Died in your dreams?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (43 posts)
  1. kittythedreamer profile image74
    kittythedreamerposted 12 years ago

Have you ever died in your dreams? You know how people say that "if you die in your dream then you'll die in real life"? Well, I don't believe this as I've proven it wrong twice. I've died twice in my dreams, and each time my soul leaves my body in the dream and shoots off into space...I don't exactly reach heaven or remember reaching an afterlife, but I usually come back to earth. Has anyone had a similar dream?

1. amanley profile image61
      amanleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have had a dream about someone dying, not myself though. BUT! My dream book tells me when you die or someone dies and you can identify the person it represents stopping and emotion for that person. In particular to yourself it could represents changes within you, changes you are making to your everyday life or it could be that you aren't letting certain emotions surface when maybe they should.

2. Knight6 profile image63
      Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

you are so close to what happens after you die it scary think of your soul as all the mermories you ever had and look at your dream now in it you die but your mermories and thoughts and essence of who you are continue look at your dream again and try to remember the emotions you felt and hopefully you will see what i mean cant give any more info then that for now....i had the same dream but happened before i fell fully asleep.

kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In the one dream, I die and I don't remember how I was feeling when it happened. But i know that I went to "heaven" and looked down on earth from way up in space somewhere and was talking to someone about who I wanted to be and where I wanted to live in the next life. In the second dream, someone shoves a knife into the side of my neck, and in it, I am sad but at the same time not too scared. Then I shoot up into space into the stars and am praying to god and thinking the whole time, "Yes! I'm going to heaven!" I was happy and thrilled, but then I got sent back to earth again.

3. TJenkins602 profile image61
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I got shot to death once in my dream.

4. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's an astral projection what you're experiencing. Pretty cool!

I thought so too, but I wasn't sure. I've had them before and I've even had a dream that I go through a whole ten cycles of life, death, and rebirth...which was pretty crazy and intense.

5. livelonger profile image85
      livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All the time. I then wake up.

As a kid, when I was either having a nightmare or just sick of the dream (it was repetitive or something like that), I would try to get myself killed so I'd wake up.

Now I almost never remember my dreams anymore, much less have control over them. smile

6. profile image0
      Chasukposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've died in my dreams many, many times. When I was a kid, I died in virtually all of them. I would die falling from high stairways, or die after being pursued by monsters.

Whoever "they" are of the unfounded claims, they are obviously wrong. :-)

7. LhouvieBlue profile image58
      LhouvieBlueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was a long time ago but thanks to my baby brother you wake me up. Now I enjoy life as it was to be.

visit my hub:http://lhouvieblue.hubpages.com/hub/Habitual-Traffic-Offender-A-Life-Changing-Event?done

8. nasseralabdali profile image60
      nasseralabdaliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think if I see myself close to die in a dream, It will be a sign for me to go back and quest deeply into the deeds and actions I did make. Simply saying, What you have in dreams is an inner recollection of reality and supernaturality; it leads you to step over challenges and have better future.
      Hopefully, if your soul leaks out in dreams, you live longer.

9. Paschelle profile image71
      Paschelleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I've died in one dream. I was in a car during a snow storm and the car skidded out of control and spun around until it hit something. Then after that I remember seeing only white, and then realizing that I was drifting with the snow and I looked down and saw that the car was against a guard rail and wrecked. I guess that was my soul floating above it all, but I didn't die in real life, as I am typing this up now. oooh. yikes)

10. LhouvieBlue profile image58
      LhouvieBlueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It'd no dream anymore.. One of the closest person in my life just died two days ago..I feel so lonely, how I wish it still was a dream but no I"m widely awake and feel so much pain..

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"I've died twice in my dreams, and each time my soul leaves my body in the dream and shoots off into space.." You are very lucky. This could be considered quite a gift. What I have always heard is that if you dream of yourself dying you will really die. Which they say is why you always wake
    up just before dying in your dreams.

Thanks, I am lucky and they are very enlightening and exhilarating dreams indeed.

