all religions and all beliefs stem from one idea?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Knight6 profile image63
    Knight6posted 12 years ago

do you think it is possible that all religions and beliefs stem from one idea?humans being what they are i believe yes it all started with one idea that spawned them all they all tell the same story but in their own way so do you think that all religions and i mean everyone from the start of time right up to modren day ones all began with "one simple idea let run wild"??????

1. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is the premise of the book I mentioned the other day. That all religions are derived from one belief that was corrupted.

http://philologos.org/__eb-ttb/default.htm

Very interesting and thoroughly wide ranging exgesis of most of the ancient Mythologies, Theologies, Histories and legends.

2. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I give up. So what is the one Idea that you are talking about. I'd like to know this one idea.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I'm not so sure. I think each geographical group made up their own. smile

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

each new religion was created by the teachings of whatever alien visitor came to their village...

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3980593_f520.jpg

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Yes all religions and all religious beliefs stem from one location.

It's called "shock and awe", based on consciousness. Many are in "awe" of how things work and cannot fathom the understanding themselves, so they believe that others are incapable of doing it either.

It's called, pure irrational thinking. lol

5. Merlin Fraser profile image61
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

Of course all Religions stem from one idea, the idea of using fear and superstition to control the mind of the weak and gullible.

Given the humble origins of humanity, everything around them was strange and frightening, especially violent things like volcanoes, earthquakes, thunder and lightning storms especially if such things were close enough to cause death and injury within the community.  At the time it must have seemed as if an unknown being or power was stretching out and punishing them for some unknown transgression.

These fears were given names and became the early Gods of our ancestors,  rituals grew up to help appease these invisible beings, sometimes it seemed to work while at other times it didn’t calling for stronger and stronger rituals with the ultimate ritual being human sacrifice.   Of course, then as now it was not the spiritual leaders being sacrificed only some poor slob or hapless virgin.

Religion is a power thing, control by the few over the minds of the many, Fear is there tool, Fear of an unknown hereafter where you are rewarded if you are good (Conform to the will of the religious leaders while you are here on Earth) a punishment beyond imagination if you don’t.   Neither of which has ever been proved or substantiated by any organised religion anywhere in the world since the dawn of time yet the gullible still believe, or should that be conform ?

No wonder most depictions of religious icons are as Shepherds and their lambs.... How much less convincing if the picture was of sheep with human faces, which is far closer to the truth.

6. Knight6 profile image63

the theory is that some 10 and a half thousand years ago or there abouts a civilizations stemed with more knowledge then they should have had at that time and before aliens  come into the picture no it is believed that an evoltionary jump occurred like in eygpt 5000 years ago and the understanding they had was so strong and so good that they decided to travel the world to help others it was these incounters that started the religious beliefs and that is why they are all the same today just twisted by humans who wanted to control the population which worked sadly if they have better understand of the knowledge they were given the world would be much much different weather better or worse i can not say but there wouldnt be so much crap and misintrepation as there is now each to his or her own not what was mean to happen.
    for prove i have none except the oldest south americian civilizations craved statues of strange men with beards and pale skin they named them vircochas and said they came from across the sea in a time of darkness to restore civiliztion after a great upheaval of the earth.these strangers with different names crop up all around the planet in what was suppose to be prehistroic times

7. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Perhaps the unification of all things in heaven and earth.

8. Knight6 profile image63

unification of the human race all human being are connected by the one single truth and the theroy is this early civilization who spread out had it and shared it but because of human beings being what they are it got messed up and distored til it has become nothing more than a question "why are we here?"........................but the human race has the answer it is just looking in the wrong place........................

9. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

And yet another flicking back...

10. Nexis19 profile image59
    Nexis19posted 12 years ago

They all have similarities and they sould all be the same idea. Most of them have the idea of paradise and hell. It is possible that it all started with one idea and each different religion is just someone elses take on that idea. Its hard to know as there is no evidence (that i know of please correct me if im wrong) to support that theory but it is a very interesting one all the same.

Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

nexis 19 read a book called "fingerprints of the gods" by graham hancock it is an eye opener and recommend1 this is not about rapture or aliens the fact is that any alien life forms out there have not made contact with us for the same reason we havent none of us are that advanced yet as for the foil hats i will take a dozen andrewwilliams63 thank you for your reply and you should have a read of the same book it is very interesting they are not different religions when you look closer at them they all content very like ideas which is too much of a coincidence ie all religions talk of a great flood all religions have a saviour or prohet that walk among people.
      TMMason i am sorry i did not relize you had talked about this type of subject earlier and thank for the link i will read the two babylons as it seems very interesting and something which would increase my own knowledge.
      dave mathews the one idea is understanding..........understanding life death the world around you other people yourself it is the understanding of ones own ablities and how far you can take them to better understand why we are here and to better all your fellow man and woman and all things it really is hard to put in words it is something you feel or sence it is lodged in the human mind and has been there since the beginning of everthing

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The reason that no alien life forms have made contact with us is that if there are any out there ( and I am sure there must be) the distances between us are an insurmountable obstacle.  The light from stars obviously travels at the speed of light and what you see is millions of years old already by the time the light gets here.   Radio waves are slower than light. 

This simple obstacle is why humanity is desperately trying to find ways to bend time and light so that we can find a short cut that would allow travel to the stars.  The lack of alien visitors would indicate that no other intelligence has found a way over this obstacle, or there are none, or they have no desire to meet a murderous bunch of psycopaths that send all their time trying kill each other.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Radio waves travel at the speed of light in a vacuum, just like light.

11. andrewwilliams63 profile image59
    andrewwilliams63posted 12 years ago

I personally think there is a lot of truth to this idea, i have heard a lot about different religions borrowing ideas from each other.

12. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

Tin foil hats going cheap, $10 for 3, limited time only.  Full anti-rapture glare protection knitted in, and with stabilisers for use in alien abduction or ascension on a windy day.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's good the price is down, you should be able to sell them in bulk on this thread! lol

2. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think tin foil hats should be the newest fashion. I plan to wear mine with my new power balance bracelets. roll

13. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

The stem you mention .    "truncus encephali"
    ray

Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

clever use on words aware but you are correct the human mind is where it all began i am impressed

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)