jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

How many heavens?

1. Lets Learn profile image75
    Lets Learnposted 5 years ago

Islam believes in an afterlife heaven. Christianity also believes in an afterlife heaven. Are there two heavens? or they both are the same?

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Two sides of the one god apparently. smile

3. R.S. Hutchinson profile image89
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting. How so? smile

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image89
        R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well I'm not one to get into relgious debates... so I trust you just genuinely would like to know why I gave the answer "3". In a nut shell... there is the Celestial Glory, Terrestial Glory and Telestial Glory. Different degrees of Heaven as mentioned by Paul in Corithians.

Of ocurse, it's all only a matter of interpretation.

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

They are the same because Christians and Islams believe in the same God, they just have a different version of heaven. smile

1. aguasilver profile image86
      aguasilverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually there are many Christians who would dispute that they share the same God with the Muslims, as Allah is viewed by many as a desert god, not at all equal to the God of the bible, and when you compare what Allah has supposedly told his followers to what is recorded in the bible, new and old testaments, you see a different 'hand' at work, similar but not the same style, not the same author.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I think heaven is a condition, not a place. It is the movement of your consciousness from its physical trappings. Heaven is little more than how we imagine the afterlife. The imaginary place we see reflects the way we view the rest of humanity.

If we seek to seperate ourselves in some superior manner, we see the continuation of this train of thought continuing for eternity.

If we don't, there is no heaven and hell. Simply a rejoining. Each will retake their place within the beginning.

6. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

42, the same as the meaning of life, the universe and everything wink

I knew that! lol

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lollollollol

Nice ta see ya Earn! How ya doin? big_smile

I'm doin great! I had a fabulous day. smile
          I hope I find you in the same dire circumstances as my good self. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
            kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am good, just killing time atm, hubs needs some paperwork taken to the council but hasn't printed yet so just spinning my wheels till he has it all together for me to take for him. Got a camping trip coming up before to much longer so there is planning to think about there. All in all I am pretty groovy, enjoying my summer holls big_smile

Nice!
              I wish it was summer here! smile

I hope you have a wonderful camping trip. smile

7. profile image0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 5 years ago

There are many religions and hence many Gods. So, it is obvious there are many heavens.

1. Lets Learn profile image75
      Lets Learnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So will they communicate with each other? If so then the whole purpose of heaven is lost

8. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Zero. wink

working