jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Deja Vu - faulty memory or precognition?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Has anyone experienced Deja Vu? I've had a few episodes over the years but they were very trivial. So I think in my case it's probably been faulty memory or some other natural cause. But I have heard about people experiencing Deja Vu that does seem to be precognition rather than a memory fault.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

There have been studies. When Deja Vu happens all over again, it's generally considered a short-circuit sort of thing.

Seeker7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I've read a bit about the neurological studies and psychological studies - they give very interesting insight into the workings of the brain.

3. paradigmsearch profile image85

I, for one, also do not rule out the existence of precognition. I have had a couple minor experiences where I knew something was going to happen or knew to immediately do something for no apparent reason. Or maybe it was just my subconscious feeding me info. smile

Seeker7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's really interesing about your experiences. I often wonder where deja vu ends and precognition starts? For me deja vu seems to be more of a fleeting experience and you're never quite sure where the feelings/memories come from. With precognition, this tends to be a more intense event and  with a full knowledge of when you perceived the event was going to happen. But other people may disagree with this.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I've never had an experience that could be remotely considered deja vu, so I couldn't say. And I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to those who believe they have experienced it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You must be awesomely sane and healthy. Deja Vu experiences are supposed to be the norm, not the exception. smile smile

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I always assumed deja vu was a ghost memory of another life. I assumed I was either a young soul, or just one with an incredibly bad memory.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
          paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope, hold on a sec. smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image85
    1. earnestshub profile image89
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Glad that's settled.
      Good old Wikepedia.

Right most of the time these days and getting better.

working