jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

believers and skeptics alike,... faith or belief system?

1. stclairjack profile image79
    stclairjackposted 5 years ago

just wondering,... do the skeptics have a problem wih a christian who adhears to a particular religion as a "belief system" knowing full well that the basis for christianity is bunk,.. but the history and beauty and even the romance of it are appealing enough to draw.

if i'm intelectualy honest enough to admit its bunk,... but valuabe bunk,...can the skeptics swallow that?

if i honor the system and refrain from tearing it own for the sake of true believers,... will the faithfull question my faith?

dumb concept i know,.... but i'm bored today.

and faith oviously has no connection to spelling prowess

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I don't care if skeptics have a problem with my belief system. Criticism from those who disagree with me is meaningless drivel.

No one needs to defend their beliefs if they accept them as expressions of all of the noble, caring, nurturing aspects of their humanity. Their tenets become symbolic metaphors for all of the facets of life that science and intellect has not YET explained. What really matters is recognizing the value of one's beliefs for how they represent and serve you in life.

P.S. Boredom is a self-inflicted malady. Take it from me. I'm Chairman of the Bored.

stclairjackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

well stated! ha!

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey, what's up with the two threads?

The above was posted two hours ago.

Yet Quill just responded to a thread that is 6 hours old?

stclairjackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i intitialy screwed u and hit the button twice,... have no idea how to delet the 2nd one,... meaning this one,... you'd think the duplicate police would have killed this for me! ha!