Why is Christianity more valid than say, Greek Mythology?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (64 posts)
  1. profile image51
    Rabgixposted 12 years ago

There are an extreme number of Religions in this world, some dead and some alive. How can the followers of one religion be so sure they are correct?

I post this here because I come from a Christian family and they're constantly telling me that "Christ is the way and the light" and "none understandeth." That's all well and good, but that's not what Hinduism believes in. Does this mean they will go to "Hell?"

I think your religious beliefs are heavily dependent on where you are born, so how can someone claim they have found the way?

I don't prescribe to any religion, quite frankly I consider myself atheist, but it seems to me that logically, if you're going to follow any religion, shouldn't you follow the one that's the earliest?

I've always wondered this. Comparing Jesus to the deities in other religions, he just seems like the run of the mill life/death/rebirth deity to me which really isn't all that different from numerous faiths predating Christianity. So what's the deal?

1. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The deal is that Christianity became the official church of the Roman Empire and thus replaced the old gods as being "more valid". From what I've seen there's nothing that makes Christianity more valid than older mythologies.

2. daskittlez69 profile image78
      daskittlez69posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The three major religions of the world, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all Abrahamic religions.  They all have certain similarities. All are monotheistic, and conceive God to be a transcendent Creator-figure and the source of moral law,and their sacred narratives feature many of the same figures, histories and places in each, although they often present them with different roles, perspectives and meanings.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That the three major religions are Abrahamic makes one of them correct above all others?

I'm not following your reasoning; it would seem to be more logical to say that at least two of those are wrong and therefore it is more likely that paganism or something that isn't Abrahamic is probably the right one.

1. daskittlez69 profile image78

Personally I think religion is for the masses.  Do I believe in God? Yes  Do I believe in Christ? Yes  Personally I believe that all religions believe in the same God.  I believe that there have been men put on this Earth to let us know that there is a God. I know a lot of people will condemn me or disagree with what I am saying.  But think about this for a minute.  Even with all of the technology out there today, you can not do or say one thing that every human being on this planet will hear or see.  All religions steal from one another.  When a new religion takes over the people of an old religion that borrow dates and traditions to make it an easy transition.  Personally I believe that if you live a good clean and moral life, you ask God for strength and forgiveness then you will move on after this life.  But to answer the original question, I do not believe that any of the religions or churches in the world have it right, or at least have everything right.

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not really very knowledgable about paganism, but it doesn't seem to have a God at all in the sense that the Abrahamic religions do.  Greek mythology had so many of them it would be impossible to choose which one is the God of Christianity. 

The point is that religions vary so radically that I just cannot see the sense of explaining that all religions worship the same god.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
              DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Almost all Paganism has a start of Gods/Goddesses that have a singular start. Some Wiccan beliefs hold that the Divine (Goddess/female form, Spiritual aspect) created the physical world from herself. And after this, missed that part of herself and then created the God (male form/ Physical aspect) Which allows her to reconnect with the physical part of herself.

Most pagan beliefs have a Chief God or Goddess which controls (rules) all other gods. Other gods just maintain control of certian aspects of the human nature or earthly elements.

If you look at Greek or Roman myths, you will see that when the gods had a grief with one another, the human worshippers of those gods paid the price. This is a common theme, in various forms, in almost all religions.

3. Trish_M profile image80
      Trish_Mposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They can't.

Religion has been invented by humanity to fill gaps in our knowledge and to answer various needs.

It is unlikely that any of them is/are correct ~ in my opinion smile

4. LegendaryN8 profile image60
      LegendaryN8posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like this question.

There is a historical take that Christianity was actually a political move.  For instance, "pan" from roman mythology and the stereotypical attribution of the devil appear to look very similar.  When Jesus of Nazareth was brought into this world, the area would have likely been heavily occupied by the Roman Empire because of its political ties to Egypt.  Their presence there was likely unfavorable, and perhaps an individual (namely the one mentioned above) rose up to challenge the presence of the Roman Empire.  If I take what is written about him in the Bible at face value, he gained some political weight, and for that, the local Roman authorities killed him.

This story probably got contorted over the ages, giving an ordinary individual who merely wanted to look after the good of his people godlike status.

