jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Hold on and Pray!

1. Zynel profile image60
    Zynelposted 5 years ago

When in doubt, just say a simple prayer. Prayer is Powerful. Whenever I am faced with a problem or something is constantly on my mind, or I have people around me who does not think the best of me, I always repeat this, " No weapon formed against me shall prosper and every tongue that rise up against me in judgment shall be condemned" and I say it over and over until I believe it and I always feel much better. Just had to share this with my friends here. I always feel better when I know, that I have helped someone.

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find that closing my eyes and clasping both hands over my ears while clucking like a chicken accomplishes exactly the same thing, problem unsolved.

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find doing the same thing while farting profusely has exactly the same result. Isn't that amazing?

2. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Hi Zynel.

I agree that finding a way to put positive thoughts into one's head and absorbing them can be very powerful for the self and is a great motivator. And earnest loves to crack jokes. Watch out on the Religous forums for those who don't crack jokes.

Well read! I feel much better understood now! smile

3. Jonathan Janco profile image81

She's new blood earnest. She's still getting to know us. And A Troubled Man is new too and he looks like he's set to replace you. Perhaps a glimpse into Hubpages: The Next Generation. Or are we already at Hubpages: Deep Space Nine?

Good observations. I enjoy being replaced here, it has happened many times in the past, but sometimes I feel there are gaps I may be able to fill in the defence of logic and common sense. smile

2. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it includes a meal and drink tickets, I'd much rather offend than replace.

You're in luck! You will find plenty of people here who easily take offence  smile

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
          Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Seriously, being offended is like crack for some people.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image81

Logic and commonsense? C'mon earnest, there's an Education/Science forum for that.

5. Jonathan Janco profile image81

I take a fence between my yard my neighbor's. Sorry Zynel that we're ruining your entire thread, here. But if you just hold on and pray, somebody might come along and post some Bible quotes soon.
    wink

True dat!

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge!  Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD.  "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".   
      (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

There!

A nice soothing little something from the "good book" smile

6. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Here is a little something about prayer you may consider,

http://godisimaginary.com/i1.htm

working