if i was the messiah

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Knight6 profile image63
    Knight6posted 12 years ago

if i was the messiah returned to earth would you believe me like you believe the bible and how could you disprove i was?????????

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We would talk. smile

Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

i thought it was a good title not as good as the moses one but good and what would we talk about

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Define "messiah". smile

Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

the son of god the saviour the chosen one take your pick what i am trying to say is if the messiah did return would any of us give a s**t without prove no one not even the die hard believers would take him or her serious

3. profile image0
      Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are signs that take place before the Messiah sets foot on the earth again.  Do you know what some of them are?

4. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The next time He returns, it will not be like the first time.

This time He's not the Messiah. He's the KING of KINGS & LORD of LORDS.
      NO-ONE will miss this event. NO-ONE.

Are you ready for His return? hmm

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK..... when is he supposed to be coming THIS time? smile

1. aka-dj profile image64
          aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If only I knew!!!

No man knows the hour . . . All I know is that all the signs that precede this event are in full swing right before our eyes. Unfortunately, our view is both limited, and clouded. We don't see everything, we can only discern the season.

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Knight6: "IF"? indeed you were the Messiah, the Son of God returned, I would know you in a heartbeat, and I would show the respect that a child of God ought to show to his creator,Lord and redeemer.

"IF" you were He, why would I have any need to try and disprove you as Him? But alas thereis that one questioning word, "IF"?

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Without a pocketful of miracles, it would be difficult to take such a claim seriously.  And you wouldn't get many followers from within organized Christianity, unless you came in the exact way each sect expected you to.

You'd probably have to start a new cult of your own.

3. Nexis19 profile image59
    Nexis19posted 12 years ago

Personally i wouldn't take anybody seriously if they claimed to be the messiah. Mostly because they picked a s**t time to reveal themselves.

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Well, I guess this is as good a time as any to reveal myself...

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are many people that did, in fact, believe they were in the presence of someone great, when they saw that cute little avatar smile

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

If the Messiah came today,  mankind would interpret his message such that it would be misunderstood.  The same way we interpret those things from 2000 years ago.

I wouldn't worry Jerami, he has been coming back almost weekly now for a couple of thousand years.
      I think he disappeared in a cloud of smoke and mirrors. smile

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Naw!   If we believe those things which is written (that he said)
        He has already fulfilled these things.

If your car will not start.  Someone tells you to check the ground wire and you refuse to acknowledge this possability, and,  If it is the ground wire?

You can replace every part on the car that has to do with the starting and ignition systems and the car still will not start.

The point is that when we overlook the right answer,  we become more and more conused searching for another "right" answer.

So is he coming back or not?

1. Jerami profile image58

He already did.

Not according to DJ.
              I say he never existed except in the minds of those who had not heard of all the previous "jesuses" we know about today.

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

According to the bible, it's already happened. lol

2. Jerami profile image58

If I am to take anything literally, it will be them words which are written in red letters.

It is written that "THIS generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled". 
                  No body knows what DAY or what hour but THAT generation shall not pass.

When we read Matthew 23,  Jesus is telling the Pharasee's that they are going to do to his followers those things which Jesus (just a few minutes later) tells Peter,James, John and Andrew are going to happen to them.

These verses in C.24 all say YOU  will see this and that, that they will do such and such to YOU ...   

He didn't say  SOME generation which shall be at some time in the future.

It is mans interpretations that has brought confusion into the world concerning the prophesy in scripture.

2. profile image0
              Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Earnest asked if Jesus already came back.

I wonder when the sun was darkened and the moon darkened to not give their light.  I also wonder when the stars fell.  These are major events that will happen before the return of Jesus.   Surely they will be recorded in history.

6. stilljustwonderin profile image60
    stilljustwonderinposted 12 years ago

I believe, every one will believe.  He will be coming in the clouds, every one will see him.   For the Bible says,  Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess, that Jesus is Lord.

http://www.jesus-loves-you.org/?p=707

Morning Jerami!  Just passing thru checking in on ya. 
    Love ya!

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I always wondered about that. If he comes back in China, how are people in the US gonna see him? Without the use of satelites and TV we cannot see the sky over China. I guess Jesus and God knew we were gonna have TV and internet when he was coming back.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
        stilljustwonderinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have thought about that also.  I don't think the Bible says the entire world will see him at the exact same moment in time?  There is a difference in the time zones.  There are some things that we tend to think the Bible is saying, yet if we really look at the words, it isn't saying that at all.  It is just something people have assumed.
        Maybe???

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
          DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Also, in the time that the bible was written, they didn't know the world was as big as we know it to be today. So who knows.

2. Jerami profile image58

Good mornin back atcha stilljustwonderin.

Love you too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)