jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Share you dreams

1. Jonathan Janco profile image83
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Lately, I've been having some crazy dreams. I've even been waking up wondering whether or not it is still happening. I've been asking myself a lot of deep personal questions lately so I suppose I shouldnt be surprised.

Anyone else been having unusual dreams at night? If so, I'd love it if you shared them.

1. cejae profile image60
      cejaeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some years ago when I was going through some realy big changes, i had lots of dreams that I would wake up wondering about.  A good  therapist encouraged me to write my dreams down and then try to figure out what the symbols in them meant to me.  This really helped me underestand all the changes that I was not only facing but sometimes resisting.  A couple of examples are - I dreamed that a gang killed my family - I realized I was working on creating my own set of values and they were not always those of my family.  Another dream - I lived in a glass fronted house and everyone could see in.  I realized that at that time I was feeling very vulnerable in my life. 

I think the deep personal questions you are asking are being answered in your dreams.  write them down and then think about what they mean to you - not some generic dream interpretation - but what they are saying to you.  Dreams are full of symbols that you will have some  emotional response to .  Hope this helps.

Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was writing them down, but since they've recently become easier and easier to remember I haven't bothered. Like last night I dreamt I was in Austrailia and saw two suns in one side of the sky and six celestial bodies in the other side of the sky that kept turning into firework designs. Also the bridge on the highway up ahead kept turning inside out. The bridge seems to symbolize a leap of faith I need to make that appears daunting or impossible (especially since I saw others crossing the bridge and getting caught in the turbulence and were somehow ok, even though it looked from my perspective as though they would be decapitated), but the suns and the fireworks and the idea that I was in Austrailia were all symbols I had never dreamt before. Either way, its definitely  worth some thought.

1. cejae profile image60
          cejaeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Jonathan:

I thought  about your dream with the planes and going back into your bedroom and the phone call from the telemarketer.  Now this dream where you are in Australia seems to bear out whaat I thought from your earlier dream.  So I will tell you what I see - bear it mind I may be totally wrong. 

It seems to me, from what you have said about something deep inside is going on, that you are up against a decision that will take you out of your comfort zone.  Your bedroom being the comfort zone to you.  If feels like to me that you are just about ready to make an important move in your life. 

The planes and the bridge in Australia tell you that you believe there is danger in stepping out in this new direction.  But the fact that even in your bedroom you received the phone call from the outside world says that even in your confort zone you are not completely safe and may be ready to give it up.  Also the fact that some people made it across the bridge says you see the danger in the leap of faith as more a preception because others have made the same leap and succeeded. 

During the time I was dealing with my dreams, I came up against walls that I had to break through in order to go to the next stage of growth.  Maybe you are up against a big wall that you are resisting going through and your dreams are telling you that you are getting ready to go on to the the next stage of growth and get through this wall. 

This is all I can offer  and this is what these dreams would have meant to me when I was struggling with some personal things. 

I send you wishes for the wisdom and courage to do what you are being led to do in your life. 

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

You should share one of yours first. Get the ball rolling. smile

3. teacherjoe52 profile image58
    teacherjoe52posted 5 years ago

I keep a dream diary. The dreams are recorded as soon as I wake up. The vivid dreams come true in two days. What is your record, just curious.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image83

Let me start with one of the simpler ones.

I am in my bedroom. I hear on the radio that China is at war but I dont know with who. It's not with us (U.S.). I hear a lot of noise outside and go out on to my porch and I can see through the roof. But the roof is there still, I just see through it. There are military planes in the sky. I think they are enemy bombers so I just close my eyes and say, "I forgive everyone, and I hope they forgive me." Then I open my eyes and I realize they are our own fighter jets. So I go back to bed and lay across the head where the pillows are because this is the only way to keep out of the line of sight through the windows. I'm still scared but try to remain calm. Then, the phone rings. I assume because its late at night that its my friend Justin who would be the only person calling my land line so late. I feel that a comfort of a friend's company would be just what I need so I leap up and answer it. But its a telemarketer. And the telemarketer talks rudely to me for hanging up on him a day earlier. Then, I wake up.