I'm in agreement with Titen-Sxull.

5. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The early Christian obsorbed many Roman pagan gods and gave them new jobs as arch angles for one. Some day, hopefully soon, Christianity will fade in the dust,

1. earnestshub profile image82
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If religionists would get a proper education that was a bit broader than goddunnit we could see an end to it, but that wont happen soon, they will continue to dumb down their offspring for another generation at least.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure it's the same in Australia, you'll notice that the large city populations are better educated. I just got back from a 3 week trip through the mid US and went through countless farm communities where the vast population still believe in these Christian myths and stories and have roadside billboards with Bible versus printed on them. These people hand down the same old myths repeatedly until their offspring accept it without question. Goes to prove that if you tell a lie, the more outragios the better, over and over again, eventually people will believe it. Instead of figuring out their surroundings with physical evidence, science, and even DNA, it easier for the mentally lazy and weak minded individuals to simply say "God made it" because they were told this by their parents, pastures, and friends since they were born these rediculous Bible stories.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
            MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that most Christians acknowledge the existence of DNA right?  I mean we don't all sit around with hay between our rotten teeth.  And I, along with many other Christians I know, actually are neither mentally weak or mentally lazy. 

To prove it:

I have never seen a Bible versus anything.  I do occasionally read Bible verses though. Are you saying you saw a bible fight?  I heard PETA had outlawed those.

I have no idea what an outragios is.  Is it a new kind of breakfast cereal?

And a pasture has never told me... or any other Christian I know... even the most overzealous... anything. Do fields speak to you often?  That's just rediculous... or maybe it is ridiculous.  You can judge better than me I guess.

I happen to live in one of those farm communities.  I am also a Christian.  Please, keep telling me I am mentally lazy and weak-minded. I love sweeping generalizations.

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol I love it. I almost responded a while back, just for the pasture comment.

I think, some atheists like to imagine everyone that doesn't agree with their take on things as backward because they are desperately trying to convince themselves that they aren't describing themselves.

The militant atheists tend to be intelligent, or at least fashion themselves as intellectuals.  As their intelligence is the ruler with which they measure their worth, it is hard for them to imagine that someone who uses a different measure might be as intelligent or even more so than them.  They just have different priorities. 

Militant religionists have a similar problem.  They measure themselves by their righteousness and strength of conviction.  As such, accepting a differing idea would be seen as a threat to their conviction and thus a reduction of their love of God.

Just my POV and just about the extremists on both sides.  I think most people fall  in the middle... or maybe a bit to one side or the other.

2. earnestshub profile image82

True dat! I live in a city of 4 million with world class universities and schools.
            Not too many of them are churning out religionists.
            In the country and outer suburbs of larger towns have a larger number of fundies in my country as well.

I agree with Melissa that not all country people are ignorant though, in fact many country folk here on hubpages are among the very brightest of people in my opinion. smile

Melissa may be religious, but is far from dumb. She is only moderately religious, and does not do the hard sell! lol

Melissa I have been on both sides of this fence and have nothing positive to say for religion other than the charities they set up, which I have supported for years without even meeting a fundy. smile
            All fundies do is spout nonsense and threats.

Awww thank you Earnest.  Although I should probably point out that I am extremely religious.  My "sect" just works from a different viewpoint than fundamental Christianity smile

I see good on both sides of the fence...  The charities are an extremely big deal to me, so I value them more than others (and you are right, I've not met many fundies but I have met an inordinate amount of Catholics for my area).  The scientific community is also extremely important to me.  I like things like medicine and electricity and planes that stay in the sky.  I am much more emotional than analytic however, and magical sky fairies amuse me more than beakers smile

Hope all is well with your family smile

I am big on the charities also, and the biggest in my city are probably the Anglican church where my son was a chorister for many years until his soprano broke in to what is sounding more like baso profundo. lol

I have never bothered to expand on my beliefs in all the years I spent there, and none of my church going friends ever tried to convert me.

We worked together real fine for the homeless and street kids until I left the inner city to be with my grandchildren in a suburb my daughter chose for their schooling. It is a big city. We are now about 25k from the city centre and still in the thick of it.
                Melbourne is probably bigger than NYC in land area. smile
                Thank you, my family are all fine, although I kept the twins home from school today as they both said they felt like vomiting, the older twin claiming dramatically that she was throwing up in her mouth in school.

