jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

want to debate?

1. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

Not Me!   

I'm just going to throw a (1) thought out there ......   
    Wondering "IF"  anyone else has wondered it TWO? ......

Imagine a coledge Professor  teaching a bunch of kindergarden children the phylosophies of life, and everything about what is truly important, 
       Then the professor says, "Go out and tell all of your friends what you learned today"

And they did,  ...  each student taught the story to one friend. 

And each student's grade depends upon how good their friend did on their test. 

And the professor will get back to you about that?  pretty soon

I'm dune!   for a while..    didn't want to debate ....                  Just thinking out loud    ,,,  for a minute.

1. leroy64 profile image82
      leroy64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can imagine: 

1.  A bunch of kids that now think their teacher is silly.
      2.  A bunch of kids napping while the teachers back is turned.
      3.  A teacher saying just go play.

Three paths out of the infinite possibilities available until we see them.  I suspect the children will know more about what is important in life than the professor.  If the professor will listen to the students, he could learn.

1. Jerami profile image77
        Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You may have described it true ... in some cases?

When I posted the OP  I was picturing Jesus as having been the professor, and the 12 disciples as his students; ...

And the disciples each having to teach what they learned to a couple of people they knew, and these people took the test to see if the disciple passes or not?

I'm suggesting that something might have been lost in the first translation of subject matter?   (Differently by each disciple} 

even these twelve were having disagreements with each other concerning what they had learned.
           And here we are trying to figure out what each of them really meant when they wrote what they wrote.

I we are going to know for sure what the professor taught ??   We must be overlooking something that would make sense of it all!

There would have to be a missing ingredient;  something in scriptures that when discovered, would bring the stories all together.

And this would have to line up with O.T. prophesy.

God inspired it ....   So,  If we don't understand it  ...ALL...  there has got to be something that we are not considering. ?
           And I think it is the same thing with all of us.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
          stilljustwonderinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes dear brother, I knew what you were saying.  A parable.  Ya know, Jesus some times explained his parables to his disciples because they didn't get it either.  He explained, as he will even today.

Maybe we could think in terms of a criminal act?  Several witnesses, and they all have something a little different, or a little more detail to give to the police?  They all saw the same thing, but describe it a little differently.  Some times, some details, are forgotten by some, but remembered by others. It is all still the truth, described as they saw it.
          Love ya

2. MickeySr profile image86
      MickeySrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't imagine the teaching those students would then proceed to advance to their friends would genuinely change individual lives, let alone change the whole world and change the course of history.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

It is impossible to present an opinion as an opinion to 5-year-olds. They will perceive the opinion as fact no matter what. Thus, the professor would be doing an ethical no-no.