jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Do you Believe that 2012 will be the end?

1. profile image61
    sanyoseikiposted 5 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5864294_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5864372.jpg

2. jcmayer777 profile image79
    jcmayer777posted 5 years ago

no

3. Disappearinghead profile image87
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

Here we go round the mulberry bush.....

No.

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm why don't you have some patience..
      Don't believe silly things

4. Joshua live profile image60
    Joshua liveposted 5 years ago

20012 will be the end. hmm

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haha - that's too soon as well

5. brittanytodd profile image92
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

The whole 2012 nonsense is based on the Mayan calendar after it was converted to the Gregorian calendar that we use today.  They used a calculation they call the GMT constant (3 initials for the last-known Mayan researchers).  They predicted the end using this calculator, but recent evidence has shown that they are wrong on the calculation and that the "end" of the Mayan calendar could be as far as 100 yrs away.

Read this book for more info: Calendars and Years II: The Astronomy and Time in the Ancient and Medieval World

Also, the Mayan calendar doesn't necessarily "end" in a "dark rift" like some suggest.  It doesn't end at all.  In fact, it just starts a new cycle like the odometer on your car.  The Gregorian calendar was set to end on September 18th, 1618.  Nothing happened then (or on June 15th, 1224, or on March 13th, 830) so nothing is going to happen in 2012.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 5 years ago in reply to this

great explanation...I do not think 2012 will end the world either

2. AshtonFirefly profile image83
      AshtonFireflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for posting this. Something I've wanted to say to people for a while.  You do your research. Thank you.

1. profile image60
        sudip sen 85posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ohhh thankz for your comment, now i ll celebrate the new year much better

1. brittanytodd profile image92
          brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome, everyone. And thanks.  I just get tired of hearing that kind of nonsense.  It just makes everyone freak out.  Stay positive.

6. profile image70
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

The end will come for some in 2012.  It will come for us all eventually.

7. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I'm fascinated by good end time prophesies and the Mayan one we've spun is one of the best. It plays out on a cosmic scale that appears to be naturally cyclical; so it's a good one that can appeal to the imagination of all.

Brittanytodd is correct, but we'll ignore that and have our fun anyway.  I guess, after the 2013 new year I'll watch to see of the Saint Malachy prophesy comes true. Not sure what's out there past that. I don't doubt we'll find something.

working