jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

If you, a non-believer is about to die the next minute.....would you?

1. rLcasaLme profile image55
    rLcasaLmeposted 4 years ago

If you, a non-believer know certainly that you are going to die the next minute (maybe from illness or accident), would you reconsider praying or surrendering yourself to God? or would you still rather just die in unbelief?

1. DoubleScorpion profile image86
      DoubleScorpionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Which God would one pray to?

Death is a nature part of life. It is going to happen to us all sooner or later. If the only reason one believes in a God is because of fear of death or the unknown then do they truly believe or are they just hoping that there is something else out there after death.

I don't worry about death, I have way to much enjoyment from life to be concerned with something I have no control over and is going to happen no matter what I do or what I believe in.

The beliefs I currently hold, I use to live my life to the fullest and to do what I can to help my fellow man(woman).

When death comes calling at my door, I am satisfied in the fact that I lived my life and helped others the best I possibly could. And I have no regrets,doubts or fears when it comes to death. And if there is in fact an afterlife and it is based on how one lived their life in this world, I have no doubts that I will be welcomed in whatever "paradise" is in the afterlife. I am not so sure that the majority of "believers" can say the same and actually be confident in that belief. There are many who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. 

I have met many "Atheists" who live (walk the walk) a more "Christian life", than a good portion of those who actually claim to be "Christian".

2. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If one lives their lives being honest with themselves and having integrity, why would they throw all that away to die clinging to dishonesty while tossing their integrity in the bin?

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
        Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think this thread  is cooked, good points.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

I think you have a jaded view of non belief. Non belief is little more than non belief in another person's views. It is non belief in religion. Everyone has their view of things on a cosmic level. Facing death can't change that.

I find it difficult to believe that someone would spend a lifetime attempting to accept reality as they know it; to live honestly and as best they can; and then decide to live a lie at the end of their life. It's a repugnant thing to imagine.

If God exists, we all surrender ourselves once this life has passed. Religion does not have dibs on anything. Imo.

1. Jerami profile image78
      Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wish I had chosen these words two years ago when I first started using the internet and coming in here.

3. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

You foolishly think this is a choice. 

I don't believe nonsense.  I'd love to believe it - it must be very comforting for those who do.   But you might as well ask me if I could believe I had six fingers on my right hand - it's nonsense and I'm never going to think that.

We aren't rejecting your fantasy.  We aren't fighting it, aren't against it, don't hate it or refuse it or anything else.  We simply don't believe we have six fingers on our hand.  You do.  That makes you happy?  Good.  Be happy.  I like happy people. no matter how silly they are about their fingers.

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Much like PCunix.  While I could offer up a very insincere prayer (it's only words, after all), it is impossible to "surrender myself to God" or believe.