How do you picture God?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (138 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image61
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

To some God looks like a man, while to others God is formless. Does God have a shape to you or is God just a facette of the mind?

1. autumn18 profile image56
      autumn18posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not that I believe this but if the bible says God made man in his image wouldn't he look like man? Then again all men (and women) look different so I don't know.

1. Kyle Payne profile image61
        Kyle Payneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When the Bible states that man is made in the image of God it is referring to the substance trinitarianism of man and the the substance trinitarianism of God. In other words man is made in 3 parts and God is 3 parts.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God is the culmination of the many gods before Him, and before them and before them and so on...

3. profile image0
      Cranfordjsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5862915_f248.jpg

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is that the Southern Bible Belt Jesus?

1. profile image0

haha No! If he was he'd be wearing white sheets. lol

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
            couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's bad.

1. Hillbilly Zen profile image60
              Hillbilly Zenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention inaccurate and insulting.  Just sayin'.

2. Trichakra profile image61
              Trichakraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is very bad.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image71
        AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why make a post simply to mock and make fun?  hmm

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The physicality of God, to me, is more closely related to the physicality of light. The infinite shapes light can take, the limitless color variations, and the duality of light (particle-wave duality) are the things I imagine God's 'physicality'  to resemble.

What I do not imagine, is God's form being similar to a human beings form or limited like the purely physical beings we can see.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was the other half of the question. To me all things come from formlessness, words, light and the universe are all formless and are willed into being. "does a tree make sound when it falls and no one is around to hear it"? The answer is based on whether or not one understands the principles of formlessness. Yes it does make a noise but also, according to metaphysics, the things we percieve do not exist if there is no person to experience the hearing there of. This is God...

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

hmm

I have to disagree. All things have form, even light. They may have the ability to change or transmute the shape of thier form, but what they are physically made up of remains constant.

Thought is what it is, it retains it's form. If it did not... it would not be thought, it would be something else.

But to say that things come from formlessness, does not mean that they are formless. The mind is formless in the sense that, it has no form and no bounderies. God is a facet of the mind in this way, for it is left to the imagination as to which form it will take.

Again... I have to disagree.

God is whatever it is. God remains whatever it is, that God is.

Human imagination only affects the human imagination. It does not matter what humanity imagines God's form to be. God's actual form is God's actual form and God remains that which God is uneffected by the diverse opinions and imaginings of humanity.

Our understanding of the form of God is what changes based on our imagination. The more we can understand, the more we can imagine, the better we become at seeing the true form of all things, including God.

Again. I am speaking from the view point of the individual, not the masses.
                Here's a good question. Does an object have a shape if no one is there to see it? This what I mean by formless. Can you see your mind? probably not and this is why I say it is formless. By formless, I mean that we have a limited understanding of these things.

Yes it does. It's true form is not affected by the observations of an outside entity. The true form of an object/entity/God is something that is constant, it is not something that changes based on an outside observer.

Can I see my brain, under the right circumstances (with the help of a neuro-surgeon) yes. Can I see my thoughts, again yes, right after I write them down, or make a hub about them. If by 'mind' you mean soul or personality then my answer is still yes with qualifiers. Seeing my soul isn't seeing with my eyes it is 'seeing' through other senses (like seeing the wind). Seeing my personality like seeing the wind I can see through my decorations or clothing or car choices.

Probably yes, and this is why I disagree with your opinion.
                  I will agree that we do have a limited understanding of these things and pretty much everything else...

They are formless until given form by you. your thoughts are inanimate, colorless, shapeless, oderless, figments until you 1) write them down, 2) speak them out loud, 3) act them out or 4) allow them to manifest themselves into another form of sight, hearing, touch or taste.-Jenn

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God appears in the minds of others as they would see him. God is everything good to everyone.

6. profile image56
      Derek Abelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i mouth an a huge white beard.

7. sjain101 profile image60
      sjain101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe that there is some entity as God. its ones imagination and fear of unknown. i have elaborated the same on my hub
      http://sjain101.hubpages.com/hub/existence-God

8. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does paradigmsearch start posting god pics? Or does paradigmsearch not start posting god pics? That is the question...

9. amine-sehibi profile image67
      amine-sehibiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Can an imperfect human visualize the perfection of God?

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NNwYDO2HD4Q/TgosqHKBgLI/AAAAAAAAEy0/io-kkYYtnTA/s1600/doug-gilmour.jpg

Is it me, or does the pose look just a little homo-erotic?

1. profile image0

haha  does it do anything for you?

No. I'm not into ice hockey. wink

2. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

it's natural to have strong feelings about the Toronto Maple Leafs...

don't judge yourself

2. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

oooh he handsome . .

but Sanchez beats him on the 'handsome' geiger counter

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I don't.