I think I have probably just been outsmarted..........again!

My oldest did that too me so much that I initiated the "Blue, Bleeding or On Fire" rule.  Unless he could provide proof that he was suffering any of those conditions, he was going to school. (But grandpas are suppose to be a little more nice than mommies so you're fine)

I hope they feel better, vomiting in your mouth should be reserved for when they are older... and on blind dates.

lol lol lol

I can only imagine what these two will be like when they are older!

All the girls in this house are pretty controlling. smile

6. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Religions relate to time, place and cultural situation.
      It's that easy to understand.
      Any suggestion of general superiority is wrong and contradicts the true inner meaning of religion which is love, tolerance and compassion. This inner meaning is the real basis of religion.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Greek Mythology now there is an art form. I'll take that any day.

3. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

It isn't. Greek mythology informs consciousness as all good myths should.

It is when myths are seen as reality as in christianity and islam where things get crazy.

4. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 12 years ago

I have often wondered what happens to the old gods, when people forget them.  Do they go into retirement in Florida?  The fact that there have been thousands of gods worshipped over the past hundreds of thousands of years, would logically suggest that they are all the creation of the human mind, and have no objective reality. 

For a Christian, Christ is as real as was Thor, Wotan, Zeus or Apollo, yet these gods no longer have their followers.  And the geographical location of a person's birth will determine which god they believe in.  If you are born in the Middle East, then Allah is the main man, in Italy, then the Catholic version of Jesus and his dad are the big boys of the block.  If born in India, then the Hindu of Sikh gods are the real deal.  And, I've no doubt that if man exists for millions of years, that Jesus and Allah will be replaced by newly invented gods, and there will be those who will be willing to die and to kill for them.  It all seems rather silly.

1. profile image51
      Rabgixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is my point. I thought with the recent discoveries in science and the fact that there have been thousands of Gods and deities that people will realize the truth.

but no...

1. profile image0
        Holmes221bposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The reason why the discoveries in science will not change people's beliefs is because humans are the only animal which is aware of its own mortality, and we are afraid of it.  So, religion offers people a chance to escape the inevitable.  Science is seen in this light as rather bleak, because it screams the fact that death is the end.  So people put their fingers in their ears and carry on believing what they need to.  So, evolution, or the centrality of the Sun in our solar system is challenged, because man needs to be the centre of a universe made especially for us by God.  No science, or passage of time will ever change this.  Religion is here to stay.

2. earnestshub profile image82

You would think that location and ethnicity regarding religious roots is a no brainer, but both major religious groups will claim it was not.

I find that astoundingly poor logically.
      If one is born in a muslim country chances are very strong that one would be a muslim, and if in America (especially the bible belt) one will be christian........ unless an effort is made to think independently which seems to be rare.

3. daskittlez69 profile image78

How do you know that all of these Gods are not the same Gods or God?  People see things differently.  You and I could both look into the sky and completely give different accounts about what we see.  All the religions from around the world past and present could be speaking of the same thing, but we could be describing our "God"  or "Gods" differently.

1. profile image51

In that sense, we shouldn't hold the word of the Christian God any higher than that of Krishna or Zeus. However we do...

Yeah I know... ain't democracy grand?  The more people that believe something the more power the belief has.  Why do religions convert again?

1. profile image0

There does seem to be an innate form of bullying in religion.  When Christians were a minority, they were fed to the lions for the entertainment of the Romans.  Then, when the Roman Empire adopted Christianity, it became the turn of the Christians to kill pagans who refused to convert.  Religion, like politics is a way of some people having power over others.  I would have hoped though that in this age of science and democracy, such behaviour would have disappeared.  The fact that it hasn't makes me believe it never will.

Of course it won't.  It is the human condition.  It helps to look at it as an "alpha male" kinda thing.  Most pack animals (and humans are pack animals) have some kind of chain of command.  It's actually a little more civilized to do it through religion and government than to just hold someone down by their neck until they submit.  At least if the majority of people with power hold the same beliefs, then the majority of people aren't being repressed either spiritually or socially.  It's better than minority rule.

