jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Some facts about the LDS church

1. Onusonus profile image85
    Onusonusposted 5 years ago

Lately some people have been going around criticizing the LDS church so I thought I would post an interesting article I found that was put out by the Ford motor company.

<snipped link>

It would be nice to see similar articles about other churches as well. If you have one about yours post it here.

2. Timothy Donnelly profile image61
    Timothy Donnellyposted 5 years ago

Hello Onusonus, How ya doing?
    Your link is not displaying, so I thought I would post another about the general and routine practices of Latter-day Saints. It is a link from The Salt Lake Tribune, which is, for everyone's information both a secular and an independent News source; indeed it publishes even news that is not indicative of the typical Mormon, and it has a generous archive of available information to peruse. The link which I have included is relevant to my latest Hub, which speaks of paying an honest Tithe to the church, as well encouraging citizens to always pay an honest Tax to their government.
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaith … h.html.csp
    It is interesting to note that Ford was the most prepared Auto manufacturer, who did not ask (like the others), or even need to ask, for a Bailout from the government. Now I admit, I have been in the situation that I needed monetary assisstance from my church to pay my bills in the past, and they did help me. I suggest that other churches should do likewise to their members in need, facilitating a judicious and prudent manner of assistance.
    Merry Christmas Onusonus, to you and yours.

Onusonusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Merry Christmas to you as well. It's all about charity, the true love of Christ.

3. Timothy Donnelly profile image61

I would also like to show another article, which is also very independant, as can easily be understood by reading it (it talks of Mormon cannonized Doctrine verses, what some may say [articulate], including some church leaders.
    It is entitled: "Even if so-and-so said such-and-such, is it Mormon doctrine? Maybe not"
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaith … y.html.csp
    The bottom line is  that the cannonized Doctrine (the Standard Works) IS the bottom line, for the masses.
    For the individual, the bottom line is the Word understood with the mind - in conjunction with - the (hopefully) Holy Spirit.
    Keep in mind, that what the Holy Spirit reveals to those that Love God FIRST, oftentimes cannot be adequately expressed, due to our meagre-by-comparison communicating effectiveness, language, and also the fact that we are only yet [being] Human Beings.

4. Timothy Donnelly profile image61

Here is your Ford Link:
    http://thefamily.com/?p=18949

Onusonusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah there it is. I wonder what happened.

5. Timothy Donnelly profile image61

Wow, Ford Motor Company really did their homework! I like this one fact (of the LDS Church membership, especially in Utah) the best:  "Utah is first in: charitable giving, producing scientists, household computers, children with two parents, and birth rate."
    I'm happy to be a part of the congregation of believers in the "most correct" faith on earth, albeit, since I do not boast in myself, I declare that I am still a bachelor, unfortunately; but I remain hopeful to one day begin my own family with a sole (exclusive) loving wife, wherever she may be.

1. profile image0
      Cranfordjsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Check out the statistics for Secular countries.

1. Timothy Donnelly profile image61
        Timothy Donnellyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why don't you relay that information to me - like contribute to the forum, instead of trying to make me do your footwork.

6. profile image60
    passingthewordposted 5 years ago

Ford will do anything to make some money
    I'll share some facts with you about the LDS. Go to of the
    RULDS.weebly.com   This was written by my brother in law.
    1 Nephi 13:28-29 …The bible causes many people to stumble.

Journal of Discourses Vol.2p75...The Bible is not a sufficient guide; the words contained in this Bible are merely a history of what is gone by;

Young Women Journal Vol. 3 PG 263-264, Joseph Smith Described, “the inhabitants of the moon as being about six-foot tall, dressed like Quakers, and living to be about 1000 Years Old.

Brigham Young also stated in 1870 in the Journal of Discourses Vol. 13 PG 271, That the sun was also inhabited.

working