why can't or won't god show it's face to the world?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (109 posts)
  1. Slarty O'Brian profile image81
    Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years ago

why can't or won't god show it's face to the world?

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He did 2000 years ago.

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
        Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's hard to put a face on something that doesn't exist.

Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

True dat.

1. Maria van Olphen profile image59
            Maria van Olphenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it does not exist. But you can believe what ever you want to believe. Afterall, your belief is your reality. So all is fair.. but you keep asking how and why people believe in something you don't..  both parties will just get blue in the face trying to explain each other's point of view.

2. Maria van Olphen profile image59

According to your interpretation of what can be seen, or what exists.

Show me the Christian god.

1. Maria van Olphen profile image59

Sorry. It is not my job to seek for you. I can show you all that I believe in. But if you do not have the faith or desire to really know, you would not see it. Many religions think that they can "save" souls by convincing people that there is a God. But for you my friend, it is like asking me to show you who you should love. Only you can make that choice, only you can feel that in your heart.

You can search and ask deep within.. The answer is right here in front of you. When you ASK, it is GIVEN.

You think I have not asked? I got a different answer. What now?

2. emrldphx profile image59
      emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One reason would be if He wanted to give us the chance to believe in him... after all, it's pretty difficult not to believe in something you can see.

Obviously, if God created us on this planet, He did so for a reason. I think it was so we can each have a chance to develop ourselves in the face of adversity.

1. 2uesday profile image66
        2uesdayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That would explain a lot that happens,so the fortunate are the ones who face a great deal of adversity as they have a greater chance to develop.

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

Why do you have to believe in him? Why could you not go through adversity if  you knew for sure a god exists?

Sorry. Doesn't make sense.

1. emrldphx profile image59

I don't pretend to know every reason, but there are some I can think of.

1 - Think of faith as a muscle. It needs to be developed. You could say God has perfect faith, and wants us to learn it too. It would be impossible for us to develop faith if we knew of him.

2 - Temporal problems wouldn't be as serious to us if we had a perfect picture of the afterlife. If an adverse condition isn't as serious, you will never appreciate the opposite of that condition as much.

1 no faith would be needed if we knew  he exists. The only reason for faith is that you really  don't know  that he actually exists. So that's rather a nonsensical reason.

2 Temporal problems are not serious for me now. I expect to die and that's the end of it. I'm at peace with that idea. I don't need an after life.

But you want one which is the only reason you have faith.

As for not appreciating opposites if one of them was absent, so what? I do not appreciate good more because there is evil. I hate evil because i know there is good. I can do very well without evil. The idea is to get rid of it, isn't it? Not keep it around to learn from. My goodness. What kind of logic are they teaching these days?

To you it may be nonsensical, but that doesn't make it nonsensical.

To me, faith is important.

Really, it goes no deeper than that. There is no way for one person to prove to another the importance, or lack of importance, of faith.

It's all about deciding for yourself what's important.

If temporal problems aren't serious for you, you're stronger than a lot of us. Having been through an extremely long, difficult financial period, I can say that temporal problems are very important to me. No matter my beliefs, I don't want to see my children hungry.

Sorry Slarty, but you have no idea why I have faith, so don't presume to know.

Have you ever been really sick, and after, you thought to yourself 'man, this is so much better than being sick!'. Have you ever been really thirsty, and had a glass of water that tasted like bliss from the clouds?

It's really your choice how much you appreciate something. For me, I definitely appreciate the good things more after facing the bad things. I appreciate what it means to have food much more than some people do, due to the experiences I have had.

I agree that you do appreciate the finer things if you have suffered. I'm going through a really rough financial period myself. Would have lost my house but let my daughter take over the mortgage. Now I can still live here in the basement at a reduced rent and my daughter and my grandkids kids get this home without having to go out and get a loan.

When the world hands you lemons you make lemonade.

I am not interested in material things. I go with the flow. If I have plenty then that's great. If not, oh well. I am at peace with myself and try to be no matter what.

As the Dali Lama said when he was asked if he worried about China taking over Tibet: What is the use in worry? You can do something about a problem or you can not. Worry affects neither reality.

