Pagan gods and goddesses of Strength and Protection.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (59 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

I am going through a really difficult time in my life right now and really could use some strength to make it through it. My patron goddess is Aglaia, but I feel like she is telling me to seek out another goddess to ask for guidance in conjunction with her. Do any of you have any suggestions on gods or goddesses known for helping people and strengthening them? I've been told that Dragons are great for such issues, so I may inquire upon them and see what happens. Thanks for any advice you guys may have and blessed be!

1. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is only ONE God that can give true comfort and peace.

Sorry to inform you, but He's not a Pagan entity.

He is only a prayer away!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

Instigating trouble I see. lol

Spreading the LOVE! big_smile

2. Evylyn Rose profile image61
        Evylyn Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hate to tell you this, but for those of us who recognize and honor multiple gods, ALL gods are Pagan in that sense. No God or Goddess is excluded. wink

If you say so. hmm

That doesn't make it so.

It's a matter of faith, isn't it?

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dragons????!!!! Like real flying dragons!!?? Now that would be cool.

Alternatively follow the advice of aka-dj.

3. Cresentmoon2007 profile image65
      Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi there Daniella, I suggest Artemis of the greek mythology. She is a strong and brave Goddess. With her aid you may be strengthen. I do hope that you find the strength you need. I am saddened to see so much hatred in pagan forums. I wish people wouldn't respond if they are out to hurt people. Anyway I do hope you get better.

Blessed be.

4. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Daniella - ANY of the gods and goddesses will comfort or strengthen or give you whatever you need - first you just have to know who YOU are and keep an open mind, becuz in my experience the gods and goddesses work in very mysterious ways to bring you exactly the kind of love and etc. you need in the moment.  Pick one, any one - use a Taro deck or just scroll down the list of dieties of whichever culture you like the best (even if you're not all that familiar with it) and pick one. Or, just go play with your friends! or make some new ones! the dieties can talk to you even in the forest when there's no other human around, or on the beach - or, as I often do, look at the sky!  and live well, which means - eat when you're hungry, rest when you're tired.

1. Cresentmoon2007 profile image65
        Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great advise mega1. You are indeed correct and I wish I was the one who came up with such great advise. You are correct that ANY of the gods and goddesses will help. I give you props.

2. profile image0
        Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you mega1! Wonderful advice.

and thank you Cresent for your kind words.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Maybe try her sisters Euphrosyne and/or Thalia.
    As far as all roundedness goes the more the merrier.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

Are they pretty?

2. profile image0

Thanks knoly! Finally some legitimate Pagan advice.

AHHH, I see.
        You wanted Pagan advice.

Here I thought you needed (real) peace within, that will help you through a tough time.
        My mistake! hmm

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

You are one baaad dude man. cool

You know, your statements are filled with judgment. Last I checked, Christ preached against judging others lest you be cast out of Heaven. Perhaps you should be focusing your time on actually being helpful to the world and not spamming people's threads.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
            theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said!

2. aka-dj profile image64

If I posted a helpful post, and it is rejected, based on personal biases, how does that make it judgmental?

There is no spamming in what I wrote.

As has been pointed out to me on many occasions, this is an open public forum, and we are all free to comment.

I'm sorry you disapprove of my point of view.
            I certainly recognise your right to differ. smile

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi dj. You do realize that it is possible that the 'One God' as you put it could also be the multiple gods and goddesses recognized by the Pagan religions? Everyone's needs are different. Maybe that one spirit manifests itself in the form needed for the individual at that moment in their lives.

Hi Emile.

I recognise people can have their own opinion about this, and many other things.

I am a monotheist. Always have been, always will be. I don't apologise for that, as you know.

I do however also believe there are MANY spirits, and they certainly appear to many people in many ways, forms and manifestations. It is these that people can confuse as either God, or goddess, or aliens, spirit guides, angels or demons.

Logic dictates there be only ONE God!  Otherwise we run the risk of mythology having equal weight to true spirituality.

1. profile image0

Maybe so, but that is an argument best made in another thread. You should start one.  smile

Nothing to argue!

I'm just killing time whilst my time runs out doing something else, so I entered the discussions that interest me.

Chat later. You be blessed. smile

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
                  A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Logic = Irrational Belief

Sorry, but logic would dictate your "true spirituality" is just another mythology, like the rest. Logic is not an irrational belief.

Funny how you're just killing time and killing logic at the same time while causing conflict.  lol

1. Jerami profile image59
                    Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Logic to me, must fit within the realm of my experiences which occurred within my environment.

We all have our own personal environment and experiences.

For me to say that your logic is illogical would be a lie. 
                      For me to say that your logic dose not fit within the realm of "MY" experiences and environment is true  and when anyone says it.

Each one of us is a universe in and of ourselves.
                    And then two worlds collide.

2. profile image0

Dismissing the spiritual out of hand is as illogical and as much an irrational belief as any other. Don't you think? Unless it is your contention that we already know all there is to know.

