Extraditing the 'Miracle Baby' Pastor back to Kenya

1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

I am gobsmacked by this story. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar … 9624deb.b1

This guy is supposed to have told infertile parents that he could help them get pregnant through prayer and have 'miracle babies'. He is also wanted in Kenya for kidnapping. I get the idea that he was stealing babies and pretending these infertile parents are conceiving them, from the article but it isn't clear. There is a bit about the 'miracle babies' not having the dna of their parents and I get the impression they were kidnapped babies but like I say, it's not clear.

Gosh, I just can't get over the gullibility of some people. If you really think some guy can pray for you to have miracle births I guess you really can be hoodwinked into thinking you actually delivered someone elses' already born baby.... roll

Ok, so I just had a look at another story, http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/ne … confirmed/

Yup, he was taking babies and giving them to infertile women who actually believed they were miracle children given by God....

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a combination of gullibility and rationalization.  Gullible in believing that God will provide a baby through prayer, but then when presented with such a child that very obviously isn't their baby rationalization takes over to the point that they can actually convince themselves it really IS their baby.

The ability of humanity to rationalize that whatever they WANT to be true IS true is incredible.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So true, I just can't seem to rationalize this fact of life. It just is totally irrational to me and could even be considered absurd. I guess the problem is, I don't WANT to live in a world of gullible idiots yikes and so cannot rationalize it hmm