I'm an atheist but I appreciate rational thinking,

Faith is important to you and so you should keep it. It is not important to me so I lack it.

We learn to appreciate opposites because the world is a hash place at times. But what would be wrong with it not being a harsh place? The only reason we have to learn those things is because we face them. Heaven won't have them so what was the point?

The only reason you have faith in a god is because you think it will give you and yours ever lasting life and a world with no pain and suffering. You may not want to admit it but it is the only rational reason there is for having faith in a god you can't know exists with any certainty. Faith takes the place of certainty. It is a kind of certainty. Why care if it did nothing for you? Your whole religion is based on it doing something for you..

But unfortunately your certainty does not make it a fact.

I deal in facts. I don't have to believe them because they are facts. The rest is speculation. Obviously there is no reason for me to believe something speculative.

Obviously there are very few facts compared to speculative ideas. For those I am content to wait and see. So I have no reason to have faith in anything. I have no reason to even believe anything.

So we come from entirely different perspectives. But life is the same for both of us. You cope with god, I cope as well or better  without.  You expect a reward for right thinking and I expect nothing and am happy with what ever I get.

At least we agree with all that. I'm sorry to hear about your hard times, but glad you have things still working out.

I'll tell you my reason. If I'm going to live forever some day in Heaven, I want to be able to appreciate each second of it as much as possible. The more I learn to appreciate good things, the more wonderful heaven will be.

Again, you don't know why I have faith in God. You can make assumptions, but since you haven't experienced what I have experienced, you don't know why I believe in what I believe.

Nor do you know what my religion is, what my beliefs are, or how they affect my life... it's a lot of assuming to go through to try and make your point.

Neither does your certainty that it doesn't exist make it a fact.

Sorry, again you make assumptions about me. You think I expect a reward, and you think you do better without God than I do with God...

If you only deal with facts, what facts do you have to make such claims?

I have no certainty that your god does not exist any more than you have certainty that it does. Don't get me wrong. I just lack the belief that you have. I lack belief that your god exists. If it showed itself to me I would have no choice but to accept that I am wrong.

The best definition of an atheist is one who lacks belief, Not one who believes there is no god. I do not have a belief that no god exists, I lack belief that it does.  I;m sure you understand the difference.

You think I am assuming something about you. I am not. If you believe in the Christian god you have told me all about your beliefs and why you have them.

Tell me honestly. Would you worship and love god and have faith in him if he was there but did nothing for you? Promised nothing? Be honest now. Be honest with both yourself and god.

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're assuming God has a human face and/or you're assuming God is humanlike in form.

Perhaps God more closely resembles the form 'wind' or 'light'... hmm

Cool. I didn't mean literally show his face though I'm sure the Christian one should be able to make one up for us to see. wink I mean why doesn't he just make it plain to everyone he exists without question? Couldn't he do that?

An omnipotent god should be able to or he isn't omnipotent.

But are you saying god is nature? That would explain it. God is a process not a being. Is that what you mean?

4. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

According to the Christian Bible, we humans look just like him as we are told we are made in the image and likeness of god. 

It does baffle the mind a bit as to why he narrow-mindedly led this planet to its current circumstance.  I know the argument is we did it, satan did it.  But really, if god started it, he did it.

Absolutely. They blame everyone but their god. And yet if a conscious god created a universe where everything must kill and eat to survive; and suffer disease, hunger and death. I can't see how we could forgive it for it's crimes against it's creation, let alone worship it.

5. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Our eyes are not meant for this.

So? God can't do something about that?

1. profile image51

Surely He can do everything:

[6:104] Eyes cannot reach Him but He reaches the eyes. And He is the Incomprehensible, the All-Aware.
          [6:105] Proofs have indeed come to you from your Lord; so whoever sees, it is for his own good; and whoever becomes blind, it is to his own harm. And I am not a guardian over you.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=103

So he can't do anything about it then. That's what I thought. lol...

6. GoGreenTips profile image60
      GoGreenTipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK..How do we know God Hasn't shown his face or has communicated with someone here on Earth. If someone came on this forum and said I saw God yesterday would you believe him or her?
      Or if a neighbor or friend said i saw or talked to God would you believe it?
      What has history told us about people that say they have communicated with God?
      So I say...How do we know God hasn't and isn't communicating with people?

