What would you beg God for?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (152 posts)
  1. profile image51
    little johnnyposted 12 years ago

What would you beg God for?

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would not play the psychotic game of begging to give any power satisfaction watching me do it. if it comes to this, then kill me, I am beter off.

I beg for nothing

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Forgiveness and mercy.

1. Jackie Blast profile image60
        Jackie Blastposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Two thumbs up! And eternal life with Him!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
          Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thats a cool nic JB,oops sorry if its not a nic.

Nice ring to it,great name for an author smile

3. rpbisen profile image61
      rpbisenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mercy upon mankind for all the wrong deeds performed by them with a request to give mankind feeling of love towards all  irrespective of feelings of cast, creed, race, culture & geographical locations in making this earth a place of living for family of mankind.

4. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not dignifying to beg for something that can't be asked for while standing tall, any loving god would expect no less.

5. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WHY BEG??? for what he's already given??

1. earnestshub profile image83
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If one believes, that is a lot more reasonable. smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image76

Hey Dj -nice to cya again !!

This is now the A.N.Z.A.C.S thread lol

2. earnestshub profile image83
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. smile

3. sofs profile image78
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Beg??? Nope, I don't have to beg God, He is my father do you beg your father. He knows my needs and takes care of them.

1. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most people, while young, DO beg their mother or father for things like...letting their friends sleep over, or borrowing the car.

Is He not the father of the dying, starving children of the world as well?...because if this is the way that He takes care of His children's needs, then He is a total dead-beat!

1. sofs profile image78
        sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So now God gets blamed for man's greed .. that is sad indeed .

NONSENSE!!!!

You are blaming man for what your God SHOULD be blamed for.

If all humans are God's creation, then He is ulimately responsible for each person's behavior.  If He does nothing to stop the greedy from taking from the starving, then that is an act of EXTREME incompetence.

Is your God a weakling or just a foolish dummy?

2. profile image0
          jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If he is omnipotent, at the least, more potent than men, he should be able to cure the "human greed". Or is it that god made all American humans(including the corporates) selfless, humble and generous, and in the process made the African humans selfish and greedy? And even if the Africans are selfish and greedy, what prevent him from making them less so or at Least give a little rain?
          Or to what extent you will go in justifing that there is an evil impotent psychopath, who claim to be the power behind everything, but as impotent as you are in curing the maladies in this world, not even have the guts to take responsibility for his own creations?

1. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You miss the big picture. God is able to do all these things and abundantly more. Man started out at the top, a nice garden, peace, fellowship with God, but chose to ignore those things and wanted something else. God gave them something else.
            I am reminded of 1 samuel 8:11 This will be the manner of the king that you will have over you. He will take your sons and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen...12... and to make his instruments of war...14.. and he will take your fields and vineyards...16... and your men and maidservants and put them to his work..18... and ye shall cry out in that day because of your king.
            19 but the people refused to hear the words and said, "Nay but we shall have a king over us and be like all the other nations".
            Our kings today are our governments.
            You see, man today wants to rule things his own way. Now God is not a dictator and he above all else certainly knows that what happens down here is not the be all and end all of everything but is only a shadow of greater and glorious things. Having tragedy in the world is not a case against God but a case for God will help. We don't think we are that far fallen from the garden, but we are - the knowledge of God is not in the world as it was in the garden. And all things are set in motion and patterns and ways for doing things are concreted. Should God now show himself and manifest in the sky for all to see; that would make the cross of christ a neglected thing. Each day someone dies, someone gets saved. Each day a crisis occurs, someone mentions Gods name.
            So since all is in operation we had best blame the lack of rain to chem trails or famine to the damming of rivers. Pollution, waste, excess of course is all mans doing. As all christians must get self off their thrones individually so must mankind get self off their thrones nationally.
            Personally i like the way things are. God has promised to look after and care for his own and because of that i can live stress free from the world man has created and just enjoy God for who he is.
            Of course you may not buy this but that is because you have this preconceived notion of how God must work. God must give to mankind the garden again so we can believe - but not necessarily obey. If God gave us the garden again would we walk in his ways or would we fall again. Realistically, we would fall again. Do we like our governments?  no, but we each year fill out our tax forms, perhaps we cheat a bit, but we fill them out like the good robots we are supposed to be. Do we like the police enforcement of 0.8? no. so we sneak along the backroads after a night of fun and drinking. Did we obey our parents even though we saw them daily? This notion of seeing is believing and "oh if only God would show himself i'd be a number one christian!" is false.

4. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

Who's God?

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

A pet monkey. If there was truly an omnipotent god, he could give me a monkey. I just know it. big_smile

6. Hyphenbird profile image82
    Hyphenbirdposted 12 years ago

We are not required to beg favor from God. In Matthew 7:7-8, He tells us:
    “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
    He is a loving father who is willing to give , not a cruel taskmaster who forces humiliation on us.

I have asked many times, and have received absolutely nothing.  Why keep believing this, when it has been proven to be a fraud.

