jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

How is your process to forgiveness?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago

How do you go about saying that you are sorry for something that you said or did.

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image87
      Slarty O'Brianposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I admit having done it and try to make restitution. Then I promise myself not to do it again and do my best to see that I don't.

2. Jerami profile image78
      Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

right streight off thA batt ...    90% of thA time ..?,,  What ever it was that somebody did,

By this time next week,   IF it don't still  matter?    It never was worth gittin "wrilled"  up about it in THA first place.

1. Jerami profile image78
        Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And if it takes longer than that for Tha hurtin to quit hurtin ...
        then that is when the forgiving is to begin.

3. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I say, " Please forgive me if I offended you."

4. lizzieBoo profile image79
      lizzieBooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The question doesn't make sense. My process to forgiveness is fine thanks. How is yours?

1. 0
        Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know lizzieboo. Your process to forgiveness on issues involving poorly worded questions might need a smidgen of work. smile

1. lizzieBoo profile image79
          lizzieBooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

quite right. I stand corrected. smile

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I forgive myself and learn from doing whatever it is done or said. wink

I've no need, want or desire, to be forgiven by others. If they are not going to forget about it, then asking them to forgive me is a complete waste of time. wink

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

It takes a lot of courage and humility to say forgive me.. it has been hard to do it, especially when you are not wrong..but I have learned that to be forgiven and to forgive brings you a peace that is beyond all understanding.. I never have regrets.. i say sorry and i move on.. in love.. makes me stronger every day!!
    It is such a beautiful world and all of creations is beautiful.. harmony or peace is what brings this beauty to the fore.. thanks for asking smile

4. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I say I'm sorry as soon as I realize I am wrong, or as soon as I am aware that I have inadvertently offended. Because the longer I wait, the more my actions hurt another human being.

I rarely ask to be forgiven. That's presumptuous. It is up to the individual I offended by my actions to determine if, and when, they will forgive me.

5. recommend1 profile image69
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

I am against forgiveness in general - it is against any logic in correcting behaviour.

The western idea of it comes from the christian cop-out that allows catholic priests to molest children and then get forgiveness, it allows the new cult christians to rip everyone off and then seek forgiveness, also daily life every little misdemeanor can be wiped off by getting on your knees and dribbling out some nonsense.

I am for manning up, admitting misdemeanors and getting the punishment that goes with it.  Forgive me 'cos I have sinned by lusting after my neighbours wife is a cop-out, a broken nose is far more effective and leads to a lasting change in behaviour.