jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Precognitive Dreams

1. 0
    Wilfionposted 4 years ago

As part of my newfound interest in all things "psychic," I am looking back at dreams which I have had, which seemed to predict the future.  These have included dreaming of an accident happening to my aunt, which happened almost exactly as in the dream, the next day.  I have also had a dream concerning a girl who had been reported missing on the news, and about where she would be found, only for her to be found there two days later.

These dreams may be coincidence, as we do experience dreaming every night, even if we can't remember them, and most seem to have no relation to actual events.  Nevertheless, it would be interesting to know of similar experiences had by others, as I am sure most of us can tell of at least one such experience.

1. emrldphx profile image60
      emrldphxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never had any personal precognitive dreams...

However, where I grew up, there are a *lot* of deer, and on one stretch of highway between two towns it seems there is an accident every other night.

Several, several times, I found myself braking full force without knowing why, only to come to a stop right before where I would have hit a deer. And for those who say my subconscious saw the deer, this happened in places where I couldn't. Coming around a blind corner, over a blind rise, or with a deep trench next to the road that you can't see down into.

Whatever made me stop all those times, I could very well owe my life to.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I've had two dreams that have preceded an event, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they were precognitive. There may be other explanations.

The first, however, was a dream I had the night prior to learning of my fathers death. In my dream, I opened my wardrobe door and my dad's suit was hung in the wardrobe, it was the suit he wore to my wedding. Next to the suit was another hanger with some of his ties draped over the frame at the bottom. (He loved ties, and after his death we gave them all to charity shop. He had more than 250)I heard him shout me but I could not see him anywhere. I called out to him and he said  "I'm in the hallway, you can have have the suit and the ties, I won't be needing them anymore."

The 2nd dream was a year after his death. I was taking my mum to the cemetery the next day to put flowers on his grave.(So he will obviously have been on my mind when I went to bed) In my dream I was at the cemetery with my mum, and she fell and injured herself badly. The next day I took my mum to the cemetery as planned but I couldn't get the dream out my mind. I was really on edge thinking she was going to fall. Anyway, we left the cemetery, my mother uninjured I might add, and she came to my house for tea. As we walked down the garden path, my son opened the front door and my dog ran up to my mum and pushed her over. I was just able to catch my mum before she hit the floor.

1. 0
      Wilfionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your second story reminds me of the day of my grandfather's funeral, when we were coming out of the crematorium, and my mom fell down the steps and broke her leg.  On the day that my other grandfather died, my mom was leaving the hospital, when she was knocked over by a car.  Accidents and deaths seem to be connected as far as my mom is concerned.