But if it makes you feel better about your life, then keep denying reality.

1. profile image0

Prayer is not dependent upon the words that are spoken, but the heart. Often people pray for selfish things even unknowingly.. oh God make me win the lottery and i'll tithe 50% - but what will you do with the rest? If i only had a really nice car - that chicks would look at... IF only i had a better job - that might take you away from family or cause you to be too occupied and not become the pastor that God wants you to be.
        Just because we pray does not mean God has to give it to us.  Unanswered prayer is always the fault of the one who prays who does not pray in accordance to the Fathers will.
                            -  it has not been proven to be a fraud -
        The bible has a scripture for this:
        James 4:3   Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
        even jesus prayed the fathers will:
        Matthew 26:42   He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
        and the Lords Prayer: (very famous)
          Matthew 6:9   After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
          Matthew 6:10   Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
                      WOW.. thy will be done.. right at the top!
                         I hope this makes you feel better smile

7. sassyk73 profile image71
    sassyk73posted 12 years ago

Little Johnny (by the way, I like the name I still call my oldest son that).......we don't have to beg God. He's Jehovah Jireh, our provider. Just be careful what you ask for because you just might receive it and not be ready for it wink

You would think that an omniscient God would be wise enough NOT to give His children something that they are not ready for...wouldn't ya think?!

8. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

If God existed, I would ask him to stop people being bigoted and full of hatred, and to accept people, no matter how different they are to themselves.

9. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

Nothing anymore.

As a kid I begged God for death, to just not wake up in the morning, every night in my prayers for years. Luckily there wasn't anything listening to me or able to give me the brain aneurism/direct meteor strike to my bedroom. Also lucky for me is the fact that I have healed and no God didn't heal me, time and the love and support of friends might claim that honour but no God other then what I imagined was ever doing anything in my life, good or bad. So I wouldn't beg for anything anymore, I just get off my bum and get out there to make things I want to happen happen. Helpful hands are greater then prayerful lips smile

1. KK Trainor profile image60
      KK Trainorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't suppose that God made those friends available to you for support. I'm sorry that you were miserable, and that it turned you from God.

10. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

To rule the world. Ja ja ja smile

11. profile image51
    Anitajlinettposted 12 years ago

I beg God for life. He saved me from myself. Everyday he sets things in motion for me to live life to the fullest.    He gave me in addition to life worth living, a clear mind and a open heart to see people in spiritual perspective. No religion included. God always helps me, I was unwanted the day I was born, but thats another story. ^_^

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is all very nice for you but what makes you so special in comparison to say this kid? http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2006/05/15/drought_across_africa.jpg
      A little rain in the right places and this kid would be well, healthy instead of half dead with hunger and thirst. It sure does sound like God is doing so much for you that he didn't have any time left over to send a little rain this kids way, I mean what with intricately planning your life out in such detail that you can do more the simply stay alive but live life to the fullest . Personally, for me, I would rather assume the responsibility for living my life to the fullest and see if the reduced work load might mean God can send a little rain to the various farms of the world preventing kids from getting into this sort of state, kinda makes living life to the fullest seem vulgar and obscene, especially when then giving the credit to a God that couldn't send a few rain clouds over the farms in Africa but hey, gotta keep all them christians and Muslims their rewards for their prayers. UGH! Better there be no God then such a cruel one as could allow such an innocent child to suffer such, for I could have nothing to do with such a creature.

Yea we have all seen the advertisements ,but the reality is:

There is enough food already in the world to feed everyone!

I mean half the world eats too much ,and the other half not enough.

God has already provided.

It is us humans who cant figure it out roll

1. jacharless profile image75
          jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile yip.
          The other note someone mentioned about the rain thing, imo, is no one ever told them to populate such arid land and pollute their local rivers with raw sewage, for washing laundry or --in the case of China not so many moons ago, disposing dead bodies in upstream plots.

James

Hello EK, how are things?

Humans can't figure out how to make it rain? Or how to distribute all that excess food across the entire planet?

I can tell you now that the good people of the world are doing plenty, it is all the god stuff that is missing.

1. profile image0

man can make it rain. Its just chemicals and altitude. And as far as feeding everyone, well you see the waste North america throws away.. man can do much of these things.. but man is not letting man, there is something in the way and it is not God.

1. profile image0
              klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there is no waste, brotheryochanan. I always eat the left overs!

2. getitrite profile image70

Yet He can't save the starving children?  Why?

At the same time, He sets things in motion for the starving children to live a miserable life, then succumb to a horrible death!  I, personally, don't see where you can claim that you are so special, when others are completely ignored by your God.

CLEAR MIND???!!!

Many, many people were unwanted, but that doesn't mean an imaginary, biased, psychotic God is responsible for anything.

