jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Southern Philippines Need Our Prayers in This Time of Uncertainty

1. inaniLoquence profile image85
    inaniLoquenceposted 4 years ago

My hometown in the Philippines was totally wrecked by the Typhoon Washi. The typhoon left a trail of now-decomposing bodies. Around 500 people died and hundreds are still missing. Among the 500 was my mum's friend  (still missing) and the friend's family whose bodies have been washed out and now found. It only took half an hour for an ankle-deep water to rise 11 feet.

Since my family and I are in Singapore, we can just hope for the best for those who were left behind. They need relief and prayers to overcome this ordeal.

The photo I uploaded shows a boy on top of a van, submerged by the rapidly rising flood water, clutching Mama Mary.

1. rbe0 profile image60
      rbe0posted 4 years ago in reply to this

How sad, every philinnes (pinoy/pinay i think is the right word??) person i have ever met has been a great person. I would donate to relief fund if I had any money. Best of luck to you and your family.

2. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's really shocking - the rate at which the level rose!! I can only pray and nothing else.

3. autumn18 profile image68
      autumn18posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I certainly hope for the best for the victims and hope for good news regarding your moms friend.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I'll definitely say a few prayers!

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

And for those of you who haven't heard about this terrible catastrophe, you can read about it here: - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-16234718