I don't either, it was just a silly question and I was burning time between hub posts. For me all things come from formlessness and return there of.

4. aware profile image66
    awareposted 12 years ago

vast dark face spiting out suns to light its way.
    that's just one picture im painting.

5. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 12 years ago

If there is a G-d, he/she/it hasn't revealed what it looks like. So, unless you're claiming that you really have seen it, it seems a bit strange to me to envision something. But, maybe it helps some people to have a physical embodiment in mind.

I don't have a picture of G-d but then again I don't understand G-d the way many do.

6. aware profile image66
    awareposted 12 years ago

i picture GOD without a O in its name.

7. ikechiawazie profile image60
    ikechiawazieposted 12 years ago

I picture God as an awesome spirit and also he has the image of man

8. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I can't picture God = since god is everything.  I just know he sounds a lot like Jeremy Irons! smile

9. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

There's an actual photograph taken FROM the afterlife in my most recent hub. I'm not kidding.

Lmao! I thought self promoting in the forums was against the TOS. Well I guess since you will soon be the most famous photographer in the world it is worth the risk.... wink

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I confess that I am a rapacious self-promoter, but I perpetrate the deeds rarely and with such subtlety that, like a tightrope walker dancing adroitly along the razor's edge of the HubPages TOS,I stay neatly within the technicalities. big_smile

Besides, I'm never selling anything, so somehow I think it just doesn't seem as contraband.

10. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 12 years ago

Meditate on the third eye or Spirit Gate.  You will find your god.

11. Druid Dude profile image58
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

GOD'S IMAGE.         *****NEWS FLASH***** GOD<,MALE AND FEMALE BEAR CHILD. CALL IT "MAN". This reporter witnessed the birth of God and Mrs. God's firstborn offspring. I am happy to say that the resultant child was male and female, and they both looked exactly like their beaming parents. All are invited to the baby shower, this evening in the Garden of Eden, near the forbidden trees. Bringt lotsa incense and gold.

12. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

not only does he sound like Jeremy Irons, but he is talking to me now!  and he says you are all bums and shameless self-promoters and that if his very next hub will be written through me - so stay tuned!

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This ought to be good.

13. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

I picture Him similar to what ikechiawazie said.  God is Spirit, yet He has revealed Himself in forms that mankind can fathom physically too, specifically in the form of Jesus Christ.  John the disciple "saw" Him in a vision described in Revelation 1: 11-18.   Awesome description for anyone who cares to look it up!  And it's very interesting to note that the description including the words of Jesus makes no distinction between the Creator and the Messiah.  Matter of fact, "they" are labeled with the same descriptive words.  They are indeed One.

14. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

http://evolutionspace.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/i_know_the_bible_is_true_sophistry.gif

1. LookingForWalden profile image61
      LookingForWaldenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, so true and so funny. Lol.

It is a vicious circle and all I did was ask a simple question and I didn't really want any explanations or arguements.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think anyone's having an argumemnt.  I picture the whole concept pretty much as the cartoonist depicted.

And I agree, but the cartoon has nothing to do with the question. The cartoon is a representation of religious debate, not how one invisions their concept of whatever you want to call it.

Why do you want to start an argument?

I don't like arguments. I'm a strictly nonconfrontational.

2. LookingForWalden profile image61
          LookingForWaldenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What else is there to do with a question?

1. couturepopcafe profile image60

Often, if we look to our hearts, we find answers to questions that we, ourselves, did not expect.  Having the courage to post your heart onto a forum page is quite another story.

2. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

circular reason is a linguistic joke that people too  to understand can't figure out.
      its all in the phrasing.

The bible CLAIMS to be the word of God and the bible PROVES that it is the word of God.
      How? u ask

I'll let you stew over that one

3. BrokenDreamer profile image59
      BrokenDreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are some who believe this way. I do not. I trust the spirit of what the bible says, but I am more interested in what the direct messages from God are...

15. Ron Montgomery profile image61

http://www.recoverygraphics.com/albums/Spiritual_2/GOD_Creating_The_World_Funny.jpg

16. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I guess you assumed nobody was interested in looking it up

2. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AND THATS JUST GODS' SON
      smile

17. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I suppose when I picture God I often picture the William Blake version. Perhaps I've studied Brit lit too long!

1. brittanytodd profile image88
      brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha!  Totally!  I did a hub on Blake.  I didn't know you were a fan too. smile

What is the Blake version, how is God described?

1. brittanytodd profile image88
          brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5864222_f248.jpg

2. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Blake's art often depicts God as a towering grandfatherly form with white hair and a flowing beard. The poet's god is usually very muscular, also.

It's almost as Leonardo invisioned Adam reaching out to God.