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is kinda what Jesus said when the Pharasees when they asked for a sighn?   

I am paraphrasing here ,,,,

Jesus said, " H--l No!  I won't do that in front of the cameras!

Or something  like that?

Some people don't believe anything they haven't seen themselves.

Well, that's not strictly true. I would assume that most athiests believe in the atom...

No need to believe in atoms. There is plenty of evidence to support the idea that something is going on in the micro world. we know a lot about it. We have a model of what we call an atom and we learn about the model through experiment. Belief is irrelevant.

You do know that belief applies to more than religion, right? Either way, do you know about the evidence that supports the idea of dark matter?

Models are not supposed to be taken as fact. That is the one thing people do not seem to understand. A model is just that, something to work from.

The BB is not something to be believed in, it is something to be studied and a model to be examined. It may be the best model we have but it isn't the last word.

Yes I know belief does not just apply to religion. There is simply no need for belief at all. Something is a fact or it is speculation. Your belief about them is irrelevant. Something is true or it is not. Your belief one way or another doesn't alter the facts.

I advocate not believing anything. You can have opinions based on facts, but you do not have to invest faith in an opinion. If you do and you are wrong your world could crumble. People kill themselves all the time over belief proven false.

That's extreme but it happens. It happens in degrees. If you lack belief you just oh hell, I was wrong, and move on.

I live by probability, not belief.

Dark matter/energy? Sure I know the evidence for it. Do I think it is a fact? No. It's a model. Models contain facts but they may be completely wrong in the end as to what is built on those facts.

There are other models that explain the same thing. We will see which becomes the most likely as we go along.

In science, no one has the last word, only the latest.

I think maybe you should be more careful in your dismissal of things you don't believe in.

It's fine for you to dismiss dark matter, but you shouldn't do so to the point of telling other people they are wrong or belittling them.

The problem is, you go beyond fact. When there is no proof for something, you don't simply 'not believe' in it. You actively state that it doesn't exist. You state that people who do believe in it are wrong.

There is no reason for that kind of attitude.

Speculation is not dismissed unless it is stupid. Most of the time it is best to just wait and see. 

Who did I belittle? Give an example.

I apologize, I mistook someone else's comments about dark matter for yours... I was having three conversations including dark matter with three different people. Forgive me.

7. WD Curry 111 profile image57
      WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where have you been hiding?

8. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He has.. you just aren't looking

2. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

More brilliantly 2k + years ago, yes. But has been showing his face from 'jump street'. People just prefer to look in a different direction, to keep themselves busy and justify their self imposed causality.

If it didn't exist, we wouldn't be talking about it so widely and for so long throughout the entire planet for all those years...

let's do a little math:

2100 years x 365 = 766,500 days @ an average of 1 billion pp daily = 766,500,000,000,000,000 (766.5 Quadrillion) mentions, about someone who did not exist?

I wonder how large a number if we start @ the beginning of either the Judaic or Islamic Calendars or those guys before then science calls Neanderthals some 250,000 years ago...

Interesting.
    smile

James.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We agree on something!  Amen He exists!

1. jacharless profile image75
        jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Come now B,
        We agree on more than that.
        I am convinced it is the 'approach & doctrine' we do not.

big_smile

ps, there are 5 inches of snow out my window already, in October. This is now officially, Moscow on the Hudson.

1. profile image0

I can agree. (Wait---I can partially agree. Doctrine does matter).
          Indiana weather's kinda like that too.  I expect snow any time!  smile
          But it'll probably be another month or more before we get ground cover.  Have fun there!  I envy you now.  I'd like to be making a snowman or just watching it snow.

lol.
            doctrine shm-octrine! big_smile

1. profile image0

Snowball fight!! wink

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Winter/snow_ball_text_3.gif

smile

lol That was awesome!

They all thought the world was flat too. They thought it talked about it. It must be true. lol.... Truth by consensus is a fallacy. Guess you haven't heard yet or not enough people have said it for it to be true, eh? lol....