1. 0
      Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So, what do you think it means?

Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, I believe in the metaphysical take on dreams that we all have personalized dream symbols. For me, being in my bedroom signifies my comfort zone, and if there is turmoil happening outside of my bedroom it means I am afraid to get out of my comfort zone. A telemarketer for me is an invader (both in dreams and in real life) whereas lying across the head of my bed is something I do if I wake up so hungover I cant lie back down. I do this so I can sit up against the wall and sleep at the same time. As for the planes, I think it meant that there is something in my everyday life that I fear, but realizing they are our own fighters tells me I need to realize there is nothing to fear.

So, what do you think yours means?

1. 0
          Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mine bothered me really bad all day until about lunchtime when I realized it was only a nightmare because I woke up too soon. The guy wasn't in jeopardy of being burned alive, the flaming paper didn't  represented anything more than words.

I think the man in the pit was someone I had argued with on the forums, a fundamentalist with a hard take on things. I think the burning paper in my hand represented my words during the conversation. And the figure was from the spiritual realm.

When the figure embraced him, it was trying to make him aware of the words. And the man was grumbling because they were making him uncomfortable, but he didn't want to acknowledge that fact.

The funny thing is, I haven't seen that guy on the forums ever since.

5. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

My dreams are mostly ones of just survival. And that's the way it is... smile

6. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

Ok. I'll share one. Mine are always pretty bizarre and don't mean anything, but this one did.

I was standing outside. It was night. There was a man in a pit, mumbling while he was steadily digging. The pit was grave shaped, but one side sloped so that he could easily walk out.

There was a figure sitting Indian style at the top of the slope, outside of the pit. It was human form, but I knew it wasn't human. It didn't appear to be aware of the man, or me.

I had a thin piece of paper in my hand and it burst into flame and I tossed it into the air toward the pit. It fell in and the man kept digging and mumbling. The paper drifted down into the pit and I was a little upset because it didn't have any effect on the man.

The figure then drifted down into the pit and even though I couldn't clearly see, I knew it  picked up the flaming page and embraced the man; holding him tightly with the paper in between them. The figure was able to make the paper continue to burn without being consumed by the flames. The man started grumbling in slight discomfort and I became afraid that the paper would burn him. I was afraid if the figure held him long enough it would do permanent damage, but I was too scared to walk to the edge of the pit.  And then I woke up.

7. Jonathan Janco profile image83

I'll share one more then I've got to go out for the evening.

I'm in my house in the kitchen/dining room. Its a family reunion of sorts. Other than members of my family there are two women in my house. The one I've really liked for a long time is on the porch. Her friend who openly detests me is in my living room. They are both on the phone (probably with each other but I dont know for sure). I go out to the porch and for some reason I immediately hide. I suddenly realize she is under the porch but in real life there is no under the porch because its all solid concrete. Then I realize the door to the porch is no longer there. Not that the door is missing I mean there is no way out. then my cousins start pushing each other through the screens cuz theres no door. Then I suddenly warp through the wall back into the kitchen. The phone rings. Before I answer it I see the woman who was on the porch trying to open the door back into the kitchen but cant. Then I answer the phone and a female voice says, "I'm gonna get you for that". Then I look to the door where she was and now she's gone. I look at her friend who is still in the living room and she says, "how do I get out of here", and I say, "easy, just pretend you didnt show up in the first place."
    Then I awaken.

1. tshivley profile image61
      tshivleyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

One rather unscientific reason for the really bizarre dreams, especially if of places that feel real, whether they are or not, is astral traveling. Leaving your sleeping self and traveling anywhere. There isn't really any reason to do so, it just happens.

8. Jonathan Janco profile image83

Thanks cejae, I think you are more or less right and I think this involves more than one thing in my life. I will have to give the matter some more thought though but thanks for the input.