3. Rehana Stormme profile image72
    Rehana Stormmeposted 12 years ago

I was killed in a freak accident while mountain climbing in a thick forest. I remember reading that dying in your dreams means you are being 'reborn' in real life. You have grown from your experience and have sort of become a new person. And that's the only explanation I'm having!

1. edhan profile image38
      edhanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In dreams, I am always got killed somehow. No matter how much superpower I have, in the end, I will still die.

I always tend to have dreams of ancient times where I will have skills in martial arts but in the end, I will still be the loser as getting killed by someone who is more superior than me. I had encountered the same fate over and over again in many dreams.

It was frightening at the moment of death as I will be abruptly awaken at that instant. I can feel my pulse of heartbeat rates going up.

2. kittythedreamer profile image74

rehana - I like that idea...being "reborn" in real life. That would make a lot of sense, as I have been more spiritual lately and seeing life from a different perspective...a more open and loving perspective.

4. David Warren profile image83
    David Warrenposted 12 years ago

I have had an unusually high number of dreams where I am interacting with people I've known well that are really dead. I also had a dream recently where I died and was talking to Jesus Christ which was extremely unusual as I am not currently affiliated with any religion nor am I religious. In fact the closest thing I have to belief in anything unproven would be that I very much enjoyed reading the majority of Stephen King's books. I had this immense feeling of euphoria while talking with Jesus in that dream but it didn't prompt me to "find" religion or any such thing. At best maybe a sense of hope but I'm not easily convinced of anything unproven.

5. melodyts profile image60
    melodytsposted 12 years ago

I never had an experience that I died in my dreams, instead I dreamt that our neighbor  died but in real life it didn't happen.

6. Vinaya Ghimire profile image79
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 12 years ago

Once I saw myself die in my dreams, and once I killed myself in my dream. I was taught a meditation method where you constantly see your self die. Perhaps I saw myself dead because in those days I meditated on death. When I decapitated myself in my dream, it was inside the temple of the Goddess I worshiped. These two dreams were interpreted by the psychic as my spiritual  achievements. But now these things never happen to me.

7. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

I have died in many dreams, often horrifically. One dream, I had been kidnapped and my captor poured gasoline over me and set me alight, I died and became a ghost. I had another dream of being shoved off a cliff. The fall was not painful but somehow fun, so when I hit the bottom my dream rewound so I could do it again, after that I went to the underworld. In the underworld the God of the underworld gave me a new body to go get revenge on the one who had killed me. I wound up being thrown off that cliff again. I have had end of the world dreams where I am killed by demons and my soul taken to hell. Since my soul doesn't belong there no harm can come to me but since I have seen its horrors I am not clean to go to heaven. I usually wind up friends with the Devil's mother in the kitchens and get really good at hiding. I had one dream where I was hit by a tsunami wave but when I should have died I spontaneously evolved into a mermaid.

whoa! sounds a LOT like dreams that I have, but even more intense. The mermaid dream is too cool...I would love to have that dream. As for the dream in Hell, yikes...that might've scared me, even though I don't necessarily believe in the "hell" that christians preach. Thanks for sharing. You're dreams are the closest to the question that I was asking. I guess I should've worded the question, "who has died in your dreams and gone further than the initial point of dying?" afterlife, etc.

8. Sandyjunep profile image60
    Sandyjunepposted 12 years ago

Wow  That is amazing, I have never died in my dreams, But I believe I was close to dying once while I was being operated on as I was watching myself being operated on and I knew after the operation some of the converstaion and my blood pressure dropping. It was amazing to go through it, was it real?

9. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 12 years ago

I've come close to dying in my dreams. When I'm very tired, I dream I fall asleep in a heap on the floor wherever I'm at, grocery store doesn't matter. lol.

10. night-furry profile image58
    night-furryposted 12 years ago

I have a dream about me almost dying. I was lying there with my relatives around me, I was feeling very fine, but then the doctor said i only have 10 seconds to live. my relatives started the countdown. I don't know what to do. I don't even have enough time to ask forgiveness for my sins. Then I remembered that the last thing I did was getting ready to sleep, then I realized I was just dreaming. When the countdown becomes zero, I woke up. I think 10 is significant, it could be days, months or years. During the 10th night i was so afraid I can't sleep, but I was fine. The 10th month is also scary but I'm still fine. This year will be the 10th year. I'm not really scared now and I don't think 10 was significant after all.

