The beast ?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I started to just post this on another thread, but then ?

Church teaches that a Antichrist is going to create a false religion in our near future.
       And the things that this new religion is Going to Do, Wow?

It is said that it will create a doctrine of religion that if possible, will fool ever the elect.                        The most knowledgeable might fall for.
      So don't Ya think that it will be using Gods word, but "interpreting" it so that its followers will think they are doing Gods Work, calling that which is good... BAD, and that which is bad .. good.
       In a world with 10s of 1000s of interpretations,?,  I'd bet my money that this process has already begun.
       It is said that this false religion will form an alliance with big government.
       Together they will attempt to do away with all true believers, causing it's self to become supreme.             This will be done through persecution and death.
       We won't be able to get a job unless we become a member of this faith.
       We won't be able to buy or sell property unless we are a member of this faith.

Tribulations will be our only possession;  â?¦   Unless we buy this false religion.

I could believe that all of this will happen in our near future;  except for the fact that I read a history book.
    All of these has already happened once.
    Can it happen again ? But be worse next time?

I doubt it.

1. Ms Dee profile image85
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When are you referring to that it already happened in history?

Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good Day  Mss Dee ..  Always good seeing Ya on here.

In answer to your question
          When in 380 AD the Catholic Church was oficailly proclamed THE  "ONLY" church recognized by the Roman Empire, ALL other faiths were considered Blasphemers, and dealt with as sevearly as the law permitted.
          And who made those laws?
          Non Catholics were not permitted to own any kind o business, public office, or own realistate.
          Nostics and any other such religious sects that was a threat to the statis quo were hunted down and killed.  The entire Roman Empire had become a one world  (as it would have been considered at the time) ...  a one world religion which did gain controll of the government.

Most everyone knows of the atrosities committed by this religious establishment during the first 1000 years of its existance. 

But ....   Some adjustments were made and we call this the reformation.   That makes it all better ,  Or does it?

By this time the majority of its doctrine had been set in concrete (so-to-speak) never to be reexamined again.

One thing that most people do not consider is that this all began almost 300 years after Johns visions as recorded in the book of Revelation.
            It is my belief that Rev 13 describes these events which followed.

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Genesis 3:1  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.

The serpent represents Satan as you should know.  He used the word to deceive Eve because he is very convincing.  We can go through the Old Testament and find statements about his wisdom.  I am afraid many have fallen victim to this fallen angel.  His time is not yet up.

I was just thinking?  Scripture says satan has been at this deception stuff for over 5000 years.
           That is a long time to get the gameplan perfected  sorta.

How do we know if we have been decieved?

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would think if we have already been decieved, there is no way we would know it except God reveal it to us.

SirDent; Tis good talking to Ya some more.  And I think yours is a great answer.

People think I am delusional when I say that (I think ?) it was revealed to me about 12 years ago, when I was sent through ten years of UNINTERPRETING  that which was planted in my head concerning prophesy.

I know!  everybody has got their own story.

And I'm sticking with mine.

As seems to becoming too regular these days ...  Sorry my apearance in here is so sporatic.

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is blindness that cause a man not to see that the antichrist and his beast already have full authority and power of this world through it governments, rwligions, organisations, over every nation , tribe tongue....
      withn it,s fold are the elect, the sons of the mot high as they lay asleep awaiting their day of redemption because they have drank out of his cup, which keeps them i  this present state of slumber....

It is those who claim to see are those who are truly blinded, this is seen because they are trusting the doctrine od the antichristand his beast to show unto them the antichrist.

Nevertheless it is only the word of truth that can show the way and nature of the antichrist and his beast, and this word belong to no man except unto whom it belongs.....

I don't know if I understood what you said in the same way as you do ..    But I think I agree with every word. ?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

No church I know says the anti-Christ will form a new religion in the near future, or indeed any future.  That isn't exactly in the Bible.

So before we get all speculative, perhaps you would like to specify *which* church is getting all apocalyptic here?

Every Christian Church that I am aware of when preaching of "END  Times" talk about the "Little Horn" and the false religion which was given 42 months to blaspheme etc. etc.

And then the second coming is said to happen at the end of the 42 months.