12. GodTalk profile image59
    GodTalkposted 12 years ago

Most, if not all of the starvation in this world comes from corrupt governments unwilling to help their own people, but are more than willing to line their own pockets.  These governments are abdicating their God-given responsibility to care for the people that they govern.
        As a Christian, it is my responsibility to do what I can to alleviate the suffering of the poor and destitute, and I try to do this. If I were richer, I'd do more. Christians are left on this earth to preach the Gospel and to help lessen the evils caused by sinful mankind. In that way we demonstrate the love of God to this world.
         It is also good to know that this world of suffering is not all that there is. The effects of sin are still with us today, but will be totally eliminated when Christ returns.  Until then, rather than ask what God is doing, why not ask what you are doing?   He has given the job to each of us.

HOGWASH!!!!!!!!

This is pure nonsense, as usual.

Giving your imaginary God credit when good things happen...THEN...blaming man, when bad things happen.

As you have already been thoroughly debunked months ago, you should give this abject nonsense a rest, and admit that your God is a delusion, based upon your rigid indoctrination, and fantastic ego, that allows you to think that, somehow, there is a Creator that knows, and cares for the likes of you...while allowing others to suffer and die.  Shame!

1. GodTalk profile image59
        GodTalkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is interesting that you think that I have been debunked. I thought it was the other way around. I guess it is all a matter of perspective. By the way, what are you doing for those starving people you claim to care about? If you are doing something then good for you. But don't blame God for the evil that man causes.

I guess delusion IS a form of insanity!

Yeah!...go right ahead and create a diversion from the real premise.  What an evil entity you serve.  I couldn't imagine serving a God who would ask me to divert to dodging questions, and complete dishonesty to defend Him! 

More dodging and dishonesty for Jesus. lol

God created these evil men, therefore He is to blame for everything that His bloody creation does.  Your logic, on this matter, is completely absurd, as you prefer to worship an omnipotent God with NO power over His own creation.  How ludicrous!

Btw, IF YOUR LOGIC IS CORRECT, YOU SHOULD ALSO STATE, "don't blame God for the GOOD that man causes" as well?

If not, then, why?

On the contrary. God ultimately gets the credit for all the good done in the world. He created it. He defined the good. He gave us the ability to choose the good. However, free will demands that we have the ability to choose against the good as well. That is where the problem comes in. God did not make us robots. That would solve all the problems, but you would no longer be able to choose to be an atheist, or whatever you claim to be. You would no longer be you.

By the way, it seems that atheists dodge questions about things too. You never really said if you're doing anything about the starving people. It is easy to blame a God you don't believe exists instead of doing something yourself. Or are you afraid that He will get the credit?

He also created evil.  How do you rationalize that?

Yeah...and at one time He drowned the entire population except a few.  What a way to define GOOD!  Pathetic!

This is where your beliefs get truly INSANE.  This free-will BS is the carte blanc for your ridiculous religious stupidity.  This is merely your inability to THINK. PERIOD!...and will no longer be accepted as an answer.  It has been proven that free-will cannot exist if God is omnsicient.  Do you not understand that?

The problem is psychotic delusion.

God, who is imaginary, did not make anything!

Which is what you are looking forward to when you get to heaven...where free-will is abandoned.  I guess you will no longer be you.  How can this get any more absurd?

Firstly evil was not part of God's original creation, and will not be part of His new creation.

Secondly he drowned the whole population because they were evil and abandoned Him.

In answering your question on free will, I think that you meant that God's omnipotence and freewill cannot exist together. Omniscience simply means all knowing.  And I don't think that I have ever seen you prove that either omniscience or omnipotence cannot co-exist with free will.

As far as psychotic delusion is concerned, it seems more psychotic to believe that everything just happened. Adding billions of years to it, cannot make the delusion any less fanciful.

And if my God is imaginary, then you couldn't prove it by the evidence as we know it. Life begets life. There is no evidence of abiogenesis. Maybe you hold to the theory that life from outer space planted us here. I see no evidence of that, so I will stick with God.

Finally, I made a choice to accept God through Christ years ago. In heaven, without the presence of sin and my old sin nature, it will be a joy to continue in the choice to love and serve God for eternity.

Then why did He eventually decide that, in all His omniscience, to create evil?  What kind of nonsense does your God walk around thinking?

Do you realize how insane this sounds?  MY GOD!  What a childish nincompoop your God is.  I imagine He just couldn't have euthanized humans and animals in a more humane way...you know...unlike a psychopath. Or better yet, just take responsibility for HIS mistake. Can't you see that it was God's screw-up and not man's.  Man did not make himself, according to you, therefore his maker is responsible for any defects.

Simple.  If God already knows the outcome of every action, how can anyone deviate from the course.  Is that too deep for your religious mind to grasp?  No free-will...only God's will...will be done.

Maybe.  But you are not just proposing that there COULD be a creator.  NO!  You are asserting that the psychopathic, bloodthirsty, evil entity of a 2000 year old book, written by ignorant goat herders, is what created everything.  THAT, my friend, is absolutely psychotic.

I guess the concept of common sense means nothing to a firmly deluded mind.