But do you actually die and go to someplace beyond death in the dream? That's the question I meant to ask.

11. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure if this is going some place beyond death exactly. I died in a dream when I was about 12, the only time I remember it happening. It's one of the best memories of my life. I didn't "go" anywhere though, I just knew and saw all things fading to absolute nothing and I kind of floated there in a grayness of no color, no temperature, no sound, no sights, absolute nothingness and then I wasn't there either.
    For some reason it was the most satisfying, calm, and peaceful feeling I ever had before or since. The feeling of happiness and total absolute peace lasted for days after I woke up.

1. Knight6 profile image63
      Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

TLMinut and kittythedreamer together have experienced what death has in store for us all TLMinut those feelings of "no color, no temperature, no sound, no sights, absolute nothingness and then I wasn't there either." that was your mind and body letting go of the phyiscal and was about to start the creation of your pardise made by you and your life experience few have got to your point and even fewer have gone beyond and lived.....................kittythedreamer came close but keep on trying you two to get back to that point because if you can go beyond that point in your dreams then a world will be open to you that will change your view on every single thing that ever was is or will be.................in your dreams your questions will be answered sorry if i am not making sence but it is so hard to descirbe or explian you two came so close dont back away and dont be afraid in your dreams you are in control you will not die.....

12. firechik211 profile image61
    firechik211posted 12 years ago

I can't remember dying in any dreams but I'm almost always running from evil people.  And it doesn't matter if my life is stable or a mess, I have these dreams a lot.  I think dreams are telling you something, but I don't think you'll die if you dream that you died.

If you dream that you die and you actually died, I would be dead right now.

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In psychological terms, those evil people you are running from in dreams are aspects of self!
      Your subconscious is trying to tune you in..... Time to self examine

13. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 12 years ago

I have had dreams where I am dying, but not actually to have died.  It is always some horrible disease, usually CJD that I am dying of in my dream.  It is always horrific and I wake up to get away from the dream.

14. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 12 years ago

I once had a dream, in which my aunt, who I don't actually know, collapsed at the top of a hill, and rolled down to the bottom.  I ran after her and said 'we need to get you to the hospital.'  Suddenly, a hospital appeared on the other side of the road, and my nan was there.  She had died a few years before, and she said 'I have been waiting for you.' 

When I awoke, the telephone rang and it was another aunt, who was trying to contact my father to tell him that their sister (the aunt in my dream) had collapsed at the top of her stairs and fallen down them and been rushed to hospital and was in a bad way.  It seems strange that I should dream about this aunt, considering I don't know her.  I don't know the aunt who telephoned either, and she has never rung before or since.

15. Menjia_Rose profile image61
    Menjia_Roseposted 12 years ago

When you die in your dreams it doesn't naturally mean your going to die in real life. To die in your dream means someone near your is facing death or close to death. The old saying is as follows," If you feel yourself falling and can't stop yourself before you hit the bottom then you die." You literally have to roll out your bed and hit the floor. Speaking from personal experience.

16. ananceleste profile image61
    anancelesteposted 12 years ago

I love when you post something this interesting. I have had A LOT of this kinds of dreams. One of them was actually quite disturbing. I was walking in the middle of a garden inside a school. There were people walking around the paths that connected the center of the garden. I reached the center and there was a couple of rose bushes making a cicle in the middle,so I stepped inside the circle to smell the flowers. When I looked up, there were a group of people sorrounding me. I felt an intense pain in my chest. the air was leaving my lungs and I could feel and hear my heartbeat slowing down.( It was avivid dream) Slowly I was falling down in the middle of the roses. As my last breath left my mouth, the colors of my sorroundings changed, the got brighter and crisper. Not one of the people there moved, or even flinched. they just walked away slowly. I was there, I was everywere. then I woke up. I have a problems with my heart. Two heart attacks and a stroke before I was 20. So, yeah its a real posibility. Who knows. I dont know about heaven, but I felt like I became part of everything. Does it make sense to you?

