jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Happiness is an occasional episode in the general drama of life.

1. asmaiftikhar profile image78
    asmaiftikharposted 4 years ago

As it is said,"happiness is an occasional episode in the general drama of life".How far you agree?

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Alas, I must agree. But hope springs eternal.

2. Disappearinghead profile image89
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm still awaiting for the abundant life to show itself.... Ho hum, mustn't grumble.

3. emrldphx profile image62
      emrldphxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like to follow the idea:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

I think happiness is mostly a choice. Of course, you're not going to be happy during all difficulties, but learning to smile outwardly and inwardly is a great life skill that makes things more manageable.

4. aka-dj profile image79
      aka-djposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A good attitude (being content) is far more valuable than good circumstances.
      These can be few and far between for most of us. But, so what, tomorrow will be a better day!
      Works for me.

If you are like me ( and many are not) and you know Whom you serve, and that in the end, WE WIN) how can you be anything but at peace, content and "happy".

Happiness is not an end destination to be pursued, but a lifestyle to be lived whilst on the journey of life.

2. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 4 years ago

I think that real happiness is not a reaction to life or a consequence of events, but an attitude. I'm certainly not there yet myself, but I'm working on it tongue

1. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree and will add...   Happieness is a choice that we make to be or not.

Happiness increeses and decreeses.  It comes and goes like the scent of bacin cooking.
         We can capture happiness but it is fleeting.

Peace of mind and Joy are conditions.  I Think! 

These can not be taken or lost, though they can be discarded.

3. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

It is. But, most of us are not enlightened enough to reach a level of perfect contentment and happiness. For me, it's the trials and tribulations that make me understand hapiness; as much as the hapiness itself. You would never search for the silver lining if you had never seen a cloud.