Dumb argument number 3

3. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

Right. He can't get it together to actually convince the world who he is. I get it. Again you have a low opinion of your god and his powers. If there were a real god everyone would know it without a doubt.. The reason not everyone does is because such a god as yours does not exist. All the rest is your excuses for an absent god. it is really very funny. wink

Let me get this straight. If there were a real God, who had always existed, and had the power to create planets and life. If that God were real, you would know what He wanted? You would presume to know the mind of God?

That is very funny. You don't even know the mind of your fellow man, so how could you know the mind of God?

1. profile image0
          Wilfionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

People talk about God and assume they are talking of the same one.  However, there are literally thousands of them to choose from.  So, wherever the one lives, whether inside or outside of the universe, do the others share the same accommodation, or do they not get on well enough for that?

Obviously my God is the right one [/sarcasm]

Maybe they are roommates and this is their version of Starcraft...

God would tell me and everyone else. What is so funny about that?

You said this earlier:

You say ahorseback has no right to say what speak for God... what right do you have?

You say that He would tell you and everyone else... but what gives you the right to say that? Saying that means you would know His will if He did exist.

Right? I don't need a right. It''s just logical. You have a god that wants people to come to it because they want to. It is all powerful. And yet you think that anyone could look at god in what ever form and not feel that that was god in his gut? Just know? 

Part of the religion has always been that we all know in our hearts that god exists. Trouble is not all of us do. Why not? I'd personally not mind a bit if I knew a real benevolent god exists.

Why did Moses know the burning bush was god? It could have been a devil. He just knew. right? Or did he hope for the best and go along?

There is no reason that if a god that powerful wanted you to know he exists that you wouldn't.

Slarty.

You say it's logical, because it makes sense to you. So then, it must be what God would do if He existed?

If you want to go into logic, fine. Let's go there.

"You have a god that wants people to come to it because they want to." - So, you say, if my God did exist, then He would make Himself known to everyone, even though He wants people to come to Him because they choose to. You can't have it both ways.

Firstly, that is a Straw Man fallacy: An argument based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. You haven't even asked about 'my God's characteristics, and argue about Him in a way which I don't claim.

Secondly, it's an Ecological fallacy: Inferences about the nature of specific individuals are based solely upon aggregate statistics collected for the group to which those individuals belong. You state what I believe in based on your understanding of general Christianity.

Thirdly, you use Mind-Projection fallacy: when one considers the way he sees the world as the way the world really is. Your idea of what God would or wouldn't do is expected to be the truth of what God would or wouldn't do.

"Part of the religion has always been that we all know in our hearts that god exists. Trouble is not all of us do."

Again, you are assuming what my religion is, yet you have no idea about what it teaches. Perhaps my religion teaches that there is a way for all of us to find God, but it's not necessarily apparent, and has to be sought for. Perhaps my religion teaches that there is no way to know in our hearts, we just have to believe anyway. You can't argue against my religion without knowing what it is.

So... logically, right? You can show that God would reveal himself with logic, and a little bit of logical fallacy thrown in the mix, just for flavor.

1. WD Curry 111 profile image57
                  WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know who you are, but I like the way you think.

Thanks smile

"You have a god that wants people to come to it because they want to." - So, you say, if my God did exist, then He would make Himself known to everyone, even though He wants people to come to Him because they choose to. You can't have it both ways."

You are the one who wants it both ways. If I am going to go to god because I want to then I have to know for a fact it exists. There is no choice if I do not.  What makes you think knowing god exists would make people unable to come to him by choice? It is the exact opposite.

You can't make that choice logically if you don't even know for sure it exists. If you do you can male an informed choice, Christian logic fails here every time it tries to say that if god were around for all to see that we wouldn't have a real choice. That is the only time we would have a real choice. Now we really don't. You are guessing.

It is irrelevant what your particular cult teaches. It is all variations on the same theme.  I understand why you don't see that. you think your group is unique.

Sure some of you believe in hell some don't blah blah blah. wink You all have your own religion, ever individual one of you.

