jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

what kind of god............?

1. Knight6 profile image61
    Knight6posted 4 years ago

i tried to pose a happy question but no takers while one and they talked about taking a dump long story however it seems ye all like a good argument and so i will offer one............
    what kind of god sits back on his ass a lets all this shit happen to his chosen creations?and before ye start with free will and how he gave us the right to chose him or not STOP.
    firstly if you create life ie a child then it is your duty to guide them and love them and make sure they stay safe as all good parents do you do not tell them to chose for themself or go and live and do whatever you want good bad or otherwise and even when they leave home for the frist time you still look out for them this by the way is not controling their lives this is basic common sence you look out for them you do not let them to their our devises you let them learn and grow both through your teaching and through their own mistakes god has not he abandoned us to our own free will without any looking out for us and dont even mention the bible because that was not written by him it is not his voice it is the voice of corrupt humans
    god has left us all alone no forwarding address no number no email address nothing and when bad things happen he is nowhere to be found they call that child negelect so why did he do this is it his way of teaching us a lesson is he punishing us for something why what the hell did we do that was so wrong he left us????????????????? argue that!!!!

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You apparently don't realize the importance of using periods at the end of sentences, so your sentences don't run on into other sentences and makes no sense. WOW!

Your OP is definitely hard to read.

2. emrldphx profile image60
      emrldphxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you think all parents should bubble-wrap their children to keep them from falling and scraping their knees?

Yes, parents are responsible to teach their children as best they can, but parents are not supposed to control their children.

Like you said, we learn from our mistakes. God works the same way. He lets us fall and learn from our mistakes. Otherwise, we would all be 'The Bubble Boy'.

Wait... you are arguing that God exists, but that we have no 'real' scripture from him? How do you know he exists if all religious texts are "written by corrupt humans"?

1. Cagsil profile image84
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Up to a certain age, yes control is done by parents.

You know there's a reason why parents hold the hands of children when coming to a street corner and even more so now in today's society where kids/children are taken from their parents in open public.

1. emrldphx profile image60
          emrldphxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Right, I didn't mean to imply anything like that. I'm talking about total control as the OP seems to think would be best.

Even with a 2 year old... you can't control the child all the time, and you're not supposed to. Keep them safe, and teach them as best you can, but I would never use the word 'control'.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

What ya want em to do?

3. knolyourself profile image60
  4. knolyourself profile image60

My experience is the more freedom you give kids early, the more freedom they will give you later.

5. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

It seems to me that believers need to stop being stuck on this idea that they are God's children. You may be the image of a deity, but calling yourselves children apparently makes you think there should be invisible suckers passed out for every perceived boo boo.

If you believe in a God, accept the reality  which that God created. Stand up and live within that reality. Try to understand the idea of God within the framework of the reality you know. Consider yourself the adult children who are expected to stand on their own two feet and make their own way.

Crying and wondering where the heck God is, is nothing more than feeling sorry for yourself. If you were my adult child, I'd shake my head and hope you grew up soon; and stopped expecting me to step in every time you got yourself into trouble.