Oh yes.  The God from a 2000 year old book, written by ancient savages, which is an outright fraud.  Yes, what a safe bet!lol

I think it's safe to say that the only eternity you will have is total unconsciousness, no matter what the voices tell you.

But, you know, it's not so bad.  It's much better than living forever, and having to worship at the feet of your extremely SICK God.

In fact, I am going to pray that you DON'T go to heaven.  I don't think even you deserve that miserable, unbearable fate.

13. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

Traffic, I need lots of traffic right now to my hubs.... Juuuuust Kidding. My mom tought me to never ask or beg for things......

14. FreeThoughtist profile image61
    FreeThoughtistposted 12 years ago

Which god? And what would be your definition of a god?

Religions try time and again to reason their way out of pinpointing what a god really is in the first place, whether with regards to theism, deism, pantheism or any other classification of a belief in a god an ideology might believe. But what they forget is that faith is't about reason. It's about believing, no matter what.

There are those who've managed to scapegoat atheism into seeming irrational, but that's just a straw-man to draw our attention away from the lack of proof of an existence of a god.

Forget that topic for a moment. If, when I die, I get to meet "the creator" then (assuming it's the Judeo-Christian-Islamic god YHWA/Allah) my immediate reaction would be not to beg. I'd know at first that if there were an omniscient, omnipotent being, I might be perfectly represented. Who better to know me inside and out, my thought's and intentions, better than that judge and jury? I might feel perfectly at ease knowing I need no argument.

That being said, I think it might be said that in that instant though my disgust would pour through. All the atrocities of the Old Testament, as well as the New Testament and (I prefer at this point to remind myself of the inept probability of it not being so) the Qu'ran.

Luckily though, there's no cause for a belief in a god. Simply weighing the number of gods I could believe in, by those that man has believed in and, no doubt, may believe in forthcomingly does the mathematician no surprise. That, compiled with the innumerable amount of scientific evidence that nature did not need a causal agent to begin, makes for a pretty vacant god.

Religion need only walk to the gates of bigotry and ignorance with you (carrying you or not), but it's reason that breaks down the doors.

Since when is logical to reject something altogether just because there are many interpretations of it? Obviously, whether something is true or false, has nothing to do with whether you believe it or not. It also has nothing to do with whether or not someone has a false understanding of it. It just means that they have a false  understanding of something that is true, or in the case of God, real.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Real god? You're too funny. lol lol

1. kmackey32 profile image64
          kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish they would stop with the religious threads its gay....lol

Okay, I'll agree. lol lol

2. GodTalk profile image59

Thanks. Many people have said that I am, but since you did I'm starting to believe it.

What? Ur Gay?

If by gay you mean homosexual, then no. But if by gay you mean the original sense of the word, happy, then yes, I am usually quite happy.

2. Cagsil profile image71

Oh boy. roll

lol what????

2. FreeThoughtist profile image61
        FreeThoughtistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your understanding atheism is a must before I go on.

Atheism is a rejection of a belief in a god(s).
        It is not the belief that there are no gods, wholeheartedly. This is a misconception; though I personally hold the belief that no god exists that does not prescribe all atheists to my description.

Also, I take it you're saying that all religions (besides your's, most likely Christianity) are incorrect and should be held to a lower standard [as per "It just means that they have a false  understanding of something that is true, or in the case of God, real."] This is your assumption. If I might share my assumptions about reality, I might say that all of reality should be held to the same standard; but we're not talking about reality, we're talking about the super-natural.

So for anything more what you've said thus far to be taken as anywhere near credible, do the following:

1. Prove undeniably that more than the natural universe exists.

2. Then clearly identify the logical pathway between these findings and the belief that it ultimately describes the god of the bible.

Personal anecdotes never count; they never have and never will. I saw a unicorn once, but that in and of itself doesn't make them real.

Have at'r. If you can do it then you've done what two millennia of Christianity lacked.

Does anyone ever do anything but reply to questions here on Hub Pages? That is why I don't like to get involved in these forums. It seems that everyone is just sitting around waiting to answer as soon as anything is written. And by the way it seems that in order for a theist to believe you, you would have to show that everything that exists, with its vast complexity and order, just popped out of nowhere over billions of years. No scientific theory can ever explain how a thing like inanimate matter can even exist, let alone come together to form our universe and even the most uncomplicated life forms that it has. Have at it!

1. FreeThoughtist profile image61
            FreeThoughtistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where to start.

Ad hominem attacks will get you nowhere. Now that that's out of the way...

Claiming to know something is what the religious do; maybe you should have enough humility to not assume you're correct about everything and that no one else knows better.

First, the big bang theory has been proven a multitude of times, you just need to read the right literature. Learn basic physics, then check out A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking. Does nothing more than shed light on mathematical provings.

Secondly though, the BBT says nothing as to where the universe came from. I'm certainly not going to assume your a fool to get into science this much as to not be familiar with M (or String) Theory. Well, using the same mathematical equations that have the accuracy that's been compared to measuring the width of North America to within the unit of a human hair, scientists have mapped out how extra dimensional forces almost certainly had something to do with the formation of our universe.

