Totem Animals/Animal Spirit Guides

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (29 posts)
  1. kittythedreamer profile image74
    kittythedreamerposted 12 years ago

How many totems or animal spirit guides can one person have or is supposed to have? I feel as though I have five...if that's possible. The wolf, the deer, the horse, the dragonfly, and the owl. Possible?

1. Cresentmoon2007 profile image64
      Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years agoin reply to this

A very interesting question. I really am unsure of it. I believe that it's possible to have more than one though.

kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Cresentmoon! Blessings, love.

2. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've heard of people having many but having one "main" one (if that makes sense). Like you might have all five of those, but the wolf might be your main spirit animal.

I hear ya. Lately it's been more of the owl and deer popping up in my dreams, etc. What is your totem animal or animals?

1. profile image0

Mine is the wolf, mainly because that's the spirit that I feel more attuned to. Good luck on your journey, Kitty! smile

3. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is only a superstition; not a scientific fact or religious fact or reality.

The messengers prophets of the Creator God guide the human beings with word of revelation from Him.

4. Seeker7 profile image80
      Seeker7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kitty,

What a great question!

It doesn't really matter how many guides you have. What you might find is that some will fade away and others may take their place. The guides you have at the present time, tend to reflect the stage of development you are at - that's why some of them may change from time to time. But you tend to keep your main guide permanently and there are no rules about how many you have.

It's interesting that the wolf is one of your guides - the wolf is the protector and opener of the ways between the physical and spiritual realms.  I remember many years ago a few people in the New Age movement moaned about the amount of 'wolf guides around' - finding it all a bit sceptical. But as a number of people pointed out to them, myself included - if they look at what the wolf symbolises - 'opener of the ways' then if more people are following their own spiritual path, it makes sense to have the wolf as a guide, as this powerful animal guide is an excellent one for giving protection and knowledge on any spiritual path - as more people attempt to 'open the ways' then the more the wolf guide is required.

2. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

I remember one medium at a local Spiritualist Church who had a donkey as a spirit guide.  Whenever she went into trance, she would start braying in a most startling way.

Is that a true story or simply humor?

1. profile image0
        RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, that is a true story.

1. Seeker7 profile image80
          Seeker7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

OMG! - I think I would have acted very rudely and laughed!

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Very interesting topic for discussion, Now I'm anxious to find out mine. Thanks for bringing this topic up.....cool

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5617216_f248.jpg

My animal spirit - the praying mantis.
    Just don't tell my husband. big_smile

LOVE IT, Klara! Too cool.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

No, seriously... I'm a turtle. I dream about them very often and I've had turtles and tortoises all my life. I dream about finding them in the oddest places, picking them up and taking them with me.
        I see a lot of the turtle in me. I'm very patient, good natured, and cautious. I'm also very aware of my surroundings, very spiritual and very stubborn... Yes, turtles are stubborn creatures. You find one crossing the street, stop the car, pick it up, take it to the other end of the road, and five minutes later you'll see the same turtle crossing the road again. They're not suicidal... just stubborn!

Haha...that's awesome. I know many people who find the turtle to be a very wise and inspirational animal, so I don't blame you! Blessings.

5. Cresentmoon2007 profile image64
    Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years ago

How do you go about finding your Animal Spirit? I am really unsure of mine.

1. profile image0

I found mine through a spirit walk I had with my dad and my husband (my dad is Cherokee and my husband Sioux). I had a vision of a wolf and the wolf has been my spirit animal ever since.

There are however other methods of finding your spirit animal. You can look at an Native American Zodiac http://www.whats-your-sign.com/native-a … mbols.html and find the spirit that falls along your birthday.

You could also contact a local tribe to find someone who will help you. If you happen to have Native blood, try to get assistance from someone from the tribe that your family came from.

Good luck on your journey and I hope this helps! Blessed be!

1. Cresentmoon2007 profile image64

Thank you very much for your help. I've always been curious.

2. Cresentmoon2007 profile image64

Thank you for your help and if I do go by that then mine is a beaver.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
        LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK, thanks for posting this site, according to it I am a raven, and after carefully reading the description or rather qualities I feel convinced that it fits me to a tee...So I am a bird....wink

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Well I just found out that I'm a hawk, fun exercise though. I took a test or rather a questionnaire which was fun and quick.....cool
    http://www.jerismithready.com/quiz/ or  http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?obj_id=14798 With this test I'm a snake.....tongue  and on yet another I'm a crane....logic to this fable....I'm a ZOO............wink

1. profile image0

It's ok to have more than one spirit animal Luis! Just try to find the one that represents you the best. smile

2. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Luis, I took the quiz on both of the websites and I'm an owl on one and a snake on the other.  It was quite entertaining and the questions really made me think about myself.  Some of them were so similar it was just a matter of degree which once was the best.  Thank you for posting the websites.

7. Tlherald85 profile image60
    Tlherald85posted 12 years ago

One said Owl and the other quiz said Wolf and I have always been very mych in touch with cats. It seems like even the wildest cats will just walk right up to me like its nothing but if anyone else is around or tries to touch them they run, scratch, hiss etc. It's been like that since I was a kid. Strange wild cats everyone says they can't go near just literally walk right up to me. It was scary when it first started.

1. Tlherald85 profile image60
      Tlherald85posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The native american animal website also gave me a wolf. So 2 said wolf and 1 said owl and then of course cats.

Just a word of advice for everyone, websites help but definitely don't rely on them to find out your animal guide or guides. Usually mine come to me in a dream or literally in reality. Recently I've had dreams of deer...so I find that the deer is representing a path in life that I'm coming to...not sure that path yet but I'll update you all when I figure it out! smile In the past though, I've had a dream about actually dying and becoming a wolf. I've also had dreams about horses. The owl and dragonfly have come to me in reality, in my own yard on many occasions. Thanks for sharing everyone, a very interesting thread this one has turned out to be!

8. sacred-silk profile image61
    sacred-silkposted 11 years ago

Is it wise to reveal your animal totem ? Not all spiritual individuals out there have the BEST or most positive intentions.

That would be like Achilles, telling his enemies that his heel is where he is vulnerable. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. This also includes your totem. If someone wishes to do you harm, they don't necessarily have to be in "physical" contact with you, if they know your spirit totem.

I hope everyone here, that has "revealed" theirs, have taken up shielding, or some other protective measure.

Peace within, safety without

*hugs and blessings*

*/|\* One Love */|\*

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)