18. DoubleScorpion profile image78
    DoubleScorpionposted 12 years ago

How do I picture God?...I simply look in the mirror. If one is living as one should they should be a direct reflection of the God they follow or emulate. If one is looking elsewhere for a discription of God, one might want to reflect on themselves and their life for a few.

(Just my opinion)

I don't think people understand  the point of the question. The point was to end the social prejudice and open the eyes of others, so to put the beliefs of others in a higher regard. People are so prejudiced to outside religion, thinking that their way is right and so on. Most of the issues we have in society are based on religious barriers and personal belief.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
        DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Which is why I think it is a personal view and there is not a right or wrong answer.

Nuff said brother... Finally I have found a person with an open mind and an affinity for the true, truth.

19. AshtonFirefly profile image71
    AshtonFireflyposted 12 years ago

I don't.
    Picture God, that is.

I studied everything but my major in college. How is your schooling coming along?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image71

um...how is that related to the topic?

It's not. I was just asking a question. A segue if you will, to relieve the tention of the topic. The point of the college statement was this. I didn't start to see the little things until I went to college. Little things such as the subtle differences in human behavior and religious and personal belief. Sure I knew of the misplaced prejudices, but I didn't quite have a handle on it until then.

Ahh, ok... I'm a college grad. I do independent research into various topics but that's about it. Life is the best school for me right now smile

You said it was a psychological study and I had interperated it as, you were still in school. So you are not religious?

Nah, I just do independent psychological research. I don’t go to school for it…sorry I miscommunicated that…
                Um…by religious do you mean, do I believe in God?

Yes... What do you believe? I believe nothing but what my common sense tells me to.

I believe in whatever it is that appears to be most likely true.
                    The combination of all the things which have happened to me, the topics I have researched, the things I have studied, and the experiences I have had, all lead me to believe”  in a Higher Power which is God and that Jesus Christ did do something great for believers. That is what makes the most sense to me. I have explored many other options. I know there are people who would automatically point to me and say “You believe that because you grew up that way,” or “you believe that because you’ve been brainwashed.” And they can believe that if they want to. The point is, I’ve lived with myself for 23 years and I know for a fact that I don’t believe in anything that is illogical.
                      To me, everything is to some extent unknowable. There are apparent problems in believing Christianity, to me. There are apparent problems with believing in atheism , to me. There are apparent problems with believing in deism, to me, etc. etc. All positions have things left to be desired in the way of explanation. For me, I weighed the pros and cons and decided that, in my life, the belief that God is real and that Christ has an impact in the lives of believers, makes the most sense to me, all things considered. I’m not saying everyone should feel that way. It just does, for ME.
                      I don’t really care if I’m right or not. I search for truth. The minute that I can find out logically, or can be convinced through sound logic or different applications that something else is true, I will believe that.  But for me, this is what makes the most sense and I feel can still be logically explained. There are those who will argue with me and say that there is no logic to the Christian beliefs. I think there is logic in it—but that is my opinion. One thing I am discovering is that one person’s logic is another person’s madness.
                      That’s why I don’t pressure anyone else to believe what I believe. I don’t really care what other people believe. Sure, I’d like for other people to be happy in their beliefs as I am, but if my way of belief doesn’t satisfy them, why in the world would I want to force it? To prove I’m right? No way. Cuz I don’t even know if I’m right. And even if I did, trying to force it would be directly in contrast to what I said I believed. It wouldn’t be “evangelism,” it’d be shoving my opinions down someone else’s throat for the egotistical pleasure I receive from arrogantly assuming I know everything.  I realize that my tiny brain is not capable of understanding the whole of reality. I search for truth, try to apply logic as objectively and honestly as I can, attempt to put all things into perspective, and make the best decision I can make. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong; and that’s okay. But I did my best.
                    Anywho, that was a really really long answer to your question lol, but I guess I could summarize this way:
                    I believe in whatever it is that appears , through research, logic, examination, and open-mindedness, to be the most likely to be true. What else, really, can I do? I believe in God and that Christ is the instrument through which we connect with God; and I believe this for the reason that, in my life, all things considered, at this moment in time, it makes the most sense and works the best for me. If someone comes and explains reality to me in a different way which explains all the phenomenon in my life logically, or more logically, than what I believe, then I am open to what they have to say. That is why I always ask people what they believe. I want to know if maybe they know something I don’t. Who am I to say I’m right? I’m one in billions of people who think they have the answer…

20. jakesully profile image58
    jakesullyposted 12 years ago

I picture God as a bright, glowing ball of light, like the sun.