Oh, just one more thing. You're of course familiar with Einstein's formula E=mc^2 and it's near-infallibility? Yeah, well that's how the universe almost certainly sparked into expansion. With "E" being energy, "m" being mass and "c" being the speed of light (with that squared), it's commonplace within particle physics to observe particles "popping" in and out of existence. For example in a vacuum, where all matter has been taken out, there is essentially empty space. But within this chamber is far from 'nothing' as it holds the potential for what you would call 'creation', for just by there being energetic forces within may particles become real and de-materialize as described by the above equation. In fact, certain batteries rely on this effect as means of holding a resistant charge, if you don't see the practical application.

So you see, this 'sparking' in and out of existence very likely caused the big bang which, in turn, caused the expansion of the universe.

Read a text book?

I have read many textbooks and accept the Big Bang. It is as good a theory as any for how God created the universe. But the Big Bang falls far short of explaining where matter comes from, or how any of this can cause even the simplest life form to exist.

And by the way, I admire men of true science.  There are many scientists who won't be so prideful as to say that this whole vast universe is totally explainable without the existence of a creator. There is nothing that science has come up with to date that can explain away the complexity, order and life which this universe possesses.  And order demands one who orders it; life demands one who gives life.  Unless you have seen any examples of order coming out of chaos on its own, or life coming from non-life, it would seem you cannot explain away God either.

I prefer the bible story myself.

You know, where God made himself, then became his own son and killed himself because he made such a stuff up when he made mankind, so had to find a way to blame someone else for it. smile

I also love the way god is a psychopathic hate machine in the OT, but somehow he can be worshipped as something less horrible through his new ID.
                Possibly the most ridiculous "logic" ever spouted. smile

That god doesn't sound good to me either. Maybe we are reading different Bibles. I don't see that in mine.

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Your bible is missing this and the other 35,000 abusive psychotic passages?

"And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter." (I Samuel 6:19)

Someone must have torn the book of Samuel out of your bible.

Comment?

2. profile image0

"So you see, this 'sparking' in and out of existence VERY LIKELY caused the big bang". einsteinian slip smile

And this is what we get speculation. It is also very likely that God created everything. In genesis i see no big bang, except maybe for a stretch that when God said, Let there be light, there was a big bang.

2. profile image0

Just ask that question to yourself? Do you except, you can post irrationality and illogical stuff and, everyone to silently follow it?

What is this "complexity" and "order" you are talking about? What is it or where is it?

That is what you are claiming. There is something called "god" that just popped out of nowhere, oh!, in a second, not billions of years!!

Got any idea what a theory is?
            What is this universe that came together?
            What is so complex about life?
            What is life?
            Is a "prion" or "virus" living or non-living?

I will not reply any more to this nonsense, except to say that you are so deluded by your hatred for a God that you say that you don't believe in that no amount of reasoning will bring you to your senses. You can't even admit when Science clearly has no answers for how we got life from non-life. If you don't think that life is complicated, then go out there and create a living cell for yourself and show it to the world. It will make you a millionaire, because no one else in the history of man has ever been able to do it.

1. profile image0

I was asking you to direct the question, you asked, to yourself!!
                But its always better, not to answer, when you have no answer yourself!

Where is the reasoning? To say I have hatred for god is just as good as saying you have hatred for Patriforous. Do you hate Patriforous?

For that first you have to say what "life" is? My qestion is not yet answered, Is a "prion" living?
                And science is not in the process of "answering", Science is about explaining, explaining rationally!

Don't you know millions of humans and other animals do that everyday?

Remain in your hatred and ignorance. I'm out of here!

What reasoning?  Surely, you only try to gather "facts" to support your insane presupposition that your psychotic biblical God is real.  When it is clearly pure nonsense.  YOU are the one who seems to be full of hate...hate for reality.

Atheist don't hate this outlandish figment of your imagination.  It is your persistent insistence that just because science does not explain the gaps, then, your insane beliefs must surely be true.  That is ABSURD!

Science can never explain what isn't there. There can never be something without a first cause. It goes completely against the natural order of things. It must be supernatural. But good luck trying. May the God that you don't believe in bless you. I'll talk no more with willful ignorance.

Who made god again?
                    And you did not answer my other question.

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Is your bible missing this and the other 35,000 abusive psychotic passages?

15. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

What god?

16. Sinea Pies profile image61
    Sinea Piesposted 12 years ago

Nothing. I trust His love for me enough that I know I can ask Him.  I don't have to beg.

17. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

I don't beg God for anything. He gives me what I  need and if I don't need it I don't get it. Simple.

It's sad that there are so many angry and disillusioned people here who can't let those of us who do believe have a conversation without their nasty and ridiculous comments.

Faith is so much easier than being angry, which is all I see from the atheist/agnostic posts here.

And, maybe you should learn more about human nature, the human species and possibly change your view. Apparently, your perception is skewed so much so, that you obviously don't see your own actions, but see others negatively.

