jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

what make you smile inside?

1. Knight6 profile image60
    Knight6posted 4 years ago

i have viewed a lot of topics on this forum and i think it is time to lighten the mood a little bit so the other day i had a real trying day and was feeling very pissed off(forgive the language)when i saw a father with his son who was about 5 or 6 and his daughter who was about 2 or 3 and as they waited at traffic lights to cross the father was pushing the stroller and the little boy was holding his sisters hand as they crossed and the image was so beautiful and warm that it changed my mood there and then as i thought of my own little boy and all the wonderful things he gets up too
    so what makes you smile?

1. diogenes profile image82
      diogenesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Taking a really healthy dump without any artificial aids; my colon stretches into a huge, rubbery grin!...don't dwell on it!

1. arksys profile image92
        arksysposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol... i'm smiling ear to ear in a similar situation smile

2. Daniella Lopez profile image88
      Daniella Lopezposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Those little moments when I know I've made my husband happy. It can be that I've remembered something in our lives he didn't think I would or that I remembered a particular food he really likes. He has this adorable grin whenever this happens and it makes me smile inside. smile

1. Zabbella profile image76
        Zabbellaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

big_smile  beautifully said!

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like this.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"what make you smile inside?"

2. Rhonda Elisha profile image61
    Rhonda Elishaposted 4 years ago

At that moment you stopped and smelled the roses. Realizing what was truly meaningful. Allow those moments to be your guide! What makes me smile is the exact illustration you described. When it happens, I remember my youth and children.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago

My daughter's hair.

She cuddles up with me and I play with her curls for hours.  It's weird because she screams when I try to brush it, but she lets me "bounce" her curls.

Sounds silly, I know.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

Swallowing my temporary denture (waiting for a dental implant on my upper front jaw right now). This is just one way I can smile inside, the other is turning myself inside out tongue

5. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Opening my eyes and being able to see when I wake up. tongue

6. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 4 years ago

the smell of a new season
    the smile of any child's face
    the slow blinks i get from my cat
    the taste of delicious food
    the cig after a meal
    the heat of the sun on a crisp winter day

these are a few things that make me smile inside.

7. Nexis19 profile image60
    Nexis19posted 4 years ago

Spending time with my friends and family. It reminds me that life is truly worth all its hardships!

8. manlypoetryman profile image69
    manlypoetrymanposted 4 years ago

An Autumn day spent in East Texas.

9. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

10. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

When my son rung me from his new workplace after working for the day on a trial basis, telling me he'd got the job big_smile His first job. Love him to bits.

11. KellyPittman profile image81
    KellyPittmanposted 4 years ago

Tucking my children in to sleep at night. Lord knows they are only recharging, but this is the time when they are sleepy and they are sweet and they suddenly want to talk to me.  They want to tell me all about their day and what they dream about and how much they love me.  Yes, this truly makes me smile. 

And besides from my own family, seeing other people do something NICE, always puts a smile on my face and encourages me to be a good person also.  This can be as simple as someone holding the door open for the next person at a conveinience store, letting someone merge into traffic, or stopping to help someone who's car is broke down.  Yes, besides from family, random acts of kindness make me smile and they are contagious!