jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Deja vu.

1. aurimas profile image61
    aurimasposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone. A few days ago I was sitting with my friend and chating when suddenly I felt that this moment were in the past, but really this conversation were first time. It is Deja vu. Have you ever felt that feeling? And how it was?

1. princess g profile image61
      princess gposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sure, I have it all the time. It's pretty cool.

2. aurimas profile image61
      aurimasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Also, you can watch one of my favorite film called deja vu. There is a good subject and good actors. One of them D.Washington.

3. pennyofheaven profile image83
      pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Being fully present has that effect sometimes.

2. ubanichijioke profile image49
    ubanichijiokeposted 5 years ago

It has happened to me. I remember sometimes when i write[fiction poems] i feel like i ve really experienced those events exactly the way it happened[but i know within myself that i ve never had the experience before]. . .

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

My conclusion on this from experience is that one dreamed the thing earlier and forgot it, and so when it really happens, it seems like it happened before.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
      Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, that happens to me several times a week.

2. aurimas profile image61
      aurimasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with your idea knolyourself.

4. forall profile image59
    forallposted 5 years ago

Yes, I felt so many times before. By the way "deja vu" is a French word originally wrote like this "déjà vu". And it means "already seen".

5. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

As much as the idea of deja vu appeals to me, as much as I'd like to find evidence of reincarnation, as much as I'm willing to bend over to give the whole concept the benefit of the doubt; I've never experienced it. Nor have I met anyone credible that says they have.

6. tshivley profile image59
    tshivleyposted 5 years ago

I have a strange account of deja vu.  I have dreams at various points of my life where I am doing something that is in no way connected with my current actions in life.  Years later, I will feel deja vu while doing something, and I remember that I dreamt that I was doing just this thing years earlier.  For example, when I was deployed to Iraq I had a dream that I was sitting in a class drafting out a building and having a weird conversation with fellow students.  Considering I was still in the military, and was looking to get into psychology as soon as I got out, it was very much out of the ordinary of possibility.  I am now a student of Interior Design and was sitting in a class drafting out a loft floor plan having a conversation with a fellow student about a weird experience she had the other day with an emotional teacher.  I felt deja vu at that moment.

Unfortunately, deja vu is like anything else that deals with the human brain and consciousness, thoroughly unexplored, misunderstood, and ultimately misdiagnosed.  Because deja vu is such a fleeting experience and not everyone (like the previous commenter) experiences deja vu, scientists cannot create any type of test to attempt to understand it, or give it validity.  However, like dreams and other one-person experiences, people do feel deja vu, far too many to be simply waved away because it isn't understood.  When scientists develop the abiltiy to study consciousness in a living being, then maybe we will have some answers.

Not sure if this helps, but here are a few cents.