Not a surprise from someone who holds a religious belief. The 'do as I say, not as I do" model in full force without an self realization.

You must be proud of yourself. What great character you have? Not!

Thank you for proving my point.

Unfortunately, you showed off more of yourself than I did about myself, simply because my actions were only pointing out yours, which isn't a character flaw, but is a character strength. So, your point wasn't actually proved and you obviously missed the point. Again, not surprising.

You seem to say that any time someone says something sensible that you disagree with. You do realize that you are not the only person in the universe with a brain? And forunately my brain is nothing like yours. Your anger is sad and undoubtedly caused by your lack of anything to believe in bigger than yourself.

Actually that would be untrue. But, nice try.
              Really? Thank you for telling me. I would have never thought of that. roll
              Actually, it would be untrue yet again. Only your neural pathways are slightly different. The brain itself is the same.

Actually, untrue statement. My purpose in life is bigger than myself, but then again, what would you know about purpose. It's obvious you let others dictate yours, instead of doing the responsible thing, which is to do it for yourself. Go figure. It's a side effect of your belief and inability to see past your own ego.

Nice try again.

That sounds about the same as CHANCE. It's just your delusion creating a God for no apparent reason.

It's probably because you worship a NASTY and RIDICULOUS God.  Have you even read your psychotic bible......NASTYYY!!!

It's so easy to be angry at your faith, because it makes people behave like psychotics.

Well you sound a lot more psychotic than I do right now, don't you think? You're so angry, so why read a forum obviously meant for believers? Don't read people's posts if they make you so mad. Why even open it up and read it unless it's just to make your nasty comments with all your exclamation points? I'm not angry, but you certainly seem to be.

Don't be ridiculous.  You are a grown up who believes in childish illogical nonsensical fairytales.  Since when is accepting reality more psychotic than THAT?

I never said I was angry.  It is when you are asked to validate your posts that the conflict starts.  That's when you and your ilk start the lying.  We've come to hear the good news...but it must be validated!

I'm waiting for just one of you believers to have one gram of proof that what you are saying is not just outright LIES.

And every time I'm disappointed.

But you must be angry that your beliefs have been thoroughly debunked, and that there is no Super Daddy in the sky, and that you have nothing but reality.  It must make you very angry to know that you are no more special than bacteria or mold.

1. lone77star profile image75
            lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And what would "proof" give you?

If it's only words in this forum, would you say "liar?"

If an eyewitness told you something remarkable, would you say "delusion" or "hallucination?"

And if someone had videotape, would you say, "doctored?"

Perhaps what you really want is to be "right." That is the key lust of ego.

Okay, you are "right" in your own mind. Satisfied?

Why would anyone be angry at your "claim" that their beliefs are debunked? What is your claim? Isn't it merely your opinion?

Would I be right in saying the following?

You have had no spiritual experiences. You have not been outside of your body and seen clearly without Homo sapiens eyeballs. You have not walked on water, parted the sea or any similar miracles.

So, how can your claim mean anything on a subject about which you are completely ignorant?

No anger. Just questions. wink

You are very presumptive to say that I am ignorant on this subject.

In fact, I have had plenty of experience in what you would conclude to be supernatural.

I have had near death experiences.

I have had, what you would consider, out of body experiences.

I have seen ghost.

The difference is that I choose to remain sensible, and not jump to an outlandish, ignorant conclusion.

How absurd!

I observed a wall and ceiling melting and accumulating inside and on top of a TV set once.

Three days later I found out someone had put a tab of LSD in my hamburger.

A very confusing 3 days..... but at least I knew it was my brain that was the cause, not some invisible entity. lol

I have had similar, drug induced, experiences...as well as sleep paralysis.  Everything appears real, but the logical answer is that there was an imbalance somewhere.

18. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I've been begging all day and I'm still without my pet monkey. Does anyone know how long this 'ask and you'll receive' reward thing takes? I'm getting bored.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2. lone77star profile image75
      lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

With your attitude, Emile (and you, too, Cags), I'm not surprised you're left waiting. Someone with insults in their heart cannot ask for much. I suppose that's a good thing. wink

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Insults? How is a monkey an insult?

19. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 12 years ago

NoT a Bloomin thing..I have every thing I need.:0)

20. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 12 years ago

NoT a Bloomin thing..I have every thing I need.:0)

21. profile image51
    Anitajlinettposted 12 years ago

I beg (touch and agree) that God will send labours across those that don't know super natural. I am in agreement with those that line up with Word. Have your answer to night. So be it you have so many questions and you all ass-u-me with no proof

22. LCGreen profile image62
    LCGreenposted 12 years ago

1The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.

2And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

18Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
    Matthew 13:1-23    And for the question that was at hand in the first place I give you this for my answer little johnny
    6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6
    This is MY answer, NO ONE ELSES. This is from MY POINT OF VIEW, not ANYONE ELSES.  I do not bed God for anything but trust in Him fully with even a mustard seed of faith because that is who I trust in. Whether you do or not, that's who I do and my faith shall not be shaken because of disagreement between believers and unbelievers. This is my answer little johnny. Thank you for posting this for the opportunity for EVERYONE to put their points of view in, contradicting, or not.