When the non-believers outnumber the believers then they will take power and society will run under majority opinion again.... until a new majority view emerges. 

It sucks for the minority until they are the majority... then it sucks for another minority...Elton John, circle of life yada yada yada.

1. profile image51

I agree with everything you just said, however now i'm feeling rather depressed...

Is humanity doomed? It seems the majority rule always seems to oppress others. Eventually things get better, but I don't think will come without war of some kind.

Humanity is no more doomed than it ever was.  That's what democracy is.  It is rule by the majority.  Each change of view moves us forward to whatever the next step is.  It's actually progressive believe it or not...

1. profile image0

Whilst I agree that democracy should mean the rule by the majority, I also believe there should be some nobler sense, which affords minorities the same rights as the majority.  Majority rule, although inevitable isn't always right, or even democratic.  Nazi Germany, for instance was rule by a majority, which denied rights and even life to many minorities.  Rule by the majority is good, as long as that majority is fair and accepting of those in society, who are considered to be different.

2. Cagsil profile image70
                  Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope.
                  War? Not likely, but is possible. However, it will not always be a majority rule kind of thing. The "majority" rules are part of the "might make right" ideology(the power of the majority). It wouldn't need to be that way, if more people were independently responsible more often than not. wink

2. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"We" insinuates that you are talking for everyone on the planet and that most certainly isn't the case.

Do YOU put it on a different level? If so, then ask yourself why?

I don't.

3. daskittlez69 profile image78

Who's we?  You mean all humans in the world are Christian?  That is very interesting!

4. Jeff Berndt profile image72
      Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"I have often wondered what happens to the old gods, when people forget them.  Do they go into retirement in Florida?  "

You might enjoy the Neil Gaiman novel American Gods. It kind of answers that question.

Neil Gaiman almost deserves divinity himself.  American Gods was amazing.

1. profile image51

What is it about?

Basically, people who came to the U.S. brought their Gods with them... all kinds of small gods.  And as people stopped believing in them they lost their powers and either died off on their own (including suicide) or started being killed by the new american gods.  Actually an awesome book. Anasisi(sp?) boys was pretty good too... but to REALLY understand where Gaiman was coming from you have to read Good Omens (with Terry Pratchett who should likewise receive divinity-although knighthood was pretty cool).

Both have excellent, sarcastic point on comical views of religion.  Gaiman is pretty right there in your face with them... Pratchett is more of a read between the lines (and footnotes) kinda guy.

Edited because I just realized how big of a geek I am.  Wanted to call myself on it before anyone else did... and while I'm at it *Yay Douglas Adams too!*

5. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

its not   Christianity   bit off Greek myth
    they stole it
    ray

6. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

I don't think the Greek Gods, or any other Gods really are any better than any others.  The Greek and Roman pantheon are still being worshiped today... as well as a crap pot of Norse deities, some Arthurian legends and demi-Gods, Egyptian Gods... and the list goes on and on. The difference is that they are being worshiped as archetypes and inspirations rather than the whole burning goat thing (although I'm sure it happens somewhere)

The big guys of religion just have more followers and are struggling for higher rankings... It's like the Google of religions.

The more followers, the more serious the groups seem to take themselves as their beliefs are being affirmed by others around them every day.  It turns into a "my team is better than yours"  To understand how groupthink at that level works watch any group of soccer fans fisting it out in the pubs after a game....  Multiply that by a couple billion.

Its the whole "persons are rational, people are a dangerous mob" thing.

7. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

Hades drew the short straw . he didn't want to tend the underworld.   both heaven and hell reside in the underworld in Greek myth all go before Hades for judgement .its a sucky job.
    ray

8. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I think there must be something inherent in us that wants to believe. I've sometimes wondered why monotheism won out, but I think it was probably perceived as a way to pull society together. A pantheon of gods seperates people, one God unifies. I think that might be part of what was on Constantine's mind.

But the conversion to monotheism of the masses was a little like clash of the titans. Minus the titans. And the clash. Monotheism circumvents the lesser gods by worshiping the unknown god that sits above them. Monotheism, in essence, raises man to the level of the lesser gods.

To worship the others, would bring man down a peg; or closer to the gods. Not sure which.