1. Menjia_Rose profile image61
      Menjia_Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the way you are feeling so sure makes perfect sense...your dreams actually prepare you for the unknown. The maze, roses, and the significant path your following. The people represent your family and friends  those that are moving, the circle  made of roses will be like a dejavu in your next life, and the people that have surrounded you but not moving are awaiting your arrival.

17. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

I've had deaths in dreams on a number of occasions. However, I always seem to wake up upon the instance of death. I've had a few dreams about being shot and feeling the impact of the bullett always awakens me. But the most memorable was dreaming I was an old woman and dying as someone who was presumably the old woman's husband begged her/me not to die as a warm fuzz overcame me and then I woke up.

18. profile image56
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

I can control my dreams at times, I have astral planed many times attempting to find out if it is more then a dream. So far its a mystery but I have left my body and observed other people, then woke up and checked on these people and it was on the money. Other times I end up in strange places and ask questions but I am unsure if I am creating the answers from these other people or sometimes people completely different then us. I have looked down and observed my own self sleeping. It can be a scary thing and sometimes you can become trapped in a dream. I have awoken myself and being awake I thought I was still in the dream, but woke up after running into the wall in my bed room. Once you learn these things you sometimes suffer from falling into a dream state when you do not want to be in that state. The result is a complete nightmare unlike the ones others describe. Imagine being a sleep but the whole time their is something in your home and you keep hearing it. Other times you are trapped not in a dream but somewhere in between and its not a dream at all but total mental chaos. It all started when I was young and I taught myself to wake up when I was dreaming. Then I taught myself what to dream about. Astral planing was simply a matter of adding the dimension of leaving my body and floating to where ever I wanted to go. What I did not expect was that it can also take you places not on Earth and places I never imagined as far as I know.

19. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I had my first death-dream just recently. I saw a nuclear explosion outside through the window. I dived to the floor. The blast hit. I woke up.

I wonder if that is what happens when we really die. We wake up.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Stop watching those LOST reruns! They'll mess with your head!

20. profile image51
    cgandaraposted 11 years ago

I was searching for answers about a dream I just had the other night. In fact, I'm more freaked out because I haven't had dreams at all recently due to insomnia and not sleeping enough to have them. I suppose it's best to tell the dream because I am not sure of what to make of it.

Everything was normal, just having a boring dream until somehow (not remembered) I died. After I "died" I snapped to a new world after experiencing no pain, in to a dark world that was like a marsh. There were weird creatures that lived in the water and I had to run from them. I ran in to people that I had known in high school (in first life) and have recently just run in to at the bar (in real world). These people had somehow died as well and we all began running from these swamp monsters in this... hell? Different reality? Different place.

We ended up coming across either a herd of these things or just a large one but what happened freaks me out more so, I was killed again! I was killed in my death world? Again, I snapped to another reality with no pain, it was just over. Each time this happened, it was like being lightheaded and gaining consciousness back. Like I had tunnel vision and quickly faded from one world to the next in delirium. Each time, I forgot more and more about what had happened previously.

This time, when I came to, another person from my small little group also "died" and "snapped to" and we looked around. It was a dark world again but instead of a marsh, we were on the shore of a black sea. We traveled along the barren shore, never looking away from the sea until we came across an odd town.

The town was made of large very modern, very boxy houses. People welcomed us but separated us and worked hard to keep us apart it seemed but denied trying to do so when confronted. They had rooms made for us with personal items that we remembered, or at least I did, from what seemed like a distant time (the first life). I kept feeling like something was wrong and not right and that these "people" were trying to brainwash me and make me forget something.

Then my alarms went off, the dogs started barking and someone was knocking on my door.. so I don't know what would have happened next and I've been too afraid to go back to sleep.

What does this mean? I've read about dying in dreams.. I've read about having many dreams about dying in dreams... but what about one dream, dying multiple times and feeling as if you're going deeper and deeper in to.. death?

21. jcales profile image55
    jcalesposted 11 years ago

Yes. I'd like to know the significance of almost dying in your dream and waking up.
    Is it a sign that you will avoid potential death situations in real life? I am more aware of getting into bad situations more than in the past.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)