jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Sunday Night Discovery Channel special should be interesting

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 5 years ago

Steven Hawking will be on a special this sunday night on Discovery Channel, called

Did God make or not make the Universe?

would be interesting to read comments after it airs.

1. aka-dj profile image80
      aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm guessing he will confirm that God did NOT make the universe.

Let's see. big_smile

2. 61
      ibneahmadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What branch of science it is that he wants to speak on it? Will he speak only as a lay man speculating on the subject?

3. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It looks like they'll be airing an improvisational comedy troupe right afterward.

Hawking’s episode is entitled “Did God Create the Universe?” It’ll be followed up by a roundtable panel discussion at 9 p.m. EST/PST featuring well-known theologians who will challenge Hawking’s positions.

http://realscreen.com/2011/07/29/discov … z1Tbd1bOqs

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Well, what I have heard about this particular individual and some of the statements he has made in public, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Why? Because, he is of the understanding that there is no need for the existence of a god. So, his conclusion will be that no god created it. lol

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you suggesting he knows more about the universe than the ancient goat herders, Ray?  lol

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Naw...I wouldn't do something like that Randy. lol lol lol

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Yeah what would Hawking know? lol

4. getitrite profile image80
    getitriteposted 5 years ago

Hawking's first has to determine if there is a being as such, then, conclude which one, out of the infinite amount of possibilities, is, POSSIBLY, responsible for creation.

My money says that it will be concluded that there is no need to introduce a God into the creation of the universe, at this time.

5. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

To anyone like me, who tuned in last Sunday night to find Shark Week kicking off; this special is actually airing tonight on Discovery.