Wisdom Knowledge and Understanding

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)
  1. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 15 years ago

Wisdom-the quality of being wise; sound judgment and sagacity; prudence; learning

Knowledge-The fact or state of knowing, range of information or understanding, what is known; learning, skill, acquaintance, clear perception

Acknowledge- to admit as true, to recognize the authority or claims of, to respond to express thanks for, to state that one has received

Acquaintance-familiar knowledge, intimacy, a person well known

Sagacity- quickness of discernment; shrewdness; high intelligence

Understand-comprehend, to see through, to suppose to mean to infer, to recognize as implied, mutual agreement

I have given these words and the definitions to help understand better the meaning of these scriptures and help to give a clearer view of what this message is about.

Job 28:6-11 Man with his ingenuity has earthed the treasures of the earth, but he cannot find wisdom (v.12-14) but where can wisdom be found? Where is the place of understanding? Man does not know its value, nor is it found in the land of the living. The deep says, it is not in me, and the sea says, it is not in me. (Job 20) Where than does wisdom come from? Where is the place of understanding? Job 23-...God understands its way; and He knows its place. (24) For He looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. (25) When He imparted weight to the wind and melted out the waters (26) When He set a limit for the rain,
    (28:6-11) Man with his ingenuity has unearthed the treasures of the earth, but he cannot find wisdom (28) and to man He said, behold the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. (28:28)- True wisdom is fearing (showing holy respect and reverence for) God and shunning all evil.

Ecclesiastes 1:12-18  I, the preacher, have been king over Israel in Jerusalem. (13) and I set my mind to seek and explore wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with. (14) I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after the wind. (15) What is crooked cannot be straightened, and what is lacking cannot be counted. (17) and I set my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly; I realized that this also is striving after the wind. (18) because in much wisdom there is much grief; and increasing knowledge results in increasing pain.

Ecclesiastes 2:12-13 So I turned to consider wisdom, madness and folly, for what will man do who will come after the king except what has already been done? (13) and I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels the darkness.

The message in this is this, To know God and to have a personal relationship with Him is to acknowledge and to admit that God is real and is true. To have a personal relationship with God we have to have an acquaintance with God, an intimacy, more than just casual but well known. When we begin to know God we receive understanding in the things he reveals to us that other wise we would be blinded too. To seek God and to want more of God we receive knowledge. A range of information. As we are taught we learn to discern and know things more clearly thus then God helps us to have sound judgment in everything we do. The greatest is to receive wisdom.To fear the Lord in reverence and with respect. No longer are the things hidden in the darkness. Sometimes the the things God reveals to us is not at all what we might think thus it leaves us with having to make a choice that is not always an easy one to make. These decisions can sometimes be painful ones to have to make. We also receive a visual of the things to come and see people all around us that will not listen and they will die and many will go to hell. Have you ever been told or seen something you wish you had rather not known? Well, while knowing God is s great thing and respecting God is too, when we see people putting all their hope in money, houses, cars, drugs, alcohol,other people, we know these things are not going to last forever. The world around us can cause us much sorrow. Just as the scripture says, it's like striving after the wind. Here today and gone tomorrow. I hope this make sense. I tried really hard to put into words a message that would be helpful. To enlighten and give a new meaning to the very things that Solomon prayed for. I myself have prayed for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. I do not regret any thing that God has shown me no matter if it is something bad. I just have to keep in mind that God is greater than anything we might have to face and to love him is to trust him. One day all these things on earth will be gone. The ones that receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior will receive a new home that will be peaceful and eternal. This day is quickly approaching and not everyone believes it. That is the sad part. We must continue to pray for our nation, family, friends, and the things that are happening in many churches. God has had mercy and spared us all many times. For this I am blessed and so are you. God help us when He reveals things to us to show us what to do. Sometimes it may be to pray about a situation and then wait and see what God does. LETS ALL STAND TOGETHER AND SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD !
    GREATER IS HE (Jesus) THAT IS IN US THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD !!!
    UNITED WE STAND---DIVIDED WE FALL.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow this is written beautifully,
      Love
      Mohit

2. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

You could post these posts as hubs, you know..

1. weblog profile image56
      weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well said smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)