At least that is the way I have always heard it.

edit  ..   seems like everytime I get on here something comes up.

be back after a while

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Every christian church that I know of" Might possibly be a little limiting.  I'm not overly concerned about the world ending in the foreseeable future nor are many of the Christians that I know

The crazy dude with the sandwich board screaming "the end is nigh" might not be the best representation available of Christianity... of course with some of the conversations I'm reading on these boards he is an amazingly apt candidate.

2. Jerami profile image58

And I agree,   it ain't biblical

3. Ms Dee profile image85
    Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

Jerami,

Came across this in a book:

God’s team    Satan’s team

Jerusalem    Babylon (Mecca? Or Babylon, Iraq?)
    Jesus Christ    Antichrist (Mahdi)
    7 churches    7-headed Beast from the sea (Sunni); 4th beast                   of Dan 7

Michael            Destroying angel from Abyss
    Other angels    Other demons
    Two Witnesses    2-horned Beast from the earth (Shia); “the false prophet”
    Victors    Beast worshippers
    Bride of Christ    Whore (Wahhabi, largest Sunni sect)

1. Ms Dee profile image85

It was supposed to be in two columns, but the formatting is messed up.

I gotta go sorry    can't help it   later.

2. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If it was in a book then it must be true roll

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yo Paraglider!  You look different.  Have you lost weight?  smile

1. Paraglider profile image88

Everyone loses weight in Qatar during Ramadan - not a lot of food available in the daylight hours!

2. Jerami profile image58

Good morning Paraglider

Since I've been here on BP I've attempted to express what the BOOK actually says rather than if it is true or not.
        I do believe there is "A" God. But that is just an opinion.
           I believe the people that wrote the stories in the bible believed them to be true.
           I know there are many  different interpretations for each verse in the bible. And many different interpretations of the book as a whole.
        This fact alone is its greatest detriment.

It doesn't seem like believers in the bible want to understand it in its simplisity. We need a "NEW" interpretation. A New and improved, more exciting interpretation.

We need to quit doing that. That is all I've been trying to say.

Hi Jerami - for the most part, I also agree with you that the authors believed that what they were writing was true, though I draw the line at Revelation which reads like the manic rant of a very unstable mind. I don't think, however, that there's a whole lot of evidence or reason to support these early authors' conviction. It seems to me very likely that they were just wrong about many things.

As far as the book of revelation goes, We have to remember that it was a vision or dream.

And IF we want to attempt to understand it, we do have to use some interpretation of the symbols that were sen.

Yep! some folks are going to sy  " but you said don't interpret any of it"

The interpretation which I speek of here ???   is only use those interpretations given by Gabriel in the book of Daniel for these same symbols; understanding that these two books are adressing these same beasts but in a different timeline.

When I read that John was caught up into heaven .... Jesus wasn't there or on the earth or under the earth, that he was someplace else.  And when SUDDENLY Jesus was standing there looking like a bloody Lamb as if it had just been slain, I supose that I would be "Interpreting" this when I say that this indicates that this happened immediately after the crucifixion (around 30 AD)    OR,  would I?
               I think that the book is saying; that around the time of the crucifixion, those things described in this chapter did in fact come to pass.

If I am interpreting a Leopard mentioned in the book of revelation to mean the same thing as Gabriel interpreted it to be in the book of Daniel; would this be MY interpretation,  OR Gabriel's ?   In keeping with that which is written in scripture.

Yes but if it is a vision or dream that has to be interpreted to be understood, then I'd be inclined to give it less weight than the books that purport to be narrative, not more. I think interpretations of Revelation have caused more suffering and distress through the centuries than almost any other comparable document.

I agree completly ...  Interpretations of this entire book have caused more of everything bad.
                   And I think that most everyone will agree that those interpretations held by "others" has caused, and still are causing many BAD things to happen in the world we live in tody.

3. Ms Dee profile image85

No, it is just that is a suggested alternative.

4. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 12 years ago

I seen the Beast once - I was recovering from alchol - he does exist, ask the pink elephant that was standing beside him in my sitting room smile

1. calpol25 profile image60
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Irish you get worse lol lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)