1. profile image0

That was a good answer, indeed! big_smile

2. profile image0

excellent... . but nicely done. That should be quite clear. Gotta love the red type smile

23. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

Conversion of my loved ones and better health and a suitable mate

24. Midasfx profile image67
    Midasfxposted 12 years ago

If i had to beg (a) god for something, it would have to be an apocalypse.

We f**ked everything up, and we need to start over again. ALL over again.

I'm not sure about anywhere else in the world besides my small town here in america, but we have lost our core values and our moral ethics.

It seems we are always out to hurt each other. Trying to be better then everyone else. Trying to be more powerful then anyone else. We take it into our own hands to teach someone a lesson, instead of letting their own guilt teach them. Such corruption. I would definitely beg (a) God for an apocalypse.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok. You are definitely one person that I hope doesn't get what you wish for. smile

25. lone77star profile image75
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

I would ask for spiritual awakening (everlasting life).

26. profile image0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 12 years ago

Of course I'll become another Bruce Almighty, you silly!

27. profile image52
    ibneahmadposted 12 years ago

I will beg from the Creator God his pleasure and mercy.

1. profile image52
      ibneahmadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will beg to forgive whatever wrong I have done and beg for enabling me to do good to myself and to to other fellow human beings.

28. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

....Right now Id say a Klondyke Bar tongue

Tis humid and Im not happy  lol

Is it warm and humid? I'm freezin my butt off here!

..Yea  the weather is truly wonderful as its Summertime.

But I just don't do high 30's for days and days in a row!! and its probably the humidity that makes it feel worse.

I really miss being so far from a beach or decent river.

Even though its 4 seasons ,they are more extreme it seems.

Like long periods of snow ,or heat ,and it doesn't rain ,its a thunderstorm- (pretty impressive too)..Ka Boom Thunderbolts galore!!

My sis said it very chilly back in ChCh (NZ) too,and further  up North their roads are icy and treacherous!!

Keep warm and hope your feeling better too now Earnest.

Thanks kiwi I am getting better but I did get pretty crook and am about half way recovered. smile kind of you to ask.
          Obviously you are not in NZ right now... are you in Europe or the States?

States

O hi O  smile lol

Nice! I hope you get a good look around the states, the cultures vary more than they do in our countries, and lifestyles too.

America is an amazing place. I love New York city most of all, but have travelled a lot of America and worked there for a while.

29. Eaglekiwi profile image76

Oh cool!

I really want to see NY,spend a few days or so.

Before moving up north we were in South Carolina for 18mths ,cradle of the civil war and met some very interesting Southerners!!
    Yes you are right ,culturally very different and I have been treated so well by Americans everywhere.

Now we are up North and I like it too ,but for different reasons and of course I love to soak up the local atmosphere where ever I land.

I read that John Keys(NZ Prime Minister) is currently dining at Warner Bros and having a B-B-Q with the Pres. tomorrow.

Might give him a  Kia ora and see if he can hook me up lol

30. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

Right now I'd pray for God to help those who can't help themselves. For my Mom to give my dad what he wants- to get full care in a nursing home/rehab and not be in our house and left on the potty for an hour because my sister left the house...idk
    and for innocent people not to be in jail.
    And for families to not hurt each other. (is that too much to ask?) how people can be so evil and call themselves Christians

Nobody is perfect that's for sure.

There are people who do care though.

Im going to pray that your prayers will be answered (if thats ok)

1. J  Youngblood profile image59
        J Youngbloodposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you pray that God will bring my son back. God murdered my son. He runs the show, so he did it through Divine Providence. Please, I beg God right now to send my son back to me and make me not be an alcoholic anymore. I want everyone to pray and get God down here to face me now. There will be a reckoning and I will fight him man to man. I have been training with local MMA fighters and I feel that I am ready to put God down and have him tap out for everything he has done to my life. Even the Almighty should be held accountable by his followers, i feel. He has put off his responsibility for too long and I think He wants us to stand up to him.

I have not lost a son, and I have little understanding of how you feel other than to say that I would turn to alcohol or something, as I cannot even imagine your pain and hurt.

Religion is rubbish, and the loss of your son is the issue that needs addressing here.

I hope you have the love and forbearance to bear the unbearable, and if you need to talk to someone, email me, I am a good listener.

Your statement means more than any god crud written in this thread.
          My sincere condolences.

I appreciate your concern for me earnest. I do not feel that my religion is rubbish however. I just want God to be accountable for his actions is all. I will be publishing an article on this soon and it will explain everything that has happened in my life because of God. I just want a chance to yell at Him face to face like a man should. How can I express my anguish and anger through church leaders, etc. I need to talk to Him personally but every approach I have taken has failed. I think that God is not as smart as he used to be. We as his children have now surpassed Him and I don't know if I will ever be able to reach him now. It's just frustrating after all He has forced me to do in my life.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm praying also.

31. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

Nothing. Because I know I would never get what I asked for if I asked for something. He's God, not a magician.

The only thing I might ask for is eventual peace for everyone. But, I wouldn't beg for it.

32. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I haven't read a single post   Sorry !   Just want to comment to the OP.

The only thing I'd be begging for is    ....

Let me in;  "Please"

33. earnestshub profile image83
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Well if I ever meet god and feel the need to beg him, I will ring my eldest son.

He works in a university medical facility and should be able to get a couple of hefty guys with a "special" coat and a needle full of downers to me real quick.

34. noland1977 profile image60
    noland1977posted 12 years ago

I beg of God for his compassion on a day to day basis.  I know that our lives are what we make of them, but when life becomes too tough to bear, it's His compassion that helps us through the rest.

1. profile image52
      ibneahmadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your approach in life; I appreciate it.

1. aka-dj profile image65

This is similar to sitting at mother's table, with food in front of you, and u begging mother, "PLEASE, PLEASE, MOM, GIVE ME FOOD" (Yes, I'm shouting).

Just EAT! Dont't beg. hmm
        Compassion is already given.
        Love is already given.
        Mercy is already given
        Abundance is already given.

When do you want me to stop the list????

35. LCGreen profile image62

^^^ I don't want you to stop the list! lol I love what you posted aka-dj!

36. LCGreen profile image62

^^^ I don't want you to stop the list! lol I love what you posted aka-dj!

See,LC liked it so much ,she posted twice smile

37. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

I would beg for an increase in the submersion time for adult baptism to 3 minutes.

He might agree,if you try it out first wink

That seems a little short to me. smile
      One needs to consider lung capacity carefully.
      Some of them evangelical baptists have amazing lungs! lol

The submersion time or Pandas are short?    big_smile

Oh you were still typing lol

Sadly I only know one Panda, and don't really know how tall a Panda is supposed to be.

Sorry, I often add to stuff I wrote.

I reckon it's because of a short attention span and not enough neural connections in the old noggin.
          and......... as you know, hanging upside down off the bottom of a planet doesn't help!

1. recommend1 profile image60
            recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Panda's look shorter than they really are due to their cuddly roundness and lounging as a way of life  big_smile   

I thought 3 minutes was an apt time as that is what the BACies were still doing to so-called witches less than 3 lifetimes ago.

btw - I hope your back pain has eased off now ?

That explains a lot. but I still need to see one in the flesh.
              My back is miles better thank you! smile

38. Eaglekiwi profile image76

...Turn down the heat Lord, or better yet ,turn on the fans!

98F or 36C tongue

You seem to have jumped out of the fridge and in to the frying pan kiwi! lol
      No point goin home, you will freeze yer vitals! lol

Land of extremes -bloody hell lol

Yea I here ya re weather downunder ,bit nippy round the pipi ,lol

but least ya can add more clothes,with the heat ,theres no more to take off lol

True dat! To be a little more honest it is 22C in here! lol

But at some time I will have to go outside, but only as far as the car, then ...... come to think of it I only have to make it to the car before I'm warm again! lol

22C is pleasant conditions to me, good for working and sleepig. smile

25C Good

28-30 Great for leisure,kickin back etc

30-higher River ,beach weather

But well, weather is weather ..It is what it is.

That concludes todays weather report lol

So it's not going to be skiing where you are, or ice skating? smile
              You could try praying for snow! lol

He gave me a creative mind Earnest wink

Think I might fill the bath up with ice cold beer!!

Better to fill the bath with ice cold water and drink the ice cold beer I reckon. smile
                  I bought a six pack of Crown lager yesterday, the first beer I've had for a while........A very nice drop. smile

39. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 12 years ago

I dont beg him I just thank him for being there and let him deal with things and try to just live and be happy happy smile

40. daryl2007 profile image61
    daryl2007posted 12 years ago

I am so bad so hateful to God since I loss that someone special to me...but then i realize...i was wrong.... very wrong

http://worldwar42.blogspot.com

Who have you lost? How can you be so demeaning when I lost my son because God murdered him? Why don't you tell Him to come down and face me since you have His ear?

I am sorry for your loss, I have sons and I havent seen them for over 2yrs years ,to lose them completely is an unbearable thought.

On the flipside I lost my mother when I was 13yrs old,it was rough on the whole family and I miss her still. Disease killed my mum.

Frustration turns to anger and I can well understand that you have much to challenge God on!

Grief can be a suffocating and time of despair.

I am glad that you posted here.

Welcome smile

2. aka-dj profile image65

How does God murder people?

41. Eaglekiwi profile image76

fun game going on

will you be on the white t/shirt team or the black t/shirt team

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/79257?p … ost1717350

42. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I would never beg anyone for anything, not even God, not even for my life, or the lives of my children.  That's just where I draw my line.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)