But there are basic tenet you all share. Like you said, if god didn't love you it wouldn't be god. If you don't get something out of it it wouldn't be worth believing in. You all use it, or at least you would like to. 

You all make illogical excuses about why your god doesn't show up. But you claim it is all powerful. Yet it can not make me understand it exists? I have to take your word for it and have faith?  Please!! lol...

What I am saying is that if an all powerful god existed that wanted us to know it exists then it would have no trouble letting us know it exists and we would all believe it exists, even us atheists. To think otherwise is either an excuse or it means your god is impotent. Take your pick.

1. Jerami profile image58
                    Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My God does exist!   Everyone is confused about everything going on, Because the right hand doesn't know what (or why)  the left hand is doing what is is doing! 

And that is just the way that is supposed to be or should I say; "The way it is"?

Slarty, I was only pointing out your logical fallacy in claiming that my God wants people to come to him but would make himself known to all. You say there is no choice if you do not know for a fact he exists, but the very fact that people go to Him even though they don't know he exists. I'll repeat that for you. You say there is no choice, but people choose to do so all the time. This is an example of projecting your world view as fact when it is not.

The fact is, you think my God wants people to come to him in faith, but that if He existed He would make himself known. If people knew, they couldn't come to him in faith.

You are apparently confusing what you think I believe with what I really believe. I don't believe God wants people just to come to him of their choice. I believe he wants people to come to him in faith. If everyone knew of him with certainty, they wouldn't be able to come in faith. So to say that he wants people to come to him in faith, but he would reveal himself, is a contradiction about the definition of God. If you want to argue against my God, you have to use my definition of God.

You also present logic as the only method to discern truth. Again, projecting the world as you see it as reality. Can you logically prove that there is no method of discerning truth other than logic?

I've shown exactly why it is relevent what my religion teaches. You can't argue that a God who wants his children to come to him in faith would reveal himself to them. If he did, there would be no chance for faith, so it would be against his definition.

It's easy for you to disprove a God I don't believe in smile

Do you think you can describe the basic tenets of my beliefs? I'll give you a hint, you've misrepresented one and stated one that is incorrect, out of two. You still assume you know my beliefs, but you don't. How can you argue against my beliefs when you don't even know what they are?

1 - You are using arguments about what other people do to define me. You care about logic so much, don't you realize that is a fallacy?

2 - I don't claim my God is all-powerful in the sense that He can do anything. I claim he is all-powerful in the sense that He can do anything that can be done. There is a difference, but you never bothered to find out what I believe, and you probably won't ask for clarification if that doesn't make sense to you.

For the third time. My God wants people to believe in him through faith. Faith in something that is not seen. Why would God show himself to people if he wants them to have faith? You are trying to disprove a God that I don't even believe in.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Would you have a mind of your own if God was a certainty?

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course, silly!

What he said. lol... that's the worst argument ever.

4. profile image0
    Wilfionposted 12 years ago

God was supposed to have shown his back to Moses.  It was believed that no man could look upon God and live.  However, the fact that God has a back would suggest that he does have a physical body.  Therefore he must exist in the physical universe, yet is the creator of the universe.  So, I wonder where God lived, before the universe existed.

You know that, statistically, if a universe can be created out of nothing, then it is nearly impossible to even think that this is the only universe.

Our definition of universe is limited to what we can see. What's outside of our universe?

1. profile image0
        Wilfionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, cosmologists now believe that what we think of as the universe is one of a possibly infinite number of universes, all created by their own Big Bangs.  These make up a multiverse.  But then why stop there?  A multiverse might be only one of an infinite number of multiverses.  The only thing for certain is that we can never be certain about any of it.

Exactly. That's why the argument of 'Where is God', or 'Where was God before the Big Bang' doesn't really hold any water.

Our universe is expanding and cooling. Maybe there is a static universe where the Gods dwell... who knows? That's my favorite thing about faith. Because we can't prove it, there is no limit to how strong of faith you can develop.

1. Quirinus profile image60
            Quirinusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"there is no limit to how strong of faith you can develop"  That's my development path right now. Thanks for sharing your insights, emrldphx.  I'm guessing that there's no such thing as a perfect faith because then, there would be nothing to look forward to in terms of making further progress.  So, it's likely to be a lifelong activity developing faith.

