jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Is It Ironic that Penn State is a Catholic School?

1. 0
    Cranfordjsposted 4 years ago

Does it surprise you that coaches at Penn state allowed this to go on since the Catholic church is notoriously known to cover up its own scandals?

1. LookingForWalden profile image59
      LookingForWaldenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That picture is hilarious.

2. 0
      Cranfordjsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

lol lol lol

3. 0

Will Jerry Sandusky be admitted into heaven if he just repents?

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

Really? I thought it is a public state research uni??

I also thought they are only comparing it to a church hierarchical org like the Catholic church.

Hierarchical organization which are business oriented tend to keep the status quo bec it is bad for business. School and religious organizations are big businesses.

People make up an organization, so it is the people not Catholicism (with its teachings) which is bad.

There are people from all race, ethnicity, education, age, sex etc. sexually abuse other people by using their power. They become more pronounced when it is committed by supposedly religious people.

5. 0

It has religious ties. "There are people from all race ect..."  but they don't try to cover it up. It is more pronounced when an organization covers it up to protect themselves.

I will grant you my title is wrong, I just realized it, but nevertheless....

Also, I don't think the people that make up the Catholic church are bad, I just think they should take charge of their church. No one person should be lifted up as a god...........I don't think a human can think clearly with that kind of ego, hint covering up this kind of stuff to protect the church and not the victims.

6. olodarkwriter profile image59
    olodarkwriterposted 4 years ago

Actually Penn Stat must be Quaker since it is in Pennsylvania

7. 0

Joe Paterno is Catholic, and he is the main figure of Penn state.