of dates, but understanding history's motivations.

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So long as the right does not know that he is right then he would continue to believe those that are wrong are actually right...this is the perpetual continuation of the age of unbelief.

...and this is the devils domain.

But those who are absolutely right will know it.......
      Unlike those who are wrong....

I don't think that anyone is absolutely correct,
          And what we do know is never complete.

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

......Then ofcourse you're not absolutly correct......

Therefore I am...absolutly correct....

hope you do get it.......

2. lone77star profile image91
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Jerami, the title of this forum is powerful and light all at the same time... almost spiritual.

The Buddhists talk of something called as-it-isness. My understanding of this is the "truth" of something.

In Scientology "as-isness" makes something disappear -- a problem, an attitude, a phobia, or even a physical object.

In Christianity, the truth will set you free. Somehow these seem, philosophically related.

One late afternoon in 1977, I ran into this idea (these ideas) head on, after six near collisions caused by six other, very impatient drivers. Tensions had skyrocketed, but then suddenly all that thick emotion melted. I saw it all exactly "as it is" and felt perfect responsibility for it. What surprised me thirty years later is that the action of accepting 100% responsibility had effectively let the six off the hook. I had forgiven them so thoroughly, I didn't realize that I had. I felt great love for them and nothing else. I'd like to feel that more often. How imperfect I am in that quest!

What happened next, I've written about in another Hub on the anatomy of a miracle. For me the universe changed that day -- a difference between darkness-hoping-for-the-light, and intermittent-light-hoping-for-stability-in-that-light.

It IS, yes! And I AM.

i think I do understand, 
      I gotta go to a 10:AM meeting but when I get back I am going to check that hub out.

working