2. profile image51
  5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Or what is our universe in?

Hindus say, gods mind. life is but a dream. Or nightmare depending who you are. lol...

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

To be blunt, you anti faith people wouldn't recognize God if he were to stand in front of you in an aura of light while  bouncing Venus, earth  and Mars in a juggling act!

wow! that just proves how little faith and how massive a doctrine you possess.
      do the world a favor, show (or as the preachers say, shew) these "anti faith folk" what you mean by faith.

go on, I dare you.
      think of me as Elijah, sitting on the mountain, seeing the messengers of light. staring at YOU yet another ba`al priest and asking if YOUR god is on the toilet...

That's another dumb knee jerk argument. You don't think much of your gods powers obviously. lol.. He can do anything.... but he can't get me to understand he exists. Wow....

7. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

God says He doesnt have to prove anything to the lowly humanity that exists in the schyco-babilish forum worlds .....but he did mention this "who in the hell do you think you are ".

1. autumn18 profile image56
      autumn18posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm confused. God said that? Sounds kind of mean.

Question is, who is he really and who the hell do you think you are to speak for him?  I'll take his word for it if he ever shows up, not yours

8. Quirinus profile image60
    Quirinusposted 12 years ago

“It has been said that ‘ye are gods’”  We are individuated parts of God made manifest.  If we look within, we will find the answers we seek.

We somehow have a secret yearning for God to show It’s face to the world, so that we could quell all doubts including our own.

If we found some other ways of talking with God, then maybe we will stop wondering why He/She won’t show His/Her face to the world.

To see is to be blinded by colors, to hear is to be deafened by sounds.  Precious things are distracting.  If we see God’s face, it would probably be in a particular place or time.  Then He/She would become a limited or finite entity whose company we cannot take everywhere we go.

As physically absent, He/She can be with us in Spirit no matter where we go, whatever we do, whatever time of day.

I believe that God is infinite but can manifest in the most mundane of finite creation: the grass, the tree, the flower, the stone.  If we’re quiet enough, we can “see” God everywhere, including in the smiles of our loves ones.

Even if the human mind has found the answer to why God does not show His/Her face to the world, man would likely not believe.

9. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

"IF" there are 1000s of them ?   

And "IF" we are evolutionists ?

Would it not stand to reason, that these 1000s evolved from ONE?

10. Maria van Olphen profile image59
    Maria van Olphenposted 12 years ago

Nothing is impossible with God. The thing is, it does not make sense to show herself, and then what? It does not guarantee a belief in him.

However, we can see God is we want to. You will have to find your way of seeing her. Some see him in the meadows, the birds that fly, the children;s laughter, etc.. 

We are Gods ourselves, the physical extension of Him.. and she is indeed everywhere..

11. nmateo89 profile image57
    nmateo89posted 12 years ago

What I dont understsnd is why is God considered as somewhat of an object used only for the purpose of feeling and self awareness. If you belive that there truly is a God ( i do) then you must understand that he is not the only thing that controls the outcome of our lives, he enhances the good and is a forgiver of the bad. But we were not designed to be perfect. We were designed to aspire to be the best we possibly can. Whether or not we do so is our choosing. And in a way i think that that is what makes us perfect, we are able to choose or construct or lives and become the people we want to become.

12. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Jerami wrote:
       My God does exist!   Everyone is confused about everything going on, Because the right hand doesn't know what (or why)  the left hand is doing what is is doing! 

And that is just the way that is supposed to be or should I say; "The way it is"?
    ===========
    Slarty O'Brian  wrote  ...
    Not sure I follow you. lol...

= - = -

The left hand will never know what the right hand is doing.
      If we understood ALL  of the facets of our reality ...  It would drastically change the purpose of our lives.
    If the deer knew what the hunter was doing, the fish knew what the fisherman was doing;  etc. etc.

13. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 12 years ago

Because he does not exist

Why do you think God doesn't exist?

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, because people who claim God does exist aren't very compelling when all they can produce is thin air. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)