jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

is religion nothing more than a point of view ?

1. Knight6 profile image60
    Knight6posted 5 years ago

is it possible that religion is nothing more than an illusion and that depending on how you look at will determine your belief or lack of belief and this is for all religions
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5729952_f248.jpg

the above image is two pics of the mona lisa the most beautiful work of art ever her beauty her presents it is.....it speaks for its self
    however if you turn the pic right way up well you will see what i mean as i said maybe that is all religion is an illusion???

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I personally don't think the Mona Lisa is the most beautiful work of art ever.
      Other than that, in answer to your question, no, religion IS much more than a point of view.  At least, the Christian religion is.

2. MikeNV profile image73
    MikeNVposted 5 years ago

Not really interesting enough to get a reply after 23 hours.

So here is my reply:  Who cares what it is or what it isn't.  Each person will CHOOSE to believe what they want to believe whether it exists or not, because it helps them cope with life to have some kind of purpose for existing.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I cant choose what I believe. I can only beleive that which has evidence.

How do you choose to believe in fairytales?

I'll never know.

1. mom101 profile image61
        mom101posted 5 years ago in reply to this

How can you not believe in the world in which you live?

Do you believe in coincidences?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
          Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Errrm there is evidence for the world and coincidences.

1. mom101 profile image61
            mom101posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The box? Hand up?

Ok  I'll play your game. The world, yes, you can see it. From where did it originate?

Coincidences? How do we prove a coincident?

2. Knight6 profile image60
      Knight6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

mikeNV very harsh not nice the reason no reply is because it is not as easy as you make it out i am not questioning belief i am asking about the religion let me re phase it

is it possible to say that all religions are illusions the trick being look at it one way and you see a lie and look at it another way and you see turth?

i dont see anything in the question i asked saying any thing about belief so less of the nasty remakes all questions on this forum answered or not are interesting ALL without exception it is through others and thier views that we learn........

3. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 5 years ago

I see no logical reason why any particular religion should be elevated above others. My God is better than your God? People find their own way in life. As long as they're nice people that's the main thing.

working