21. Fat-no-more profile image62
    Fat-no-moreposted 12 years ago

To me .. well to us ( who belive in Islam and Mohammed the messenger of God  ) .. No one ..NO ONE can picture the shape of God ... we know just the Attributes .. and some people say " ok ... God created everyone..so who created God? " if you say that now that lucifer who want to make think that
    hh sorry because my English is bad but the Question attracted me ^^

To me God is formless. This is my belief and it will always be that way. If I haven't seen something to give any refferance to, then it is formless. Just the same as if I tell a blind person about the color orange. To the ones born blind, they will envision formlessness. You no more describe a color as you can make someone else feal your pain.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60

@Fat - That's because those beings are formless.  By meditating on the Spirit Gate, the godhead will be shown to you - or anyone.  Consciousness is not conditioned by time but just is.  By taking away the cause (the world) of affliction, we become unitive conciousness or collective conciousness.  This clarity is preceeded by faith, energy, memory and fair-minded contemplation.  'Searching oneself' was a new age catch phrase and probably little understood.  IMO, who feels it knows it.

22. Night Magic profile image61
    Night Magicposted 12 years ago

To me God looks like the form of a shadow but so bright that you can hardly look at Him.

23. GoodLady profile image91
    GoodLadyposted 12 years ago

Depends.  Sometimes in the sun, sometimes a true smallness in me, sometimes in my imagination.  Sometimes not possible.

24. Ron Montgomery profile image61
  25. dagsil profile image61
    dagsilposted 12 years ago

i think god appers to as in many forms that suits us

26. dagsil profile image61
    dagsilposted 12 years ago

us

27. rLcasaLme profile image71
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

God is a spirit. No one had seen God in his full glory.
    To the many, He is often seen as being strict and unmoved, a trait always found in an authoritative figure.
    But To me, God is the Father who's always waiting for sinners to come home, who runs and throws His arms around a sinner over-delighted of his come back, where one would feel asking for forgiveness is no longer necessary for one would be overwhelmed by the undeserved love.

28. calpol25 profile image60
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

I would chase him with a camera and then shout smile and take a picture. lol lol

Seriously I believe that god is something we can not picture because its what we feel inside that is picture enough. What I mean is its individual and we will all picture god in different ways.

Thank you for thinking clearly. It seems that when I think in those terms, people want to disagree and say that God is a constant. Like it's some kind concrete fact that God exists. I don't believe that God exists, but I do have a feeling that there is something greater than myself. However, I have a hard time agreeing that there are really any words we can use to define whatever it is we are feeling.

1. calpol25 profile image60
        calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you mischeviousme its an individual thing I think, what we feel inside is all we really need to picture x smile

I actually had someone disagree with me and it seems like he cannot grasp how science and metaphor are seperate entities. When I say thoughts are formless and that all things come from formlessness, He automatically disagrees and tries to prove me wrong by stating backwards science and comparing it to metaphoric thinking. If someone is going to disagree, they should at least read what I have to say and not just look for words to disagree with. It just seems biased and ignorant to me.

1. calpol25 profile image60
            calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I certainly agree there, were all adults and should respect each others opnion, but the fact that the person has told you that shows that they are incapable of understanding or respecting other peoples opinions. :-)
            Dont let it bother you, just keep writing and ignore people like that :-)

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

The simple fact is you are trying to not say what you actually mean/believe. Possibly because you're afraid of being proven wrong. If you're not afraid that then spell it out and show us your proof.

I don't off-handly dismiss anything... But I won't off-handly accept anything either. So if it is important to you that others believe as you do, then I suggest you speak plainly in simple terms anyone can understand and supply proof to back your position.

Until then I'll just enjoy your teenage theatrics and attempts to mislead people from reality.

29. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years ago

roll  @Calpol and Mischeviousme...

Name calling does not support your stance.

But...

...Thanks for playing!!   big_smile

(The teenage theatrics are hilarious!) lol

Are we done trying to be big? Ok. I think it is a game and we are all playing. And you are right, but it takes one to know one.

Am I playing by your standards yet?

30. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

How do you picture God?

ONE- the Creator God is only attributive. Do you want to know His attributes? Please

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

One picture of Allah coming up!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

http://superiorplatform.com/pictures-of/faces/angry/05-angry_man.jpg

2. mischeviousme profile image61

The attributes of God as you see them? It is always going to sound the same. I have tried to defend my views, but I find that I don't need to. I can only tell you things in my own words and I can only describe it with my mouth. What I have to say though only matters if you think it does. It matters not what I say, so much as what I do.

31. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

The Creator God is neither a physical being nor a spiritual being; all physical and spiritual things are His creartion. The Crearot God is attributive; see Him defined below with picturesque words:

[112:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
    [112:2] Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
    [112:3] ‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
    [112:4] ‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
    [112:5] ‘And there is none like unto Him.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … php?ch=112

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)