jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Organizing your B.O.S.?

1. ErosRyder profile image62
    ErosRyderposted 5 years ago

How do you organize your B.O.S.? Is it physical or computerized?

Mine is computerized but I jot stuff down in a notebook.

1. Tlherald85 profile image61
      Tlherald85posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do both. I have my personal written one AND I have one on my computer also. They say TRADITIONALLY it should be written in your own hand BUT I would like to be able to pass mine down to my children and them be ABLE to read it so I type it up AND write it down. That way there is a back up. I have my families B.O.S. which of course says Grimoire on the front of it cause it has been passed down for ages however there is A LOT in it that is unreadeable due to the fact it has been passed down for SO long. I don't want that to happen to my children. And I have been going through it trying to type up a back up for it also that way what is currently legible will still be for my children and their children, etc.

2. Daniella Lopez profile image87
      Daniella Lopezposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine is in a notebook. I keep it more in a "journal" format. However, it's rather sporadic and unorganized. I can find anything in it, but if anyone else tried to, they would be out of luck.

2. recommend1 profile image73
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

what on earth is a B.O.S. ?

It is a Book of Shadows. Which is a NEW term for it. Have you heard in ancient times of the Grimoires people had and past down through their families?? It is the same thing. It is where you keep important things.

3. BallisticJW profile image78
    BallisticJWposted 5 years ago

I have multiple physical BOS and an online BOS, Plus I use my website as a BOS of sorts. JustWicca.com

You have a website? I will be checking it out.

4. Evylyn Rose profile image91
    Evylyn Roseposted 4 years ago

I mostly stick to a physical BOS, though I do keep a computerized backup. You never know! As far as organization, I keep like-items together (section for rituals, spells, chants, correspondence, etc.). The three-ring binder setup works best for me, though I've seen some pretty awesome handmade books that you can undo and redo the binding if you want to move things around or add more pages.

1. kittythedreamer profile image95
      kittythedreamerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have 3 and they are all in journal form, but I am currently making a more organized scrapbook BOS of sorts.