3. profile image55
                  D0ntkn0wd0ntcareposted 3 years agoin reply to this

ok so sorry to shut you down but in the torah which is basically the origional bible it cals god yaweh when mentioning the creation and yaweh is plural meaning gods and yes plural is allowed in the torah but only when talking about a group of people.Also multiple apostles of god have agknowleged the existance of multiple deities nowhere in the bible does it say their isnt any other gods and goddesses but when talking about worshiping false idols it means without summoning or doing any rituals to invocate a deity now this is coming from someone who believes in god and other deities so please just stop its pathetic how youre trying to convince people of something they choose not to worship

2. WriteAngled profile image75
                WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I made a similar statement on another thread today. Since I don't know if duplication is allowed on the forums, I'll put the link here. Hope that's OK
                http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85359?p … ost1850295

1. profile image0

Well, I must say you stated it much more eloquently.

In the case of your first post, yes, you are correct. You offered what you believed to be a helpful post. It was a rejected. No harm done.

The problem is the attitude. Particularly your second post that was a very obvious insincere apology. Not only was the post itself unnecessary, the attitude was clearly confrontational. Where no one is saying your beliefs and views are wrong, your approach makes it obvious that you are saying the same about views that contradict your own. That is what makes it judgmental.

Now that I've answered your question, I will refrain to responding to any other posts of yours that demonstrate this obviously confrontation-seeking nature. May your road be blessed.

3. profile image52
              scathachwarriorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

i hope you realize christianity is completely based off of paganism according to the bible christ would have been born in spring why do you celebrate his birthday in december? because it was a pagan celebration for the coming of the sun

aka-djposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hope you realise you are completely wrong!

Indeed many pagan rituals crept into the mainline denominations, such as the RCC.

I celebrate my Christianity daily.
                Do you?

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
                  Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No you don't. You celebrate Horus, the son of the god Osiris, who was born in a manger during the winter solstice (December 21st) in ancient Egypt. You also celebrate Dionysus, son of Zeus born to a virgin woman, whose first great act was turning water into wine, could walk on water, and had 12 disciples before being crucified and resurrected by Zeus a few days later.

The former came roughly 2500 years before Jesus, the latter about 800 years before.

On a side note, you don't fear Satan; you fear Set, who is the originator of evil that set out (tee-hee) to overthrow the almighty god, Ra.

aka-djposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you have me all figured out!

3. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Sekhmet, the lion-headed of Egypt, wife of Ptah and mother of Nefertum is a beautiful and strong goddess. She is also very good at destroying that which should not exist and as such is excellent in self-transformation work. She was one of the patrons of the medical profession in Egypt, particularly when it involved surgery.

Staying in Egypt, Aset (Isis), who went through many trials to retrieve the coffin and then body parts of Osiris, but also had to be strong in hiding and protecting her baby son from Set.

Another fiery lady is Brigid of the Celts. She shows her strength in blacksmithing, but is also associated with life energy and healing.

The trials of Inanna in her journey through the underworld show the strength and determination that she has to share with her daughers.

In India, Durga riding her tiger is an archetypal mother-protector-warrior.

Em hotep

4. profile image0

Thanks WriteAngled! I'll definitely be looking up Isis. Thanks for the info. smile

5. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Pagan gods and goddesses of Strength and Protection

Still with all their strength and protection they could not protect the pagans being massacred at hand of the Christians in Europe.

6. profile image0

Thank you very much Evylyn. I was beginning to get a little frustrated over the responses to this thread...

1. Evylyn Rose profile image61

No problem. I used to get a lot of those kinds of comments over at my forums. More often than not, they are doing nothing but spreading hate and negativity and acting outside of the beliefs and values they claim to support. Makes me wonder what kind of entity is truly hovering over their shoulders. wink

7. Evylyn Rose profile image61
    Evylyn Roseposted 12 years ago

I've found Athena to be particularly helpful in gathering my strength and harnessing it to tackle the obstacles in my way. Although a mother goddess, Danu has also been a guiding light in times of trouble.

As for Gods, Thor is often recognized for his sheer strength. He could certainly be helpful in terms of physical energy through your difficult time. Another, though I'm not sure how many will agree with me on this one, may be Saturn. Planet-wise we all know Saturn for slicing through excuses and making sure we're doing what we are supposed to. His myths, though, including ruling the Golden Age of humanity. He taught agriculture among other things to take the people out of darkness and into prosperity. He's certainly worth a look into. wink

1. kittythedreamer profile image73
      kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you want to try out some Celtic Goddesses, may I suggest Rhiannon? Read her story, it is truly one of inspirational strength and forgiveness. Also, try out some of the Native American female divinities - Spider Grandmother is a good one. smile Blessed Be!

1. profile image0

Thanks kitty smile Blessed be!

8. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 10 years ago

what about the God of the living,The God who causes to become, like yourself, yes there are many  gods in name ,but most of them stand behind a hidden name from acient babylon , The one hidden name is the resister of the true God of all creation. So there is one that is false and one that is true. The one that is false carries many names including the names you have mention. That is why you are trouble ,because the wrong one can not answer you in righteouness. only badness and wickness comes from his worship.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)