Gennsis Chapter one verse 26

1. platinumOwl4 profile image44
    platinumOwl4posted 5 years ago

Can someone explain the following.

And God said, let us make man in our image, after out likeness: My question is who is this us? If in the beginning it was God doing the creating who is this Us?

1. JEDIJESSICUH profile image85
      JEDIJESSICUHposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well God is the holy trinity, right? Father, son, spirit. Perhaps that was the us? I'm not sure, but it's my best guess.

2. 61
      passingthewordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

john 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
      who is the (W)ord?
      John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
      In Genesis the beginning he is talking about is the beginning of this earth age. let me explain.
      I am a Christian and i know the Earth is very old, older the 6000 years. Lets see what the Bible says about this.
      Genesis Ch 1 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.(period)
      2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
      The word "WAS" translates in the Hebrew (haw-yaw) which means "To become" So Versus 2 should be read, And the earth "became void.
      If it became Void there had to be something here that was destroyed. This show that some time pass between versus 1&2 (Could be thousands or millions of years)
      Psalms 104 talks about a flood that destroyed the earth and its inhabitance. This could not be Noah’s flood because Noah’s flood took months to recede. In psalms 104:7 God tells the water to recede and it receded immediately. It did not take months.
      In Genesis 1:28 God tells Adam to go and replenish the earth. If you are replenish something there had to be something there prior to this.
      In 2 Corinthians 12:2 It talks about John Being Caught up to the 3rd heaven age (Revelation 21 where it talks about a new heaven and a new earth.) This is after the Satan is thrown into the pit.
      So the First Heaven & earth age was when Satan tried to over throw God. That age was destroyed
      The second began with Adam.
      The 3rd will begin in the eternity when Satan is thrown into the lake of fire and heaven and earth is renew
      This earth age is possibly between 6000-13000 years old
      There is so much more info but this is a good conversation starter