jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (39 posts)

Christianity

1. jean2011 profile image81
    jean2011posted 5 years ago

Do you believe that Christianity is more than a religion, it is a relationship?

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image84
      LeslieAdrienneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.

jean2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I share your view, it is a relationship.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image83
      IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

Yes.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

It's wild because the Lord is a friend, father, brother (in the form of Jesus, yet our Lord at the same time..), companion, leader, God, comforter, judge, Savior......the list is long.  He's not just a distant acquaintance that makes us worship Him.  He wants our Love.  Quite a relationship,  like none other.

I agree with you Brenda, it is a very special relationship, and there is no other like it.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hes all of the above smile and Im so glad He loves me .

4. A Troubled Man profile image60
    A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago

Call it whatever you like, Christianity is still a religion and always will be one.

Thank you for your response.

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image84

Hi TroubledMan...
      I don't think the question was whether or not Christianity was a religion or not. That is an established fact.... the question was whether or not it was more of a relationship than a religion.

We who have a personalized relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ do actually know Him. We cannot explain it clearly because we do not have the words for it.... That is why we declare it as our relationship more than our religion.

Perhaps you will one day get to know what we know and then you too can say that it is more of a relationship than a religion.....  smile

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
        A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I doubt that very much as I don't buy the notion of anyone having a relationship with a god. Sure, children have relationships with invisible friends, but that doesn't mean the invisible friend is actually there.

You have religion, the relationship part is a load of beans.

So you say, but you don't know, Your last statement is a presumption on your part based on the limitation of your knowledge.

From your post you admit  that you are making a choice to believe what you choose. Just because you choose to "not buy the notion", doesn't mean that the "notion" is not a reality.

We can counter all day long and get nowhere... If you are interested in some non-biased scientific valid information about Jesus and His resurrection look into Simon Greenleaf

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
            Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bogus.  Greenleaf starts off with the premise of 4 gospels being true since there is no proof of them being forgeries.  Even though he had no original documents to examine nor knew the author's real identities .

One may claim the same for even older documents than the bible possesses with these older documents purporting to name other more diverse and kinder gods which easily predate the bible.

Do you have any proof that the 4 gospels are forgeries?

I don't have any evidence they are not.  Do you? 

You recommended Greenleaf as some sort of evidence backing up your opinion.  His assuming the books and unknown authors were factual negated the rest of his so-called examination of the works.  I could do the same for much earlier gods, but my assumptions would be no more based on truth than those of Greenleaf.

This is another example of religious followers willingly accepting vague and often slanted opinions to make themselves feel better about their beliefs.

You brought it up... not I. I don't need proof, you do.. (You know, you are not very good at this)

I told you we could go back and forth on this all day and get nowhere. You are established in what you think and, I am established in what I believe.

It doesn't matter what you say, what you do or what you believe. Nobody cares either way.

So, your next counter will be an attempt to insult me... go ahead.  It won't mean a thing and it won't change anything. I'll just leave you with this, Jesus loves you....

"We can counter all day long and get nowhere... If you are interested in some non-biased scientific valid information about Jesus and His resurrection look into Simon Greenleaf"

Shame on you Mr. Christian. The above quote came from you and I indicated where Greenleaf started off with a false premise.

Wrong again honey pie.  You are not established in your belief, but simply indoctrinated into it.  Probably since a young age like most fundamentalist cult members.

And now you pretend to speak for those other than yourself.  Who exactly gave you permission to express the thought of others here?  Your answer will tell a lot about your though processes.  No surprises I'll wager.

There's no need for me to insult you dude, you manage that with no help from me.  And if Jesus loves you, I don't want his type of love for me.  I don't trust his discretion.  smile

3. aka-dj profile image77
      aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's like saying marriage is nothing more than a piece of paper.

1. A Troubled Man profile image60

I fail to see any connection there.

1. aka-dj profile image77

I'm not surprised.

If you did see the connection, you could also understad the difference between the two concepts.

2. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

DJ do tell me you are not claiming that christianity is not a religion?

1. aka-dj profile image77

Draw your own conclusions.
          I know what (and Who) I know!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
            Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amen!

4. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The relationship is real. Any and all things beyond this, is what religion is made of.

In your mind it may be real, Jerami.  The same as the other ancient people had a relationship with Baal, Jupiter, Horus, or any other imagined god.  No difference in their relationship and yours.  smile  Do you accept this, or is your god different somehow?

1. Jerami profile image77

I don't know about the god being different or not!

Maybe it is all ME,   Maybe I'm different?

Randy, Are You diferent?

I suppose so, Jerami.  I don't hear any voices from omnipotent invisible deities wanting to possess my soul in heaven for eternity.  I also don't feel a need to believe things which there is absolutely no evidence for. 

I also don't believe stuff in an old plagiarized book just because some preacher tells me I should.

Wait a minute...maybe I'm not so strange after all!  lol

Maybe you arn't  ?.

I think that you know a little about what I think....   maybe enough to know I agree with you a little bit on some things but not ALL.

Sure Jerami, just not on what constitutes solid evidence.  lol

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image84

Jerami,

Stand your ground... be not swayed. Jesus is Lord!

LeslieAdrienne thank you for your support.
                  I do know that Jesus is Lord!  And I do stand my ground for what I believe.  There are some things that the atheist in here are saying that I do agree with, and much that is totally wrong.

I am a combination of being a pretorist/historist for very few of the reasons that they use for their rasoning.

In my opinion, every one gets carried away with  interpretational skills even preterest and historists.
                  Thus missing the most important part.

I myself have never meet a historist or a pretorist, Therefore my belifes ate mine alone. 

It seems as though 99.9 % of the worlds population is either Futurists and Atheist or Hindu.

Sometimes I feel like I am standing on the fence that separates the people that are throwing rocks at each other. 

99.9 % o the world disagrees with my beliefs.

But I am OK with that.   A lonley voice crying out from the wilderness.

2. A Troubled Man profile image60

That's great, so is the definition of religion, which is what you have.

5. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 5 years ago

Religion is all it is.

6. jean2011 profile image81
    jean2011posted 5 years ago

My experience has allowed me to say that Christianity is a relationship and not just a religion.

working