jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How can we be truly good?

1. Freegoldman profile image61
    Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago

Iwaht are the possibilities......

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Goodness is created by each according to his own perspective.
      And somethings that are considered as "good", is only good according to one (person or group) and evil unto the rest.

Thus we see what is called good cannot be so because it does not work unto all for the same "good" purpose.
      So though it is called good unto one it is also evil unto another, thus it is not Truly good.

But True goodness is the good that works unto One and also works the same unto the all.

Thus we see the All becoming as ONE because of True goodness.
      So we also see the All takes one Identity and call Himself God.

Thus it is said and we have heard that "God is good".
      Because He can be nothing else except all that which is Truly Good.

Now to the all which is also One, Which is God, there can Truly be no Evil, for even the very perception of  Evil represent  breach in goodness, which represents division and thus that One which is God cannot be.

So thus the conclude.....Evil itself Cannot exist.....Except only by those with the perception of it.

Thus we also know that evil is no other thing than merely "the perception of evil" In and of itself....

2. 60
      ibneahmadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We should believe in the Creator God; pray to Him and worship Him; we should serve the humanity with love and should not harm them in any way.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

Well, according to the gospels; only God is good.

But, good is always being of the best character you can be when dealing with others. If you can accomplish that, I would say you are truly good. Whether anyone else agrees with it or not.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

The first rule of good manner is the consideration of others.

4. Tumbletree profile image59
    Tumbletreeposted 5 years ago

I suppose this was one of my strongest and earliest motivations...to be good.  Upon leaving one violent father for another, in my toddler years, my new stepfather put an invisible barrier between my mother and myself, it left me without a guide, and I search for some understanding to guide my own growth with, the word "good" came to mind, and I spent most of my life trying to understand how I can be good...only to come to the conclusion that I can;t be, and that it's an improper goal. Good and bad are relative, to the times, and circumstances, and no person should think of themselves as being "good," instead they should just do their best to understand the world and others, and to have the courage to do what they believe to be right.