jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Crazy Christmas Traditions

1. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I just heard the funniest story, and it made me wonder how many more are out there. I'd love to hear what bizarre tradition you have heard of for the holiday season.

My son said he heard of a family who had a tradition that, during the month of December, every time the children did a good deed they would receive a piece of straw. On Christmas Eve they'd combine their little pieces of straw they'd been rewarded with and make a bed for the baby Jesus.

I guess that's kind of cute, unless the kids were bad. I suppose the baby Jesus would then sleep on a cold bare floor and the kids would suffer the horror and embarrassment that it was their fault. Probably traumatized them for life. Nothing beats religious guilt, but I thought  it was hilarious. (I'm not a monster, I assume the story isn't true)

Has anyone else heard any funny stories about possibly well meaning, but ill advised family  holiday traditions?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
      AshtonFireflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL! That is quite funny... smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope. I've not heard of any strange traditions like that, but what you said was funny. lol lol

3. autumn18 profile image67
      autumn18posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Last Christmas a co-worker told me that in her family they tell all the kids that their presents are from Jesus. I thought it was odd but to each their own. I mean it's kind of the same results as if they think Santa gave them presents so not a big difference.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
        AshtonFireflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wow...that would get a little difficult...especially if the child didn't like the present...lol...

1. Disappearinghead profile image89
          Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mmm. What happens on Christmas Day when little Johny sees that Jesus loves little Freddy more? hmm

1. 0
            Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol I see food for Saturday Night Live skits in all of this.

2. autumn18 profile image67
            autumn18posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol. It also makes me wonder about the fact that when kids grow up they learn it wasn't Santa it was their parents. So they find out Santa doesn't exist. When they learn that it wasn't Jesus it was their parents what happens to Jesus?

4. DeadChurchRising profile image60
      DeadChurchRisingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nice.  smile

working