1. profile image51

That's an interesting theory. I've never thought of it that way before.

9. knolyourself profile image61

How can the rule of the Nazi party be considered rule by the majority?

1. profile image0

Because the Nazi party was elected by the German people in the 1933 general election, and most Germans came to support it, and joined the party in huge numbers, even the children became members of the Hitler Youth.  Just looking at archive film from that time, shows how many millions took to the streets to hail Hitler or throw flowers at his car.  There is no denying his popularity, even though many Germans denied that they ever supported him after the war, or claimed that they were just obeying orders.

10. knolyourself profile image61

If they knew everything that was going on and approved I will agree with you. However I would guess more like here in US where most people have not got a clue.

11. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

if Hitler realized his dream  wouldn't   earth be one nation?
    no one wants to rule the world these days.
    ray

12. knolyourself profile image61

It is a one world government right now and has been for 50 years.

I agree. Very messy, but interlocked. The condition of the American economy is felt world-wide, as are the problems in Europe.

In Australia our small economy gets heavily buffeted by the USD.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72
        Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah, sorry about that, Earn.

13. knolyourself profile image61

Specifically everyone in the world but maybe Iran, has to buy oil with US private banker printed money. That's got to be a world government or something.

Really?  I didn't know that.  Give me some linkage please smile

14. knolyourself profile image61
  15. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 12 years ago

The Jesus story was not exclusive to Him, but had been doing the rounds of the Middle East for hundreds of years.  For instance, the god Mithras, came to Earth to live as a mortal, and died to save us from our sins, and was raised back to life on the following Sunday.  He was born on 25th of December to a virgin.  His birth was attended by shepherds, and he came to be known as "The Light of the World."  He had twelve disciples, with whom he shared a last meal before dying, and because of this his followers ate bread and consumed wine to represent his body and blood.  Becasue he was the Sun god, his holy day was Sunday.  His followers gave each other gifts on 25th of December, and the religious head of his followers was called the Pater, meaning father whose HQ was on what is now called Vatican Hill in Rome.

16. lone77star profile image74
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Interesting question Rabgix, but you have to understand that Greek mythology was born out of events poorly understood and poorly transmitted to us because of an extreme lack of vocabulary. There is some evidence that the myth of Athena, for instance, is related to Plato's lost island of Atlantis. The legend of Cadmus and the dragon may be similarly related, as well as Medea and her dragon, and Cecrops who was supposedly half-man, half-snake (drakon, in Greek).

Medea and her dragon were from Colchis (modern Georgia) and they speak an agglutinative language there with affinities to Basque and Etruscan. There is some indication that all of these cultures were at one time matriarchal, which ties into the Metis-Athena myth. In fact, Georgian (Colchis) for "mother" is "deda" while "father" is "mama."

Could a very spiritual follower of Hinduism be following the "spirit of Christ" without calling it that? I don't know, but I suspect this might be the case. So many judgmental Christians would hate to hear this.

We each have a spiritual half and to ignore that "better half" is delusional. Just as delusional as fundamentalist's belief in a 6000-year universe.

I don't know if I will make it to heaven, even though I hunger for it and believe in Jesus Christ. I am still not "following" Christ, because I have not yet figured out how to "deny myself" -- to give up my precious ego. That's the toughest nut to crack.

So, yes. Christianity, as a method of spiritual awakening is far, far more valid than Greek mythology, and may be on an even par with Buddhism and Hinduism, but I'm not wise enough yet to know the answer to this.

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
      Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is almost all incorrect. Your grasp of the origins of Greek Mythology seem as poor as your understanding of the Christan myth.

"Spirituality," is a wholly internal and subjective experience. You wanting majik to happen by believing in Jesus Christ is a total waste of time and you demonstrate this with every utterance. The only thing you have correct is your massive ego and hubris is getting in the way of your understanding.

Christianity is all-but guaranteed to prevent your "spiritual" development and is far more a hindrance than almost any other belief system. It has no validity whatsoever, unless applied internally - which Christianity encourages you not to do. Greek mythology is far more valid than your irrational, ill thought out beliefs, because we accept it as myth - not majik, therefore we can learn the lessons it has to teach. All the time you believe in majik - you will learn nothing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)